Malekko Heavy Industry Richter Anti-Oscillator
The Malekko Heavy Industry Richter series of modules offer the same great sound, ergonomics, musicality, and quality that made the Wiard 300 series legendary at a fraction of the cost and size in Eurorack modular format.
Anti-Oscillator is an analog triangle-core oscillator with unique voltage-controllable waveshaping capabilities.
At first blush, Anti-Oscillator appears as a standard voltage controlled oscillator, with volt per octave input, linear and exponential FM inputs (with attenuators), fine and coarse frequency controls, and dedicated triangle output. But then there's the 'MAYHEM' output!
Mayhem starts as a square wave and morphs into twisted, animated waveforms as the 'Init Wave' control travels clockwise or is modulated. Not a standard waveshaper or wavefolder, Mayhem produces multiple, altogether new waveshapes in series as it is modulated. Sometimes creating an almost PWM 'fat' sound, and other times creating very organic, metallic sounds as the Anti-Oscillator is modulated. The timbres generated by the Mayhem output are often eccentric and very rich in harmonics, perfect for a filter to 'bite' into.
The waveshaper CV attenuator (Wave Env) is normalled to feed the triangle output in when no input is connected. The exponential and linear CV inputs are normalled to feed the Mayhem output into their respective CV input when no CV input is connected. When using the triangle output and with no CV input connected to the exponential input, for example, you can turn the the Exp control clockwise to progress through new wave shapes, starting with a triangle instead of a square for a smoother waveshaped output.
The Anti-Oscillator is known for its great FM response and capability to achieve fat and clangorous sounds. It pairs perfectly with the Richter Oscillator for modulation, and the Borg and Boogie filters to shape and tame the Mayhem output!
- Module controls
- FINE knob: F to F one-octave frequency control
- COARSE knob: 10Hz to 10kHz 10-octave frequency control
- EXP knob: exponential input attenuator
- LIN knob: linear input attenuator
- INIT WAVE knob: square wave morph control
- WAVE ENV knob: waveshaper CV attenuator
- Patch points
- EXT EXP input: external exponential FM DC coupled
- EXT LIN input: external linear FM AC coupled
- 1V/OCT input: CV pitch control
- TRI output: triangle output
- MAYHEM output: waveshaped output
- EXT input: waveshaper CV input
- Physical specifications
- Size: 14hp
- Module depth: 25mm
- Power usage: 40mA @ +12V
|Manufacturer||Malekko Heavy Industry|
|Included from Manufacturer|
|Module Power Usage||40mA @ +12V|
|Unique Features||VCO and LFO Functionality
Mayhem animated waveforms
Waveshaper CV attenuator
Malekko Heavy Industry 1 Year Warranty
Please register your purchase now at Malekko's website.
Malekko Heavy Industry Corporation (hereinafter 'Malekko') warrants that your new Malekko product, when purchased at an authorized Malekko dealer, shall be free of defects in materials and workmanship for a period of one (1) year from the original date of purchase. Please contact Malekko for information on warranty and service outside of the USA.
During the warranty period, Malekko shall, at its sole option, either repair or replace any product that proves to be defective upon inspection by Malekko. Malekko reserves the right to update any unit returned for repair and to change or improve the design of the product at any time without notice.
This warranty is extended to the original retail purchaser. This warranty can be transferred to anyone who may subsequently purchase the product provided that such transfer is made within the applicable warranty period and Malekko is provided with all of the following items:
- (i) all warranty registration information for the new owner,
- (ii) proof of the transfer within thirty (30) days of the transfer purchase, and
- (iii) a photocopy of the original sales receipt.
Warranty coverage shall be determined by Malekko in its sole discretion. This is your sole warranty.
Service and repairs of Malekko products are to be performed only by Malekko. Unauthorized service, repair or modification will void this warranty.
Disclaimer and limitation of warranty the foregoing warranty is the only warranty given by Malekko and is in lieu of all other warranties. All implied warranties, including warranties of merchantability and fitness for any particular purpose, exceeding the specific provisions of this warranty are hereby disclaimed and excluded from this warranty. Upon expiration of the applicable express warranty period (1 year), Malekko shall have no further warranty obligation of any kind, express or implied. Malekko shall in no event be liable for any special, incidental or consequential damages suffered by the purchaser or any third party, including without limitation, damages for loss of profits or business, or damages resulting from use or performance of the product, whether in contract or in tort. Malekko shall not be liable for any expenses, claims, or suits arising out of the foregoing.
The Malekko Warranty does not Cover:
- Damage from physical abuse such as dropping the unit, impact from hard objects or damage to external components as a result of negligence.
- Damage due to liquid contamination.
- Damage resulting from any use other than that it was intended for.
- Any unit that has been repaired or had an attempted repair made to it by unauthorized personnel.
- Damage due to incorrect connection, connection to faulty equipment or connection to faulty or incorrect power supplies.
- Damage in transit as a result of inadequate packaging or protection.