Darkglass Alpha Omega 500 Bass Amp Head
12 MONTH SPECIAL FINANCING*
Applying for Financing is Quick and Easy!
- Apply: There are two easy ways to apply for financing. A credit application can be completed over the phone in a matter of minutes with a Kraft Music team member. Applications can also be completed online.
- Purchase: All financing orders are completed over the phone. Once you're approved, give us a call at 800-783-3368 to place your order! Or you can contact us and set up a time that works best for you!
Terms and Conditions
No interest if paid in full within 12 months*
On purchases of $299 or more made with your Synchrony credit card. All Yamaha products require a $499 minimum purchase amount. Interest will be charged to your account from the purchase date if the promotional purchase is not paid in full within 12 Months. Minimum monthly payments required.
*Qualifying purchase amount must be on one receipt. No interest will be charged on the promo purchase if you pay it off, in full, within the promo period. If you do not, interest will be charged on the promo purchase from the purchase date. The required minimum monthly payments may or may not pay off the promo purchase by the end of the promo period. Regular account terms apply to non-promo purchases and, after promo period ends, to the remaining promo balance. For new accounts: Purchase APR is 29.99%. Minimum interest charge is $2. Existing cardholders: See your credit card agreement terms. Subject to credit approval.
Credit is extended by Synchrony Bank.
- FREE CAD WIRELESS SYSTEM!Receive a CAD WXGTS instrument wireless system with purchase.
- SPECIAL BONUS ITEM!FREE Music Is Essential shirt with purchase.
Darkglass Alpha Omega 500 is a 500W amplifier equipped with an all-analog preamplifier, two distinct distortion circuits (Alpha and Omega), a custom-designed Darkglass high-efficiency class D Module, an ultra-quiet graphic equalizer and a digital impulse-response cabinet emulator for DI outputs or headphones.
- 500w amplifier with the signature Darkglass distortion engines
- Cab sim with 3 selectable impulse responses
- Studio-grade 6-band graphic EQ and intelligent compressor
- Expanded connectivity with aux in, headphone output and DI output
- USB connector to load user impulse responses
Alpha Omega 500 takes elements of the most successful Darkglass distortion preamplifier ever and combines them with state-of-the-art features to make a powerful 500-watt amplifier. While the signature Alpha and Omega drive engines add incredible girth and size to the overdriven signal, the studio-grade VCA compressor adds an extra layer of control and the ultra-quiet 6-band graphic equalizer can help sculpt the tone from aggressive and overdriven to crystal clear clean, whatever your needs may be.
A custom-designed Darkglass high-efficiency class D power amplifier module is the heart of this 500 watt amplifier. It enables the usage of speaker cabs with impedance as low as 20, adding a new level of flexibility for your cabinet options. The cabinet simulation utilizes an improved version of the Darkglass Cab Sim module. The module has three slots for hi-res impulse responses, which are active for both the headphone output and the balanced XLR DI output.
- Input 1/4" input: Use this jack to connect your instrument via a standard 1/4" mono cable.
- Passive/Active switch: Use this push-button switch to change from passive to active mode. If your bass is active it can have a hotter signal, making the amp distort early (feel free to use if such additional distortion is desired).
- Distortion switch: Use this push button to the Alpha Omega Engine on or off to add natural compression, organic harmonic enhancement and saturation ranging from mild overdrive to high gain bass rage. The Alpha Omega Engine operates before the clean section, so you can use the 6-band active EQ for additional tone shaping.
- Bite switch: Boosts high mids (2.8kHz) for additional presence and definition.
- Growl switch: Shelving bass boost for a fatter tone and increased low end saturation.
- Comp knob: This controls the amount of dynamic compression added to the Alpha Omega Engine. The make up gain is adjusted automatically. The compression can be turned off or assigned using Darkglass Suite.
- Drive knob: This controls the amount of distortion that the Alpha Omega Engine will deliver. It will change from a soft, warm overdrive to a massive and modern distortion sound.
- Level knob: Use this to control Alpha Omega Engine's output volume.
- Blend knob: Use this to mix between the clean signal and the distortion signal (Alpha Omega Engine).
- Mod knob: Selects or mixes between the two distinct distortion circuits: Alpha is punchy, tight with a lot of definition, whereas Omega is simply brutal and raw.
- Bass EQ slider: +-12dB at 80Hz. Use this to change the low-end content of the signal.
