"I haven't experienced customer service like this in forever. I will be coming back to Kraft for any future needs. Thanks again for a fabulous instrument and superb service. I will pass along your contact info to my friends." - Eddy, AL
"The service and product is wonderful in every respect! Very helpful and even funny sales representative (making purchasing not so painful!), impressively quick shipping, and great quality instrument (our young daughter is very much enjoying it). Thank you for everything." - Jenny, NM
Get more for your money with Kraft Music's exclusive Korg Kronos X 61-Key Music Workstation Keyboard BUNDLES!
The Kronos continues its evolution with the new Kronos X Music Workstation. With a boost to the internal memory and SSD size, the Kronos X is the ultimate workstation. Fittingly, its new name adds an "X" to indicate its expanded, and truly limitless potential.
- Nine sound engines, such as realistic piano, richly expressive electric piano, tonewheel organ, digital synthesis, and powerful analog/physical modeling
- Approximately 2GB of available PCM RAM allows more sample data to be loaded at once
- Doubled SSD capacity of 62 GB allows support for gigantic sound library expansions, such as the Kronos Sound Libraries and the KARO Sound Libraries
- User Sample Bank feature allows users to create extremely large sample libraries that take advantage of the generous PCM RAM and SSD capacity
- Numerous artist signature sounds created by top musicians are included, letting you make the sounds of classic songs your very own
- 16-part Combis allow all engines to function together in perfect harmony; Dynamic Voice Allocation keeps the polyphony high
- Use up to 16 premium-quality effects at once; individual effects rival dedicated units
- On-board sequencer offers 16 MIDI tracks + 16 audio tracks (24-bit, 48kHz recording quality)
- Open Sampling System – Instant sampling and resampling from any mode: Program, Combination or Sequencer
- Sophisticated KARMA® technology generates infinitely variable performance-driven phrases, musical effects, and backing tracks to catalyze your creativity
- Expanded Drum Track for play-along grooves and inspiration
- Set List mode: Organize the Programs, Combis, and Songs you need to perform your set in a single, easy-to-select screen – including performance notes!
- Smooth Sound Transition: this often-requested feature allows held or sustained notes to keep sounding when changing sounds or modes
- Direct support for playing drums and chords from Korg pad-equipped USB controllers, including the nanoPAD, nanoPAD2, padKONTROL; general support for all class-compliant USB controllers, including the Korg nano series and microKEY series
- Support for the Kronos Editor and Plug-in Editor software
- USB Ethernet adapter compatibility enables high-speed data communication between the Kronos X and your computer
- Available with 61, 73 or 88 keys (73 and 88 key models feature Korg's finest RH3 Graded Hammer Action)
- Comprehensive interface, based around a large 8" TFT TouchView™ display
One For All
The Kronos X Music Workstation is the ultimate instrument for live performing musicians, for artists creating in a studio or computer-based production environment, and for musicians and sound designers seeking the ultimate synthesizer.
LIVE – for the performing keyboard player
Kronos X provides the absolute finest in keyboard sounds; accurate and responsive to the player's technique. The expansive control surface offers joysticks, sliders, knobs, switches, a ribbon controller, assignable pedal inputs, and of course Korg's high-resolution color TouchView™ display. Performance-oriented additions include the easy-to-use Set List mode for song-specific and gig-ready sound selection, and Smooth Sound Transition feature. Plus, Korg has included its finest RH3 keybed on both the 73 and 88 key models for a solid performance; the 61 key enjoys the responsive action shared with the Korg M3-61.
PRODUCTION – satisfying the producer, music director, and musician
For many, the studio is where the work gets done; from laying down tracks, to building up grooves for an on-stage extravaganza, to delivering the soundtrack for today's media rich world. For these creative leaders, Korg has equipped the Kronos X Music Workstation's sequencer with 16-track MIDI tracks plus 16 audio tracks, their Open Sampling System, dazzling hi-fidelity effects, as well as flawless plug-in integration with many popular DAW platforms. Of course, Kronos X is equipped with phenomenal sound, dynamic drums, and an impressive array of premium sound effects. Add to that the ability to use KARMA, the Drum Track, and the sequencer's RPPR to greatly speed up and enrich the music creation process.
SYNTHESIS – simple, intuitive programming for the enthusiast and sound designer
In addition to being Korg's premier workstation, Kronos X has it in its blood to satisfy the programmer, sound designer, and synthesizer enthusiast; the musician who dreams of turning visions of the cosmos into sound, of tweaking parameters to conjure invisible sounds from the ether. Kronos X rekindles KORG's founding dream that is at the core of synthesis: the exhilaration and enjoyment of creating new sounds, sounds never before heard! A variety of exclusive Korg technologies drive the synth engines to provide astounding results – CMT (Component Modeling Technology); Physical Modeling, Digital Synthesis, Wave Sequencing, MDS (Multi-Dimensional Synthesis); KARMA® and more!
Nine Synthesizer Engines, United in One Instrument
Kronos X contains nine distinct synthesizer/sound engines. While each is worthy of a separate product in its own right, Kronos X brings them all together into a single, integrated musical instrument. Dynamic voice allocation and innovative technologies allow all sound engines to smoothly share a stable, enhanced hardware platform. The results are nothing less than spectacular.
- SGX-1 Premium Piano - Piano sound engine
- EP-1 MDS Electric Piano - Electric piano sound engine
- CX-3 Tonewheel Organ - Tonewheel organ sound engine
- HD-1 High Definition Synthesizer - Flagship PCM, sampling and Wave Sequencing sound engine
- AL-1 Analog Synthesizer - High-fidelity analog modeling sound engine
- MS-20EX Legacy Analog Collection - Analog modeling sound engine
- PolysixEX Legacy Analog Collection - Analog modeling sound engine
- MOD-7 Waveshaping VPM Synthesizer - VPM/Waveshaping/PCM processing sound engine
- STR-1 Plucked String Synthesizer - Physical modeling sound engine
KORG's Rock-Solid Workstation Integration Puts it all Together
Packed with unlimited sound potential, Kronos X is much more than a synthesizer. Kronos X comes complete with all of the extras required of a modern workstation, plus so much more. From music production to live performance, the Kronos X Music Workstation integrates a world-class list of tools into a single, reliable instrument. Under the hood, all nine engines share the same hardware, with no separate cards to manage or polyphony barriers between them—and no "CPU overs" to worry about. Kronos X dynamically allocates power between the engines as you play, automatically and in real time, providing an integrated experience no PC can match. In addition, Kronos X smoothly functions as a plug-in with many popular DAWs, providing your studio with native, unprecedented sonic power.
Versatile Array of Audio Inputs and Outputs
The Kronos X provides a total of six channels of audio input: 2 analog channels, 2 digital channels (S/P DIF optical, 48 kHz/24-bit), and 2 USB channels. As audio outputs, you have the 2 main channels (L/MONO, R) as well as four independent audio outputs, 2 digital channels (S/P DIF optical, 48 kHz/24-bit), and 2 USB channels (note: the 2 digital channels and 2 USB channels output the same signal as the main L/R output). All analog inputs and outputs support TRS balanced connections. The analog inputs provide a MIC/LINE select switch and an independent level control for each channel, offering the flexibility to meet any situation. In addition to the type-B USB connector used for communicating with your computer, there are two type-A USB 2.0 ports for use with external storage media such as flash memory, hard drives, or CD-R/RW and DVD drives. The output of the Kronos X can be resampled to a USB storage device such as a hard drive, or connected to USB CD-R/RW drive to create audio CDs.