Arturia MicroFreak Vocoder Edition
Arturial MicroFreak Vocoder Edition is a limited edition bundle that takes the uniquely unpredictable MicroFreak and adds a 16-band vocoder mode, a detachable gooseneck mic and a sleek new look. You'll love its 14 digital oscillator modes, velvety analog filters and heaps of modulation/randomization controls, supercharged with wild vocoding abilities.
- Synthesizer with 256 preset slots and 224 factory presets
- 14 variable digital oscillator modes, including Mutable Instruments Plaits engines and new vocoder mode
- Gooseneck electret microphone
- Analog state variable 12dB/octave resonant filter with low pass, band pass and high pass modes
- Sync-able LFO with sine, triangle, saw, square, random and slew random
- Two envelopes: ADSR envelope and cycling envelope capable of acting as complex LFO
- Modulation matrix with 5 sources and 7 destinations, including 3 custom destinations
- Monophonic mode or paraphonic mode with up to 4 voices
- Chord mode lets you program a chord shape and play it on any note
- Scale quantize lets you set a specific scale for the white notes for easy performance
- 25-key capacitive keybed with polyphonic aftertouch
- Multifunction capacitive touch strip
- Crisp OLED display for editing and parameter values
- Powerful multi-mode arpeggiator with up, note order, random and pattern modes
- 64-step sequencer with 2 patterns and 4 automation tracks per preset
- Spice & Dice gate randomizers for arpeggiator and sequencer
- CV, gate and pressure/velocity outputs with 1V/octave, 1.2V/octave and hertz per volt scaling options for pitch
- Analog clock input and output
- USB 1/8" MIDI in/out (5-pin adapter included)
Arturia developed an entirely new 16-band vocoder mode to transform your voice in the freakiest way possible. The vocoder engine features 3 waveforms – sawtooth, pulse width and noise – and MicroFreak's Timbre and Shape knobs adjust the response of the 16 frequency bands. MicroFreak Vocoder Edition goes beyond robot vocals: connect an external sound source like a drum machine or synth via the headphone socket for glitchy sound processing.
Step up to the mic
A simple, removable microphone attachment lets you sprinkle your voice into the mix. A gooseneck design means quick position adjustment, with easy connection straight into the headphone socket alongside your cans. MicroFreak's utility menu lets you set your preferred mic gain and noise gate settings.
A new dress code
MicroFreak has always been out to make a statement, and the Vocoder Edition is no exception: the control panel has been given a makeover, the center strip boasts a bold new 'swan' graphic and a sleek white finish helps this limited edition 'Freak stand out from the crowd.
Behind the revamped appearance and microphone attachment is the same lovable maniac that set the synth world spinning. Sparkling digital and wavetable oscillators collide with warm analog filters. A unique poly-aftertouch PCB keyboard combines with a distinctly freaky arpeggiator and sequencer. Sculpt your sounds with the mod matrix and punch up your performances with the unique Spice and Dice randomizers.
|Included from Manufacturer||Gooseneck microphone with integrated headphone connector
1/8" to 5-pin MIDI adapter
|Number of Keys||25|
|Key Action||Flat touch plate pressure-sensitive keyboard with polyphonic aftertouch|
|Programs/Presets||256 preset storage locations
224 factory presets
|Voices of Polyphony||Monophonic or paraphonic with up to 4 voices|
|Oscillators per Voice||Varies by Sound Engine|
|Sequencer||Step sequencer with 4 automation lanes
Spice and Dice randomization functions
|MIDI||In, Out, USB|
|USB Port (to Host)||MIDI, System Updates|
|Audio Outputs||1/4" main mono output / headphone output|
|Control Connections||1/8" pitch CV output
1/8" gate output
1/8" pressure CV output
1/8" clock input and output
|Onboard Controllers||Modulation touch strip|
|Product Weight||2.5 lb|
|Unique Features||5×7 modulation matrix with three user-assignable destinations
Arturia Hardware Warranty
Arturia hardware warranty is one year parts & labor, except for issues caused by the customer, such as mechanical/electrical damage, that are non-warranty.
All warranty repairs/exchanges are handled through the new Arturia Service Center in Bellingham, WA.
For warranty service, an RA# must first be obtained from Arturia.
Arturia will pay for return shipping of the repaired/exchanged product to the store/customer.
Arturia Service may charge a fee (restocking or return to dealer fee) for products that are received with 'no problem found' (returned to Arturia without being tested prior).