The patchable modular synthesizer experience is now available in a compact, affordable package. With the excitement of a full-sized modular synthesizer packed into a fun tabletop unit, Kilpatrick Audio Phenol includes tons of amazing features. But the best part is that it sounds fantastic!
Phenol is a new type of electronic instrument. Inspired by modular synthesizers, Phenol offers the creative potential, the sound and the hands-on experience of a modular synth in a sleek, compact and affordable package.
Best of all, Phenol is compatible with modular systems because it uses the same voltages and banana connectors as the Kilpatrick Format and similar modular synthesizers. A special banana jack to 1/8" minijack cable kit (sold separately) is also available for compatibility and cross-patching with eurorack modular setups.
Whether you already love modular synthesizers and want a smaller instrument for portability, or whether you've heard about modular synths and want to get your feet wet, Phenol offers an amazing instrument at a great price.
- Two analog VCOs with triangle, ramp and pulse outputs
- Two analog filters with low pass and band pass modes
- Two analog VCAs with level control
- Two digital envelope generator / LFO combos with many unique features
- Digital LFO with sine and random outputs
- Internal MIDI-to-CV converter with DIN and USB MIDI interfaces
- Built-in MIDI sequencer/looper
- Compact mixer with digital delay (330ms of delay time)
- Digital pulse divider divides MIDI clock, LFOs or audio signals into useful musical divisions
- Buffered analog mixer/mult/inverter with level control
- Two external audio inputs buffer and amplify line-level signals – process drum machines or other audio sources through the system
- Banana patch system with color-coded jacks
- Control voltage ranges compatible with Kilpatrick Format and other modular systems
|Included from Manufacturer||Universal input power supply with plugs for most countries
(10) banana patch cables
|Number of Keys||None|
|Voices of Polyphony||Monophonic|
|Oscillators per Voice||2|
|Effects||Onboard delay with 330ms of delay time|
|Sequencer||Built-in MIDI sequencer/looper|
|Audio File Playback||No|
|USB Port (to Host)||MIDI|
|Audio Inputs||(2) 1/4" external audio inputs with patch points on top panel|
|Audio Outputs||Dual 1/4" stereo output|
|Product Weight||5 lbs.|
Kilpatrick Audio Limited Warranty
Kilpatrick Audio products carry a one (1) year warranty covering parts and labor. Please record your serial number and date/place of purchase to expedite support and warranty inquiries.
Cables included with Kilpatrick Audio products carry a thirty (30) day warranty.