JoMoX Mod.Brane 11 Eurorack Percussion Module
JoMoX Mod.Brane 11 is a eurorack version of their popular M.Brane 11 desktop percussion module with improved dual-membrane circuitry and full CV/gate capabilities.
Looking at the skins on an acoustic drum, there are essentially two membranes that modulate and interact with one another via coupling through air pressure waves, which produces the typical sound of a struck drum. By resonance and counteractive interference, new frequency bands and overtones are generated. A noise signal is added that either excites the membranes and is mixed with its own envelope to the resulting signal.
In Mod.Brane 11 there are two two-pole filters (F-OSCs) arranged in a way where dampenomg is like a limited range of resonance. They can interact with one another via two coupling parameters: 1_2 coupling and 2_1 coupling. The latter acts inversely with negative value and even with positive values, so every possible feedback and interference mode can be produced.
A noise generator with either white noise or multi-tone metallic noise and a decay envelope generates percussion-like and cymbal-like tones which are mixed with the rest of the membrane sound.
- Module controls
- M1, M2 Pitch: tuning for each of two F-OSCs, each tunable over the whole audio range
- M2, M2 Dampen: adjustable dampening for each of two F-OSCs
- 1_2, 2_1 Coupl: counteractive coupling between F-OSCs
- Noise: white noise, two types of metal noise (one with adjustable bit mask), each with 499 different noise pattern combinations
- Decay: control over two analog envelopes for membranes
- Gate T: trigger gate time 0.5ms-10ms, up to 4× multi-trigger possible
- LFO: 8 waveforms (saw +/-, sine +/-, triangle +/-, rectangle +/-), modulates the pitch of one or both F-OSCs, starts always synchronous to the note trigger and acts as pitch envelope at the same time
- Bus Vol: the programmable level of the audio out signal mixed to the JoMoX system bus on the rear.
- Bus Send: serves as the programmable effects send to the JoMoX system bus on the rear.
- MIDI: the MIDI controllers of this module are identical to M.Brane 1_1. All parameters including LFO can be remotely controlled by MIDI CCs.
- Patch points
- CV1-CV4 inputs: can route external 0-5V CV signals to any of the above parameters including LFOs
- LIN. FM input: this is a true analog dedicated CV FM modulation input for both F-OSCs. It only works linear-wise and does not offer musical semitones across the CV scale.
- GATE input: input for gate triggering
- TRIG input: input for drum pad trigger signals
- OUT output: main audio output
- Physical specifications
- Size: 20hp
- Module depth: 53mm
- Power usage: 140mA @ +12V, 80mA @ -12V
|Mfg. Included Accessories|
|Module Power Usage||120-140 mA @ +12V
80 mA @ -12V
Drum pad triggerable
JoMoX Limited Warranty
JoMoX products are covered under warranty for two (2) years.
When you place an order with Kraft Music, a confirmation will be sent to you via email, with details of your order, including method of shipping. Once your order leaves our facility, you will receive a shipping confirmation via email, with carrier name and tracking number. Many of the products we sell are shipped in the manufacturer box. These boxes will often have images, model numbers, and other text that indicate the contents inside. If your purchase is a gift, please make proper shipping arrangements or contact us about possible packaging options.
Kraft Music is able to ship to the continental US, HI, AK and PR.