The polyphonic SYNTH9 Synthesizer Machine transforms your guitar or bass with 9 presets that were precisely tuned to emulate the most sought after, vintage synthesizer sounds ever! From searing lead synths to spacey synth pads and deep, funky, synth bass grooves, it’s all accessible.
The SYNTH9 is also super easy to use with DRY volume, SYNTH volume, CTRL1 and CTRL2 knobs that provide precise control over each preset’s parameters.
If you dig the kind of classic synth sounds made famous on recordings by groups like ELP, EVH, Kraftwerk, Joy Division, P-Funk, Peter Gabriel and more, we think you’ll love the SYNTH9.
- Transforms the tone of your guitar or bass into that of a vintage synthesizer
- 9 presets that were created to emulate many of the most popular synthesizer sounds ever
- Works on guitar or bass without modifications, special pickups or MIDI implementation
- The SYNTH9’s usable tracking range extends up to about the 23rd fret on the high-E string of a standard guitar and down to the open A-string on a bass guitar
- Use the SYNTH9 with a B9 or C9 Organ Machine as well as the KEY9 Electric Piano Machine and MEL9 Tape Replay Machine to create your own mega-keyboard setup
- EHX 9.6VDC-200mA power supply included
Tips on getting optimum performance from SYNTH9:
1. The SYNTH9 is generally best used as the first pedal in an effects chain. Place modulation, delay, and reverb effects after the SYNTH9. The unit will not perform well if placed in the effects loop of a guitar amp.
2. For optimal playability, set the guitar’s pickup selector to the bridge pickup and turn the volume knob all the way up (“10”).
3. Avoid placing a distortion or overdrive in front of the SYNTH9, which could muddy up the input signal and cause the tracking to be unstable. If you want to add overdrive or distortion, place it after the SYNTH9.
4. The SYNTH9 has a built in compressor that is active on the synth sounds at all times. We recommend you do not insert another compressor into your signal chain while the SYNTH9 is in effect mode.
CLICK HERE to download a SYNTH9 suggested factory settings and User settings sheet.
This pedal was conceived of and designed by EHX from globally sourced components. Every EHX pedal goes through a stringent testing process by musicians and technicians in NYC before packing.
|Included from Manufacturer||9.6DC-200BI power supply included|
|Patches / Programs||OBX
|Audio Outputs||1/4" Dry
|Power Adaptor||9.6DC 200 power supply (included)|
Please register online at the Electro-Harmonix website or complete and return the enclosed warranty card within 10 days of purchase. Electro-Harmonix will repair or replace, at its discretion, a product that fails to operate due to defects in materials or workmanship for a period of one year from date of purchase. This applies only to original purchasers who have bought their product from an authorized Electro-Harmonix retailer. Repaired or replaced units will then be warranted for the unexpired portion of the original warranty term.
If you should need to return your unit for service within the warranty period, please contact the office listed below. Please obtain a Return Authorization Number (RA#) from EHX Customer Service before returning your product. Include with your returned unit: a written description of the problem as well as your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, and RA#; and a copy of your receipt clearly showing the purchase date.
EHX Customer Service
c/o New Sensor Corp.
55-01 2nd Street
Long Island City, NY 11101
This warranty gives a purchaser specific legal rights. A purchaser may have even greater rights depending upon the laws of the jurisdiction within which the product was purchased.