Akai Professional Force Production/Performance System
18 MONTH SPECIAL FINANCING*
Applying for Financing is Quick and Easy!
- Apply: There are two easy ways to apply for financing. A credit application can be completed over the phone in a matter of minutes with a Kraft Music team member. Applications can also be completed online.
- Purchase: All financing orders are completed over the phone. Once you're approved, give us a call at 800-783-3368 to place your order! Or you can contact us and set up a time that works best for you!
Terms and Conditions
No interest if paid in full within 18 months*
On select brands purchased with your Synchrony credit card. Interest will be charged to your account from the purchase date if the promotional purchase is not paid in full within 18 Months. Minimum monthly payments required. No minimum purchase price unless stated.
*Qualifying purchase amount must be on one receipt. No interest will be charged on the promo purchase if you pay it off, in full, within the promo period. If you do not, interest will be charged on the promo purchase from the purchase date. The required minimum monthly payments may or may not pay off the promo purchase by the end of the promo period. Regular account terms apply to non-promo purchases and, after promo period ends, to the remaining promo balance. For new accounts: Purchase APR is 29.99%. Minimum interest charge is $2. Existing cardholders: See your credit card agreement terms. Subject to credit approval.
Credit is extended by Synchrony Bank.
Akai Professional Force is the ultimate in standalone, end-to-end production workflows, complete with every tool you need to produce, remix, mashup and perform your tracks live. Fusing clip launching, a linear arranger, MIDI Multi capability, step sequencing, sampling, synth engines, a tactile touch screen control and much more, all in a singular standalone device, Force is primed for any setting from the studio to the stage – no computer needed.
- Standalone – no computer required
- 8×8 clip launch matrix with RGB LEDs
- 7" full-color capacitive multitouch display
- Mic/instrument/line inputs, 4 outputs
- MIDI in/out/thru
- 4 configurable CV/gate outputs
- Disk streaming
- Remix, mashup, DJ and produce with 6 track types and a linear song arranger for complete audio/MIDI/CV sequencing and performance capability
- Performance modes including 16-Pad Drums, Notes, Smart Scales, Chords & Progressions
- Class-compliant USB interface support
- MPC-style sample editing
- Automatic BPM detection, realtime time-stretching and pitch-shifting
- 8 touch-sensitive knobs with graphical OLED displays
- 7 powerful, fully-editable synth engines plus DrumSynth
- 16GB of onboard storage with over 10GB of sound content included
- Full-size SD card slot
- 2 USB 3.0 connectors for thumb drives or MIDI controllers
- User-expandable 2.5" SATA drive connector
This is the heart of your Force experience: launch clips, browse your sounds, edit MIDI data, manipulate samples, arrange your composition, apply effects, sculpt synth sounds and much more, all from Force's 7" full color capacitive multi-touch display.
Tactile performance tools
Find your creative flow with Force's arsenal of tactile controls. Trigger scenes/clips, step sequence, finger drum and play note data with an expandable 8×8 clip launch matrix. Discover new ways to supercharge your performance via 360° rotary encoders with OLED feedback for immediate realtime access to all core controls or any assignable parameter. Fast-track your workflow with Force's collection of smart controls for navigation, playback/recording control, note expression, crossfading and much more.
Connectivity and storage
Load your samples from a USB thumb drive or SD card, or expand Force's storage with the SATA drive bay. Capture audio with two XLR / 1/4" combo inputs with phantom power, switchable to line/instrument level. Route your audio to two stereo 1/4" outputs, selectable per track within Force's UI. Use the headphone out as a cue bus to audition clips/scenes. Take control of your modular gear with four independent CV/gate outputs and unite your peripheral MIDI equipment courtesy of MIDI in/out/thru ports and USB via Force's unprecedented MIDI Multi capability. Connectivity and storage restrictions are things of the past!
Force features update 3.1
Take your workflow to the next level with standalone power, start to finish.
