Keith McMillen Instruments QuNeo Pad Controller
QuNeo is a 3D multi-touch pad controller. QuNeo is a different species of pad controller for electronic musicians, DJs, VJs and DIY hackers. While it covers all of the functionality of other pad controllers, QuNeo adds the power of touch recognition in multiple dimensions.
Each of the 27 pads, sliders, and rotary sensors are pressure, velocity, and location sensitive. The 17 buttons also respond to pressure and velocity. The 16 square pads provide 128 levels of velocity response, X-Y location, and continuous pressure for each pad. Each rotary sensor measures direction, pressure and location.
QuNeo is the size of an iPad and can fit in iPad accessories such as mic clips, stands and more. QuNeo works with USB, MIDI or OSC and will communicate with your favorite music software environments right out of the box.
- General features
- Pressure, velocity, and location sensitive
- Use as drum pads or as an 8x8 grid
- Vivid, multi-color LED feedback
- Bus powered over USB
- Mac OS, Windows, iOS and Android compatible
- The size of an iPad, weighing just 14 oz.
- Features in depth
- Tactile pads, sliders, rotary sensors and switches: each of the 27 pads, sliders and rotary sensors are pressure, velocity, and location sensitive. Even the 17 switches respond to how hard you press.
- LED light feedback: a remarkable illumination scheme combines variably diffusive elastomers with 251 multi-color LEDs, providing visual feedback that is immediately responsive and delightfully informative. Man and machine are coupled through light, feel and sound.
- Trigger pads: 16 square pads provide 127 levels of velocity response. And X-Y location. And continuous pressure. For each pad. Times sixteen!
- Rotary sensors: 2 rotary sensors allow you to scrub, trigger, stretch, pinch and play phrases and sound files, manipulate continuous controllers and more . Each rotary sensor measures angle, pressure and distance from the center.
- Multi-touch sliders: 9 touch sensitive sliders can be mapped to fader and effects controls. LEDs within each slider act as VU meters or remind you where you were. Multi-touch lets you select a length between two fingers to set stereo locations or filter resonances. Tapping a slider can mute or toggle any track or function.
- Switches: the switches are located in smart groupings to select samples, fader banks, and transport controls. Each of the switches can scan up and down through files at speeds variable with your touch, great for quickly locating that perfect fill or telling your looper you really meant it.
- The size of an iPad: QuNeo is the size of an iPad and can fit in iPad accessories such as mic clips, stands and more.
- Class compliant and open source development kit: QuNeo works with USB, MIDI or OSC and will communicate with your favorite music software environments right out of the box. More advanced users and programmers can use the development kit and API to create their own code to respond to QuNeo's sensor data. Hack away to control your world in ways never before possible!
|Manufacturer||Keith McMillen Instruments|
|Included from Manufacturer||USB A-to-Micro Cable|
|Controller Type||Grid/Pad Controller|
|Number of Keys||None|
|MIDI Control Zones||1|
|Compatible Devices||Mac/PC, iOS|
|Product Weight||0.875 lbs.|
|Unique Features||Velocity-, pressure- and location-sensitive controls
Rugged, 'beer-proof' construction
5-pin MIDI control with optional KMI MIDI Expander (sold separately)
Keith McMillen Instruments Limited Warranty
Keith McMillen Instruments (KMI) offers a 12-month warranty from date of purchase on all products against manufacturing defects. KMI requires that all products for warranty replacement be returned to KMI for evaluation.
To verify your warranty you must provide KMI with a copy of your receipt in your communication with their Technical Support Team. Once your return has been authorized KMI will supply you with an RMA number.
Once returned KMI will evaluate the product and, if deemed to have a manufacturing defect, will replace it free of charge.
However, if the product passes evaluations KMI will communicate with you further so they may attempt to uncover the issue you have experienced.
In the event your product is in fact not defective, you will be subject to pay for its return shipping.
USB Cables are not covered by this warranty. Products returned due to a bad USB cable will be subject to return shipping charges.
When you place an order with Kraft Music, a confirmation will be sent to you via email, with details of your order, including method of shipping. Once your order leaves our facility, you will receive a shipping confirmation via email, with carrier name and tracking number. Many of the products we sell are shipped in the manufacturer box. These boxes will often have images, model numbers, and other text that indicate the contents inside. If your purchase is a gift, please make proper shipping arrangements or contact us about possible packaging options.
Kraft Music is able to ship to the continental US, HI, AK and PR.