Dave Smith Instruments DSM02 Character Module
Free Dave Smith Instruments Stickers with Purchase
Dave Smith Instruments DSM02 Character Module is a sound designer's tool kit of five unique digital effects for shaping, twisting and mangling sound in subtle and not-so-subtle ways. These effects — Girth, Air, Decimate, Hack and Drive — form the Character section of DSI's acclaimed Prophet 12 and Pro 2 synthesizers and contribute to their distinctive tone in a big way.
Plug it and play it
DSM02 is a 14hp eurorack format module with interconnections made using 3.5mm phone jacks. Two independent audio inputs and two independent audio outputs with shared control allow mono or stereo operation. A 24-bit, 96 kHz resolution digital signal path provides uncompromising signal fidelity.
Inject some mojo into your system
If you're looking to take your modular system into new sonic territory, DSM02 may be just the ticket. It's a fast and affordable way to inject your system with some serious mojo from two of the world's most in-demand synths.
- Module controls
- Girth: provides low-frequency harmonic enhancement for adding weight and density
- Air: provides high-frequency harmonic enhancement for adding definition and presence
- Decimate: performs sample rate reduction for adding lo-fi grunge
- Drive: adds overdrive and saturation, with warmth at one end of the knob and harmonic overload at the other
- Patch points
- Girth CV in: range 0 to 10V
- Air CV in: range 0 to 10V
- Decimate CV in: range 0 to 10V
- Hack CV in: range 0 to 10V
- Drive CV in: range 0 to 10V
- Audio in (×2): ±5V or 10V p-p
- Audio out (×2)
- Physical specifications
- Size: 14hp
- Module depth: 1.18" (measured from back of panel with power cable installed)
- Internal power connector (ribbon cable included)
- Power select: local 5V or system 5V (jumper included)
- Current draw at local 5V: +12V @ 150mA, -12V @ 20mA
- Current draw at system 5V: +12V @ 20mA, -12V @ 20mA, +5V @ 150mA
|Manufacturer||Dave Smith Instruments|
|Mfg. Included Accessories||Mounting screws
Power jumper for selecting local or system power
|Module Power Usage||150mA @ +12V
20mA @ -12V
|Unique Features||24-bit, 96 kHz resolution digital signal path|
Dave Smith Instruments Limited Warranty
Dave Smith Instruments warrants that its products will be free from defects in materials and/or workmanship for one (1) year from the date of purchase.
Please register your product online at at the Dave Smith Instruments website to establish the date of purchase. This is not a requirement for warranty service, but it will help expedite the warranty service process.
Please contact a Dave Smith Instruments support representative to determine the best course of action for getting your product repaired. For your own protection, please do not return any product to Dave Smith Instruments without a return authorization (RA) number.
If you need to return your instrument for repair, you are responsible for getting it to Dave Smith Instruments. It is highly recommended that you insure your shipment and pack it in the original packaging. Damage resulting from shipping a product with insufficient packaging is not covered by this warranty.
When you place an order with Kraft Music, a confirmation will be sent to you via email, with details of your order, including method of shipping. Once your order leaves our facility, you will receive a shipping confirmation via email, with carrier name and tracking number. Many of the products we sell are shipped in the manufacturer box. These boxes will often have images, model numbers, and other text that indicate the contents inside. If your purchase is a gift, please make proper shipping arrangements or contact us about possible packaging options.
Kraft Music is able to ship to the continental US, HI, AK and PR.