- Disk streaming for longer recording and playback with improved system performance
- Mellotron, Solina and Odyssey plug-in instruments
- Stutter, Half Speed, Diffuser Delay, Limiter, Stereo Delay and Granulator insert effects
- AIR Vocal Suite featuring Vocal Tuner, Doubler and Harmonizer
- Class-compliant USB audio interface support
- 10 insert effects assignable to Force pads
- MIDI file compatibility: load MIDI files into Force
- Akai Sample Tail and more
From sparking that initial idea to arranging and final mixdown, everything your production demands is here. Record, program and sequence with multiple track types including plug-in tracks with MPC-style drum tracks, audio tracks, keygroup tracks, MIDI tracks and CV tracks. Sketch out song sections in performance mode, then arrange them using Force's linear arranger. Add the final polish to your track using dozens of processors and effects from the AIR FX suite, all controllable via smart assignments on the rotary encoders or the displays on the touch user interface.
For the DJ, Force immediately connects to your live rig either as a feature-rich 'sidecar' or as a solo centerpiece. Remix and mashup tracks on Force's 8×8 clip matrix. Import multiple stems, then time-stretch and pitch-shift your content all in real time. Assign tracks to Force's crossfader and load full tracks, stems or loops to Force's 8×8 matrix. Add an extra dimension to your performance with tactile effects. Connect Force to your wireless network and sync your project with any Ableton Link compatible application or hardware device. The creative possibilities are only as limited as your imagination! Adding an extra dimension to your DJ performance has never been simpler.
Force is your instrument, the heart of your performance and the perfect platform to reimagine your productions live. Combine an intuitive clip-centric workflow, multiple payback modes and track types to sculpt clips with realtime step sequencing, drum pad performances and note data.
Meet the synth engines
Hard-coded into the Force architecture are seven premium synth engines, each with full editing capability for immersive sound-sculpting potential. Sequence via a traditional piano roll, apply the onboard arpeggiator or switch over to Notes mode for instant access to intelligent chord, progression and scale options.
- Mellotron – AIR Mellotron Instrument, a recreation of the tape-sample keyboard, is designed for fresh, creative music production with a wide array of parameters, settings and controls to craft an expansive range of keyboard instrument sounds.
- Solina – The AIR Solina plug-in is based on the classic 6-timbre polyphonic keyboard instrument featuring contrabass, cello, viola, violin, trumpet and horn selections with independent volume, pan and pitch control. Combine them and use the Flavor section for a massive sonic experience!
- Odyssey – WayOutWare's faithful recreation of the legendary synth with incredible circuit modeling, signal processing and sound character. Get over 150 presets including synth leads, ambient pads, drum percussion and more. Utilize the control layout to tweak and automate parameters for unique sound design.
- Hype – Cover everything from hard-hitting plucks to sultry melodic leads with this preset- and macro-based synth combining multiple synth engines (wavetable, FM, subtractive, sampling) and a giant preset library into a single easy-to-use package.
- Tubesynth – Emulate the sound of classic vintage analog polysynths with an advanced analog modeling algorithm, packaged with five integrated AIR effects.
- Bassline – Access the sounds of a classic monosynth with variable oscillator waveshapes, sub/fifth oscillators, low pass and high pass filter options and four integrated AIR effects.
- Electric – The ultimate in classic e-piano emulation with pickup, envelope, bell and noise parameter sections, five AIR effects and dozens of presets to get you started.
Force includes a groundbreaking selection of 8 drum-focused synth engines powering 9 incredible DrumSynth plug-ins. Packed with must-have contemporary sounds and backed by powerful sound generators driven by FM synthesis, analog and physical modeling and sample-based algorithms, every synthesized drum sound the modern producer should have at their disposal is here. DrumSynth empowers Force users with powerful synthesis, incredible presets and precise sound design sculpting capabilities to develop their own unique sounds.
Insert effects: plug-in power to master any mix
From remix to mix and master, the massive collection of insert effects by AIR Music Tech delivers over 90 world-class plugins to Force for mixing and mastering, climactic beat drops and song transitions. These insert effects will take your Force projects from concept to completion every time.
The powerful standalone Force workflow is even more efficient with disk streaming functionality. Record and playback longer audio tracks, perform an entire DJ set or create larger keygroup programs, all while enjoying faster project load times. Stream from external hard disks, USB flash, SD cards and more into your Force for quick project loading and efficient resource management. Disk streaming eliminates lengthy project load times, keeping the music and your creativity flowing. Disk Ssreaming enables better system resource allocation and performance for expanded creativity.
