Darkglass Alpha Omega Ultra v2 (Aux-In) Bass Preamp Pedal
Darkglass Alpha·Omega Ultra V2 (Aux-In) is a versatile bass preamplifier pedal with two distinct distortion circuits (Alpha and Omega), extremely high dynamic range, six-band active graphic EQ, dedicated headphone output and balanced direct output with switchable digital impulse-response cabinet emulation. This model also features a 1/8" stereo input for you to practice with backing tracks from your smartphone or laptop.
- Blend knob: Mixes the clean and processed signals. The clean signal remains at unity gain while the volume of the overdriven signal is set by the Level knob, allowing for fine mix tuning.
- Level knob: Sets the volume of the overdriven signal.
- Drive knob: Sets the amount of gain in the overdriven signal.
- Bite switch: Boosts High Mids (2.8kHz) for additional presence and definition.
- Growl switch: Shelving Bass Boost for a fatter tone and increased low end saturation.
- Mod knob: Selects or mixes between the two distinct distortion circuits: Alpha is punchy, tight with a lot of definition, whereas Omega is simply brutal and raw. On the Darkglass Suite you can assign footswitch control over Mod to toggle between Alpha and Omega.
- Master volume slider: Whereas the Level knob controls the output of the overdrive section, the Master volume slider adjusts the overall volume of the unit, ideal for fine tuning the output on clean mode. It also serves as a DI and headphone volume control. Please note that volume is not affected by this control when the pedal is on bypass.
- Bass EQ slider: Low shelf +-12dB @ 80 Hz
- Mid bands EQ sliders: +-10dB @ 250 Hz, 500 Hz, 1.5 kHz, 3 kHz
- Treble EQ slider: High shelf +-12dB @ 5 kHz
- Ground Lift switch: Disconnects the signal ground on the Direct Output to break any ground loops. Set this switch to either position that has less noise. The switch does not affect the 1/4" output.
- Cab Sim switch: Toggles the cabinet simulation on/off on the Direct Output. This switch completely bypasses all digital circuits and allows you to get a zero latency signal when needed.
- Headphones 1/8" stereo output: Alpha·Omega Ultra has an internal stereo headphone amplifier capable of driving a minimum load of 16 ohms from this 1/8" stereo jack. Use the Master volume control to adjust the level.
- USB port: A Micro USB B connector allows you to connect the pedal to Mac/PC to load cabinet simulation impulse responses to the pedal and control various other settings.
- Aux In 1/8" stereo input: This input allows you to practice with backing tracks from your smartphone or laptop. Auxiliary input can only be used with the headphone output. The pedal does not control the level; it must be set from your audio source.
Impulse response cabinet simulation
|Audio Inputs||1/4" main input
1/8" stereo auxiliary input
|Audio Outputs||1/4" main output
Balanced XLR direct output
1/8" stereo headphone output
|Pedal Switches||Distortion switch
|On-Board Expression Pedal||No|
|USB Functionality||File Transfer/Storage, Editor/Librarian|
|Power Adaptor||Regulated 9V DC adapter, center-negative (sold separately)|
|Product Weight||0.94 lb|
|Unique Features||Download free Darkglass Suite software to configure the pedal, load new impulse responses and install firmware updates|
Darkglass Electronics Effects Pedal Warranty
Darkglass offers a two-year limited warranty on its pedals. Please use the serial number to register your product at the Darkglass Electronics website for details.
Please click here to see your Prop 65 statement.