Malekko Heavy Industry Richter Noisering
Malekko Heavy Industry is thrilled to offer the Richter NoiseRing in eurorack format. Sanctioned by Grant Richter of Wiard Synthesizer Company, this module is the same as the original Wiard Model 1210.
NoiseRing is a digital random voltage generator which can output quantized random voltages. Used at high clock rates it acts as a digital tone generator, similar to a noisy digital tone-wheel. NoiseRing also offers an internal clock generator with output, plus an analog white noise source.
Based on a shift register, NoiseRing processes its 8-bit information and reads them into its memory as a repetitive random sequence. Stepping thru the eight steps of this sequence is done by external or internal clock. The rate control sets the internal clock rate.
The CHANGE potentiometer affects if and how many new data are read into memory. The more new data, the more the sequence changes.
The CHANCE control determines if the new data that are to be written into memory (derived from the noise source) rather contain 'ones' or 'zeroes.'
The random voltage outputs 1 and 2 have an amplitude of 0-10V and give quantized voltages. Either it quantizes to 1V steps (octave intervals) or 1/12V (semitone intervals).
Clock in audio rates make NoiseRing play digital tones which can range also into digital noise. The Change control has a big effect on the sound character.
- Module controls
- RATE knob: clock rate control
- CHANCE knob: chance probability control
- CHANGE knob: change probability control
- EXT RATE knob: external clock rate attenuator
- EXT CLOCK button: sets clock mode to internal or external
- Patch points
- EXT inputs: external chance/change probability inputs
- CHANCE input: external chance comparator input
- CLK IN input: external clock rate input
- 1 output: n+1 output (9 voltage levels, 0-10V)
- 2 output: 2n output (256 voltage levels, 0-10V)
- NOISE output: noise output (±4V)
- CLK OUT output: clock output (1Hz-10hKz, +10V square wave)
- Physical specifications
- Size: 14hp
- Module depth: 35mm
- Power usage: 90mA @ +12V
|Manufacturer||Malekko Heavy Industry|
|Included from Manufacturer|
|Module Power Usage||90mA @ +12V|
|Unique Features||Pseudo random shift register
Clock input with external rate control knob
Malekko Heavy Industry 1 Year Warranty
Please register your purchase now at Malekko's website.
Malekko Heavy Industry Corporation (hereinafter 'Malekko') warrants that your new Malekko product, when purchased at an authorized Malekko dealer, shall be free of defects in materials and workmanship for a period of one (1) year from the original date of purchase. Please contact Malekko for information on warranty and service outside of the USA.
During the warranty period, Malekko shall, at its sole option, either repair or replace any product that proves to be defective upon inspection by Malekko. Malekko reserves the right to update any unit returned for repair and to change or improve the design of the product at any time without notice.
This warranty is extended to the original retail purchaser. This warranty can be transferred to anyone who may subsequently purchase the product provided that such transfer is made within the applicable warranty period and Malekko is provided with all of the following items:
- (i) all warranty registration information for the new owner,
- (ii) proof of the transfer within thirty (30) days of the transfer purchase, and
- (iii) a photocopy of the original sales receipt.
Warranty coverage shall be determined by Malekko in its sole discretion. This is your sole warranty.
Service and repairs of Malekko products are to be performed only by Malekko. Unauthorized service, repair or modification will void this warranty.
Disclaimer and limitation of warranty the foregoing warranty is the only warranty given by Malekko and is in lieu of all other warranties. All implied warranties, including warranties of merchantability and fitness for any particular purpose, exceeding the specific provisions of this warranty are hereby disclaimed and excluded from this warranty. Upon expiration of the applicable express warranty period (1 year), Malekko shall have no further warranty obligation of any kind, express or implied. Malekko shall in no event be liable for any special, incidental or consequential damages suffered by the purchaser or any third party, including without limitation, damages for loss of profits or business, or damages resulting from use or performance of the product, whether in contract or in tort. Malekko shall not be liable for any expenses, claims, or suits arising out of the foregoing.
The Malekko Warranty does not Cover:
- Damage from physical abuse such as dropping the unit, impact from hard objects or damage to external components as a result of negligence.
- Damage due to liquid contamination.
- Damage resulting from any use other than that it was intended for.
- Any unit that has been repaired or had an attempted repair made to it by unauthorized personnel.
- Damage due to incorrect connection, connection to faulty equipment or connection to faulty or incorrect power supplies.
- Damage in transit as a result of inadequate packaging or protection.
- Ground shipping is FREE for all orders $99 and up.
- Our central, midwest location ensures fast delivery times.
- See below for transit day estimates. Please note, these are estimates and are not guaranteed.
Generally, package estimated transit days are as follows:
- Upper Midwest: 1-3 days
- Central US, South East US, and East Coast: 2-4 days
- West Central US: 3-5 days
- West Coast: 4-6 days
- Alaska & Hawaii: 7+ days