Deering Goodtime Left-Handed Openback 5-String Banjo
12 MONTH SPECIAL FINANCING*
Applying for Financing is Quick and Easy!
- Apply: There are two easy ways to apply for financing. A credit application can be completed over the phone in a matter of minutes with a Kraft Music team member. Applications can also be completed online.
- Purchase: All financing orders are completed over the phone. Once you're approved, give us a call at 800-783-3368 to place your order! Or you can contact us and set up a time that works best for you!
Terms and Conditions
No interest if paid in full within 12 months*
On purchases of $299 or more made with your Synchrony credit card. All Yamaha products require a $499 minimum purchase amount. Interest will be charged to your account from the purchase date if the promotional purchase is not paid in full within 12 Months. Minimum monthly payments required.
*Qualifying purchase amount must be on one receipt. No interest will be charged on the promo purchase if you pay it off, in full, within the promo period. If you do not, interest will be charged on the promo purchase from the purchase date. The required minimum monthly payments may or may not pay off the promo purchase by the end of the promo period. Regular account terms apply to non-promo purchases and, after promo period ends, to the remaining promo balance. For new accounts: Purchase APR is 29.99%. Minimum interest charge is $2. Existing cardholders: See your credit card agreement terms. Subject to credit approval.
Credit is extended by Synchrony Bank.
- BONUS ITEMFree Korg Metronome with purchase. While supplies last.
- FIVE FREE ISSUES OF PREMIER GUITAR MAGAZINE!Redemption link will be emailed after purchase.
Durably made in America and easy to maintain, the Deering Goodtime Left-Handed banjo produces a vibrant ringing tone from its natural finished violin-grade maple rim. At only 4 pounds it's an ideal banjo for both children and adults, easy to play and to travel with conveniently.
- Left-handed model
- Blonde slender rock maple neck
- 11" 3-ply violin-grade maple rim
- Sealed geared tuners and geared 5th string tuner
- Pressed-in nickel silver frets
- Steel coordinator rod
- Deering fiddle-shaped peghead with engraved Goodtime logo
- Deering patented Goodtime tailpiece
Please note: Deering instruments use a coated top banjo head. The manufacturing process can leave overspray on the edge of the head that rubs off during normal use. This overspray can also be removed with a microfiber cloth.
- Deering Goodtime 'smile' bridge: The sensitivity of the maple with the hard, dense ebony top contributes to Goodtime Banjo's clear, resonant responsiveness.
- Quiet tailpiece: Specially selected metal is used to prevent the tailpiece from 'making its own sound' and muddying up the banjo's tone. The violin maple rim is supposed to sing, not your tailpiece!
- Stability-enhancing J-hooks: Proprietary Deering J-hooks are wider at the top to prevent twisting off the tension hoop when tightening the banjo head.
- Quiet coordinator rod: The coordinator rod is made from a special alloy that is strong and does not interfere with the singing resonance of the violin maple rim.
- 3-ply violin-grade maple rim: The maple in the Goodtime rim is the exact wood used in the finest violins in the world. Only Deering puts this professional grade 3-ply maple rim in a banjo in this price range.
- Sealed geared tuners: Five high quality geared tuning machines make tuning Goodtime Banjo easy, accurate and fun. Many student banjos are cursed with poor quality tuners, leading students to blame themselves for an out-of-tune banjo when it's the tuner that is at fault.
- Rock maple neck: This fine-grained, dense, extremely hard wood creates a stable neck and imparts a bright, crisp quality to the Goodtime Banjo tone.
|Included from Manufacturer||Deering light gauge banjo strings|
|Acoustic Body Style||Banjo|
|Number of Strings||5-Strings|
|Sides||11" blonde 3-ply violin-grade maple rim
Steel tension hoop
11" frosted top high crown head
16 flat hooks with 9/32" nuts
|Number of Frets||22|
|Bridge||5/8" maple/ebony Goodtime bridge|
|Bridge Saddle Material||Wood|
|Finish||Durable satin finish
|Unique Features||11" rim diameter
Sealed geared tuners
Geared 5th string tuner
Steel coordinator rod
Deering fiddle-shaped peghead with engraved Goodtime logo
Deering patented Goodtime tailpiece
Pressed-in nickel silver frets
Deering Goodtime Warranty
All new Deering Goodtime banjos carry a six-year limited warranty when you send in the warranty card or register online at the Deering Banjos website.
The warranty covers defective materials or workmanship. The warranty does not cover normal wear and tear, the frets, finish, or accidental damage and is not transferable to subsequent owners. Incidental and consequential damages are excluded from this warranty and Deering assumes no liability other than for the actual repair of the instrument.
Register your Goodtime banjo to validate your warranty and receive your Banjo Maintenance Manual.
Customer is responsible for shipping to and from factory for all repairs, whether warranty or non-warranty. Deering reserves the right to repair or replace the product following suitable evaluation.
- Ground shipping is FREE for all orders $99 and up.
- Our central, midwest location ensures fast delivery times.
- See below for transit day estimates. Please note, these are estimates and are not guaranteed.
Generally, package estimated transit days are as follows:
- Upper Midwest: 1-3 days
- Central US, South East US, and East Coast: 2-4 days
- West Central US: 3-5 days
- West Coast: 4-6 days
- Alaska & Hawaii: 7+ days