Resample your clips or capture audio from Force's collection of inputs and discover the endless creative possibilities of looping. Backed by an intuitive touch user interface and full audio routing capability, Force's looper is perfect for studio-centric inspiration or adding something truly original to your performance.
Out of the box, Force comes preloaded with 10GB+ of must-have sounds from industry leading sample content providers, including SampleTools by CR2, MSX Audio and Sample Magic. With 248 kits, 16 demo projects, 2,500+ loops and 500+ patterns, Force's core library provides immediate access to the most sought-after sounds to inspire your creativity from the get-go.
Simplify your sample browsing and auditioning with onboard Splice integration in Force. Splice Sounds fuels the creativity of producers around the world with millions of high-quality, royalty-free samples, sounds, presets and loops covering nearly every musical style. With Splice natively embedded in Force, experience immediate wi-fi access to your own Splice library directly from the touch screen user interface.
Ableton Live integration
Force comes pre-mapped to Ableton Live with clip launching, control of the mixer and control of Ableton macros, all over a wi-fi network via Ableton Link or over an ethernet cable between Force and your computer. Enjoy the seamless flexibility to instantly switch Force between standalone operation and Live Control mode without ever stopping playback from either ecosystem. For the ultimate standalone experience, bring your Ableton projects into Force for a workflow completely free of computer tethering using the Ableton Live project import function.
|Included from Manufacturer||Power supply
3 × 1/8" to 5-pin MIDI adapters
|Programs/Presets||Mellotron, Solina, Odyssey, Hype, Tubesynth, Bassline, Electric and Drumsynth built-in synth engines
10GB of sample content from CR2, MSX Audio and Sample Magic
|Effects||AIR FX suite of plug-in effects|
|Sequencer||Step sequencer with multiple interaction modes including Drum Mode, Melodic Mode, Lanes Mode, Mono Steps Mode and Poly Notes Mode|
|Sampling||Onboard sampling via audio inputs
Sample import via SD card or USB storage
MPC-style sample editing
|Internal Storage Capacity||16GB|
|MIDI||In, Out, Thru, USB|
|USB Port (to Host)||MIDI, File Transfer, Editor/Librarian/Patch Manager|
|USB Flash Drive Port (to Device)||Sample Import|
|Audio Inputs||2 × balanced XLR / 1/4" audio inputs|
|Audio Outputs||Dual balanced 1/4" stereo master output
2 × balanced 1/4" assignable outputs
1/4" stereo headphone output
|Control Connections||4 × assignable 1/8" CV/gate outputs|
|Onboard Controllers||64 velocity- and pressure-sensitive RGB backlit pads|
|Expansion||Internal 2.5" SATA drive connector for SSD/HDD storage expansion|
|Product Weight||8.53 lb|
Akai Professional Limited Warranty
inMusic Brands, Inc. warrants to the original purchaser that Akai Professional products are free from defects in material and workmanship under normal use and service for the period commencing upon the date of purchase from an authorized Akai Pro dealer and continuing for the following period of time after that date for (1) Year.
This Limited Warranty is conditioned upon proper use of the product by the purchaser. This Limited Warranty does not cover: (a) defects or damage resulting from accident, misuse, abuse, neglect, unusual physical or electrical stress, modification of any part of the product, or cosmetic damage; (b) equipment that has the serial number removed or made illegible; (c) all plastic surfaces and other externally exposed parts that are scratched or damaged due to normal use; (d) defects or damage from improper testing, operation, maintenance, installation, adjustment, or service of the products.
During the applicable warranty period, Akai Pro will repair or replace, at Akai Pro's sole discretion, without charge to the purchaser, any defective component part of the product. Akai Pro may, at Akai Pro's sole discretion, use rebuilt, reconditioned, or new parts or components when repairing any product or replace a product with a rebuilt, reconditioned, new or comparable product.
- Ground shipping is FREE for all orders $99 and up.
- Our central, midwest location ensures fast delivery times.
- See below for transit day estimates. Please note, these are estimates and are not guaranteed.
Generally, package estimated transit days are as follows:
- Upper Midwest: 1-3 days
- Central US, South East US, and East Coast: 2-4 days
- West Central US: 3-5 days
- West Coast: 4-6 days
- Alaska & Hawaii: 7+ days