Deering Goodtime Openback 5-String Banjo
Durably made in America and easy to maintain, the Deering Goodtime banjo produces a vibrant ringing tone from its natural finished violin-grade maple rim. At only 4 pounds it's an ideal banjo for both children and adults, easy to play and to travel with conveniently.
- Blonde slender rock maple neck
- 11" 3-ply violin-grade maple rim
- Sealed geared tuners and geared 5th string tuner
- Pressed-in nickel silver frets
- Steel coordinator rod
- Deering fiddle-shaped peghead with engraved Goodtime logo
- Deering patented Goodtime tailpiece
- Deering Goodtime 'smile' bridge: The sensitivity of the maple with the hard, dense ebony top contributes to Goodtime Banjo's clear, resonant responsiveness.
- Quiet tailpiece: Specially selected metal is used to prevent the tailpiece from 'making its own sound' and muddying up the banjo's tone. The violin maple rim is supposed to sing, not your tailpiece!
- Stability-enhancing J-hooks: Proprietary Deering J-hooks are wider at the top to prevent twisting off the tension hoop when tightening the banjo head.
- Quiet coordinator rod: The coordinator rod is made from a special alloy that is strong and does not interfere with the singing resonance of the violin maple rim.
- 3-ply violin-grade maple rim: The maple in the Goodtime rim is the exact wood used in the finest violins in the world. Only Deering puts this professional grade 3-ply maple rim in a banjo in this price range.
- Sealed geared tuners: Five high quality geared tuning machines make tuning Goodtime Banjo easy, accurate and fun. Many student banjos are cursed with poor quality tuners, leading students to blame themselves for an out-of-tune banjo when it's the tuner that is at fault.
- Rock maple neck: This fine-grained, dense, extremely hard wood creates a stable neck and imparts a bright, crisp quality to the Goodtime Banjo tone.
|Included from Manufacturer||Deering light gauge banjo strings|
|Acoustic Body Style||Banjo|
|Number of Strings||5-Strings|
|Sides||11" blonde 3-ply violin-grade maple rim
Steel tension hoop
11" frosted top high crown head
16 flat hooks with 9/32" nuts
|Number of Frets||22|
|Bridge||5/8" maple/ebony Goodtime bridge|
|Bridge Saddle Material||Wood|
|Finish||Durable satin finish
|Unique Features||11" rim diameter
Sealed geared tuners
Geared 5th string tuner
Steel coordinator rod
Deering fiddle-shaped peghead with engraved Goodtime logo
Deering patented Goodtime tailpiece
Pressed-in nickel silver frets
Deering Goodtime Warranty
All new Deering Goodtime banjos carry a six-year limited warranty when you send in the warranty card or register online at the Deering Banjos website.
The warranty covers defective materials or workmanship. The warranty does not cover normal wear and tear, the frets, finish, or accidental damage and is not transferable to subsequent owners. Incidental and consequential damages are excluded from this warranty and Deering assumes no liability other than for the actual repair of the instrument.
Register your Goodtime banjo to validate your warranty and receive your Banjo Maintenance Manual.
Customer is responsible for shipping to and from factory for all repairs, whether warranty or non-warranty. Deering reserves the right to repair or replace the product following suitable evaluation.