CHAUVET LIMITED WARRANTY FOR UNITED STATES
A. Chauvet & Sons, Inc. d/b/a Chauvet Lighting ("Chauvet") warrants this product for the periods set forth below from the date of purchase or date of manufacture*, to be free from defects in material and workmanship:
- 24 months for DMX-controllable lighting fixtures, video displays and DMX-512 controllers
- 12 months for non-DMX lighting fixtures, trussing products, VIP gear bags, fog/haze machines and non-programmable controllers
- 6 months for laser diodes and batteries
*The date of manufacture will be used as the warranty period start date in cases where there is greater than a twelve (12) month difference between the date of manufacture and the date of purchase. For example, if a product having a manufacture date of April 2010 is purchased in July 2011, the warranty period will commence in April 2010. This limited warranty is valid only for the original purchaser, is not transferable and is only applicable to products sold within the United States. For products purchased outside the covered regions, consult the local authorized Chauvet distributor as warranty policies vary from country to country.
This limited warranty is limited solely to the above, applies only for the period set forth above, and is contingent upon Chauvet receiving the defective product no later than the expiration of the applicable warranty period, along with a description of the defect and the date of its discovery. Warranty claims will not be considered for products received after the expiration of the applicable warranty period. All warranty claims are judged under the terms of this limited warranty. A dated proof of purchase must accompany the returned product. Warranty claims will not be considered without a dated proof of purchase. Current and consistent maintenance records must be maintained for all products covered under this warranty and supplied to Chauvet upon request (proper maintenance guidelines are detailed in the product technical documentation).
No agent, employee or representative of Chauvet may bind Chauvet to any terms or conditions beyond the scope of this limited warranty. Any provisions contained in the purchaser's purchase order or any other purchaser document which conflict with the terms and conditions of this limited warranty or which are not expressly set forth in this limited warranty shall be of no force or effect. The purchase of this Chauvet product constitutes the purchaser's acceptance of the terms set forth in this limited warranty. This warranty gives the purchaser specific legal rights. The purchaser may also have other rights which vary from region to region.
B. This limited warranty excludes any defects caused by, resulting from or relating to the following:
- Parts prone to normal wear and tear including lamps, fuses, brushes, contact rings, zippers, lamp sockets and belts
- Misuse, abuse, improper handling, tampering or attempts to repair by or on behalf of the owner or any person not authorized by Chauvet
- Damage to the product resulting from acts of God
- Exposure to harsh or excessively corrosive environmental conditions (whether indoors or outdoors), including, but not limited to, extreme temperatures, humidity, atmospheric conditions (including salinity or pressure), radiation (UV, infrared or nuclear), shock and conditions which exceed the product's Ingress Protection ("IP") rating
- Use of the product in a manner which exceeds the applicable product specification, including, but not limited to, exposure to excessive, insufficient or other voltage conditions
- Installation or use of the product not in accordance with the technical documentation, Chauvet's guidelines (as may be posted on its website at www.chauvetlighting.com from time to time or otherwise designated by Chauvet) or applicable building and electrical codes, regulations and standards
- Failure to maintain the product in accordance with the technical documentation
- Natural degradation and color shift of the LED source over the course of normal product use
- Slight deviations in the specified values of intensity and color that do not affect the functionality of the product
- Use of the product not for its intended purpose
This limited warranty shall be null and void if the original identification information on the product is missing or has been altered in any manner.
Chauvet offers no warranty for any accessories, peripheral equipment or products not bearing the name Chauvet or a Chauvet brand, including, but not limited to, carry cases, third party wireless devices, cords, batteries, clamps, lamps and brackets (unless otherwise specifically stated). Any warranty or other claims relating to any such third party products are the sole responsibility of the manufacturer of such third party products and the purchaser must communicate directly with such third party manufacturer regarding such claims.
C. If a product fails within the warranty period and if, upon examination by Chauvet, it is found to have failed for a covered cause, Chauvet will, at its sole discretion, repair or
replace the defective part or product or reimburse the purchaser a pro-rated portion of the purchase price based on the percentage of the warranty period still remaining as of the date that the returned product was received by Chauvet. Should a replacement part or product be discontinued or unavailable, Chauvet reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to substitute a comparable replacement part or product for the defective part or product. Chauvet's warranty obligation hereunder is limited solely to the repair or replacement of or reimbursement for the particular parts or products found by Chauvet to have failed for a covered cause within the warranty period. In no event shall Chauvet be responsible to replace or reimburse purchaser for any products or portions of a system not found by Chauvet to have failed for a covered cause within the warranty period even if other products or portions of a system could not be repaired or replaced by Chauvet.
D. Costs of removal, shipping to Chauvet or its authorized representative and reinstallation are solely the responsibility of the purchaser. If Chauvet determines that the product is covered by this limited warranty, Chauvet will pay for the cost of shipping the repaired or replacement product or part to the purchaser at a location within the 48 contiguous United States through a method and timeline of its choosing. Costs of shipping repaired or replacement products or parts to any locations outside of the 48 contiguous United States is the sole responsibility of the purchaser. If Chauvet determines that the product is not covered by this limited warranty, the purchaser will have the option to pay for the repair (if the product can be repaired) and the purchaser shall be responsible for the cost of shipping the repaired product to the purchaser. Chauvet reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to decline any repair.
E. IN NO EVENT SHALL CHAUVET BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, INDIRECT OR PUNITIVE LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, LOSS OF PROFITS OR REVENUES, LOSS OF USE OF THE PRODUCT OR ANY OTHER GOODS OR ASSOCIATED EQUIPMENT, DAMAGE TO ANY ASSOCIATED EQUIPMENT, COST OF CAPITAL, COST OF SUBSTITUTE PRODUCTS, FACILITIES OR SERVICES, DOWN TIME COST, INSTALLATION OR LABOR COSTS, OR CLAIMS OF THE PURCHASER'S CUSTOMERS, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT OR NEGLIGENCE, ARISING IN CONNECTION WITH THE SALE, USE OR REPAIR OF THE PRODUCT. CHAUVET'S MAXIMUM LIABILITY SHALL NOT, IN ANY CASE, EXCEED THE PURCHASE PRICE OF THE PRODUCT THAT GIVES RISE TO THE CLAIM.
EXCEPT FOR THE LIMITED WARRANTY SET FORTH HEREIN, ALL PRODUCTS SOLD BY CHAUVET ARE SOLD "AS IS" WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORYOR OTHERWISE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ALL OF WHICH ARE EXPRESSLYAND SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMED BY CHAUVET.
To secure warranty coverage, register the product online as soon as possible at http://www.chauvetlighting.com/warranty-registration/ for products bought in the United States. Retain a copy of your dated proof of purchase, which will be required to verify warranty eligibility. Products under warranty receive priority for repairs.
This warranty does not confer any rights other than those expressly set out in this warranty and, except as otherwise set forth in this limited warranty, no credit will be issued.