Dreadbox Darkness Stereo Shimmer Reverb Effects Pedal
12 MONTH SPECIAL FINANCING*
Applying for Financing is Quick and Easy!
- Apply: There are two easy ways to apply for financing. A credit application can be completed over the phone in a matter of minutes with a Kraft Music team member. Applications can also be completed online.
- Purchase: All financing orders are completed over the phone. Once you're approved, give us a call at 800-783-3368 to place your order! Or you can contact us and set up a time that works best for you!
Terms and Conditions
No interest if paid in full within 12 months*
On purchases of $299 or more made with your Synchrony credit card. All Yamaha products require a $499 minimum purchase amount. Interest will be charged to your account from the purchase date if the promotional purchase is not paid in full within 12 Months. Minimum monthly payments required.
*Qualifying purchase amount must be on one receipt. No interest will be charged on the promo purchase if you pay it off, in full, within the promo period. If you do not, interest will be charged on the promo purchase from the purchase date. The required minimum monthly payments may or may not pay off the promo purchase by the end of the promo period. Regular account terms apply to non-promo purchases and, after promo period ends, to the remaining promo balance. For new accounts: Purchase APR is 29.99%. Minimum interest charge is $2. Existing cardholders: See your credit card agreement terms. Subject to credit approval.
Credit is extended by Synchrony Bank.
Dreadbox Darkness is a digital stereo reverb effect pedal suitable for fretted instruments and synthesizers. Instead of having several switched algorithms, Darkness has a single versatile and flexible algorithm that can create from small and smooth reflections up to huge shimmering and endless reverbs. Experimenting is strongly suggested!
- Flexible shimmer reverb with gate function
- 32-bit @ 48kHz digital effects processor
- Variable time scale with triangle or sample & hold modulation
- Selectable pitch shift ±12 semitones with variable mix amount for shimmering sounds
- Up to 30-second decay times
- 2-pole high pass / low pass damping filter
- Freeze function loops 150ms of the input signal
- Versatile gate effect with variable attack and release times
- True stereo input and output
- Selectable tails bypass
Darkness has a simple and intuitive control panel with deeper 'left shift' and 'right shift' editing parameters easily accessed by holding down either of its soft-touch stomp switches.
ON stomp switch main function: CMOS bypass on/off
Hold down to engage 'left shift' knob functions.
HOLD stomp switch main function: loop 150ms of input signal
Hold down to engage 'right shift' knob functions.
SPREAD knob: adjust the reverb size.
MIX knob main function: set the balance between the dry signal and the effect output
Left shift alternate function: set damping filter cutoff frequency
Right shift alternate function: set gate threshold
DECAY knob main function: set effect feedback level
Left shift alternate function: set modulation depth
Right shift alternate function: set gate attack time
The MODE switch toggles between two main functions for the CONTROL knob.
Position 1: set modulation rate
Position 2: set gate release time
The CONTROL knob main function is set by the MOD switch.
MOD switch position 1: set modulation rate
MOD switch position 2: set gate release time
Left shift alternate function: set tails on or off
Right shift alternate function: set gate on or off
|Effects||Stereo shimmer reverb with gate function|
|Audio Inputs||Dual unbalanced 1/4" stereo input
Expects up to 2Vpp input levels
|Audio Outputs||Dual unbalanced 1/4" stereo output|
|Pedal Switches||ON soft-touch stomp switch main function: CMOS bypass on/off
Hold down to engage 'left shift' knob functions
HOLD soft-touch stomp switch main function: loop 150ms of input signal
Hold down to engage 'right shift' knob functions
|Power Adaptor||9VDC Boss style center pin negative 2.1mm (sold separately)|
|Product Weight||1.16 lb|
Dreadbox Limited Warranty
Dreadbox products come with a one (1) year limited warranty.
A proof of purchase is necessary when the warranty claim is made. Malfunctions resulting from improper power supply voltages, backward or faulty cable connection, abuse of the product or any other causes determined by Dreadbox to be the fault of the user, are not covered by warranty (normal service rates will be applied). All defective products will be replaced or repaired at the discretion of Dreadbox. Products must be returned directly to Dreadbox with the customer paying the shipping costs. Dreadbox implies and accepts no responsibility for harm to a person or apparatus through the operation of this product.
- Ground shipping is FREE for all orders $99 and up.
- Our central, midwest location ensures fast delivery times.
- See below for transit day estimates. Please note, these are estimates and are not guaranteed.
Generally, package estimated transit days are as follows:
- Upper Midwest: 1-3 days
- Central US, South East US, and East Coast: 2-4 days
- West Central US: 3-5 days
- West Coast: 4-6 days
- Alaska & Hawaii: 7+ days