- Mids EQ sliders: +-12dB at 250, 500, 1.5K and 3Khz. This graphic EQ controls the mid content of the signal.
- Treble EQ slider: +-12dB at 5kHz. Use this to change the high content of the signal.
- Master knob: Use this to control the overall volume of the amplifier.
- Mute switch: Use this push button to mute the amplifier.
- Speaker Output Speakon combo jack: Use this connector to connect the amplifier to your cabinet. This Speakon combo jack allows for either Speakon or 1/4" speaker cable operation.
- Send 1/4" output: Use this to send the signal to effects pedals.
- Return 1/4" input: Use this to receive the signal from effects pedals. Master volume control is after this input.
- Ground Lift switch: Use this to lift the ground of the DI XLR output. If you are experiencing ground noise in your DI signal, try changing the setting of this control.
- DI Output XLR output: Use this to send your signal to the console, mic preamp, interface, etc. Both signals are available (bypass and the amp signal with cabinet simulation) and are switched from the cab select switch.
- USB port: The USB connector allows you to use Darkglass Suite to load different cabinet impulses or change different parameters on your amp.
- Headphones 1/4" output: Connect your headphones and enjoy the impulse based cabinet emulation.
- Aux In 1/8" input: Use this connector to provide to the headphone output music from your laptop, cellphone, MP3 player, etc.
- Cab Select switch: Use this to navigate the 3 different cabinet impulses or the clean DI signal.
- Footswitch 1/4" input: Darkglass Intelligent Footswitch (sold separately) is a proprietary, digitally-controlled device that allows you to remotely engage and disengage the Alpha Omega Engine. You can also hold the footswitch to mute the amplifier. The distortion push button will remain operational with Intelligent Footswitch plugged in.
- AC IEC connector: Use this to feed electric power to the amplifier. 100 - 230 VAC, 50Hz-60.
- Power on/off switch: Use this to release the audio energy from your bass.
|Included from Manufacturer||Power cord|
|Amp Models||3 slots for impulse response cabinet simulations
Impulse responses can be loaded and managed with free Darkglass Suite software
6-band graphic EQ
Impulse response cabinet simulation
|Audio Inputs||1/4" main input
1/8" stereo auxiliary input
|Audio Outputs||Speakon / 1/4" combo jack main output
Balanced XLR DI output
1/4" headphone output
1/4" effects loop send output
|EQ||6-band graphic EQ|
|Footswitch||1/4" input for Darkglass Intelligent Footswitch (sold separately)|
|Product Weight||5.29 lb|
|Unique Features||Download free Darkglass Suite software to configure the amp, load new impulse responses and install firmware updates|
Darkglass Electronics Amplifier Warranty
Darkglass Electronics amplifier products are under warranty to the original owner for a period of three years against manufacturing defects in the country where the product was originally purchased.
If you experience a problem with the unit, please contact Darkglass Electronics to receive a return authorization number or for information on the nearest authorized repair center. A copy of your original receipt must be included with all warranty repairs. You are responsible for all shipping charges. The unit must be shipped to Darkglass Electronics freight prepaid. Darkglass Electronics will return the unit freight collect.
Darkglass Electronics OY is not responsible for shipping damage either to or from its service center. Claims must be filed with the carrier. For repairs, please contact your local dealer or distributor for your country's specific warranty period and repair procedures.
SHIPPING DELAYS ARE A WORLD WIDE EXPERIENCE
You may have seen the images of ships stacking up on the west coast, waiting for their turn to port. This combined with the increased demand for domestic shipping of products from all industries across our nation has resulted in a rapidly fluctuating climate for receiving and shipping products. While we do our best to offer accurate shipping estimates, please remember that complications can arise which may be beyond our control. Know that Kraft Music is here to assist in any way that we can.
- Ground shipping is FREE for all orders $99 and up.
- Our central, midwest location ensures fast delivery times.
- See below for transit day estimates. Please note, these are estimates and are not guaranteed.
Though forcasting shipping times has become increasingly difficult, general FedEx package estimated transit days are as follows:
- Upper Midwest: 1-3 days
- Central US, South East US, and East Coast: 2-4 days
- West Central US: 3-5 days
- West Coast: 4-6 days
- Alaska & Hawaii: 7+ days
Please click here to see your Prop 65 statement.