Malekko Heavy Industry Varigate 4+
Malekko Heavy Industry Varigate 4+ is a 4-channel, 8-step sequencer that can simultaneously output both gates and quantized or unquantized CV. Varigate 4+ can be used as a master companion module with Malekko's Voltage Block or as a slave companion module with Malekko's Varigate 8+, both sold separately.
Each channel (or track) correlates with its own sequencer, for a total of 4 independent sequencers. With the flip of a switch Varigate 4+ can be configured to output 4 channels of CV, 2 channels of CV and 2 channels of gates, or 4 channels of gates.
Each step of a sequencer can be programmed with probability for gates, repeats, glide and notes (when in CV mode). There is a also a randomization feature for repeats, notes and glide.
Channel parameters for scales, sequence direction (forward, reverse, pendulum or random), sequence sength, division, multiplication and pulsewidth are all easily accessible using Track Mode.
Easy preset recall makes Varigate 4+ perfect for live performance. Pair it with Malekko Voltage Block (sold separately) for maximum control!
- Module controls
- DIVIDE slider: clock divides a sequence for a given channel down to 1/8
- MULTIPLY slider: clock multiplies a sequence for a given channel up to 8×
- LENGTH slider: changes the length of a sequence for a given channel from 1 to 8 steps
- SEQ MODE slider: changes the direction of a sequence for a given channel with options for forward, reverse, pendulum or random
- PULSEWIDTH slider: adjusts the width of all gate pulses in a sequence
- SCALE slider: changes the scale of a CV/notes sequence with options for unquantized, major pentatonic, minor pentatonic, blues, Dorian, minor, major and chromatic
- TEMPO COARSE slider: adjusts the internal clock between 30 and 255 bpm
- TEMPO FINE slider: adjusts the internal clock ±25 bpm
- PROB button: select and then adjust a step slider to control the amount of probability per step
- RPT button: select and then adjust a step slider to control the amount of repeats per step
- NOTE button: select and then adjust a step slider to add CV per step
- GLIDE button: select and then adjust a step slider to add glide per step
- TRACK button: select to enter Track Mode for adjusting slider parameters, i.e., DIVIDE, MULTIPLY, LENGTH, SEQ MODE, PULSEWIDTH, SCALE, TEMPO COARSE and TEMPO FINE
- SAVE button: hold and then select one of 1-4 buttons to save current settings to a preset
- RECALL button: hold and then select one of 1-4 buttons to recall a saved preset
- ▶︎/◼︎ button: press to start or stop sequencer playback
- 1-4 buttons: press to access parameter adjustments for 4 sequencer channels
- Mode switch:
- 4 CV mode: CV output an all 4 sequencer channels
- 2/2 mode: CV output on channels 1 and 3, gate output on channels 2 and 4
- 4 GATE mode: gate output on all 4 sequencer channels
- Patch points
- 1-4 outputs: sequencer channels output gate, trigger or CV signals depending on mode
- CLK IN input: external clock input
- RESET input: gate input for resetting sequencer to step 1
- CLK OUT output: clock output
- Physical specifications
- Size: 12hp
- Module depth: 26mm
- Power usage: 90mA @ +12V, 13mA @ -12V
|Manufacturer||Malekko Heavy Industry|
|Module Power Usage||90mA @ +12V
13mA @ -12V
Malekko Heavy Industry 1 Year Warranty
Please register your purchase now at Malekko's website.
Malekko Heavy Industry Corporation (hereinafter 'Malekko') warrants that your new Malekko product, when purchased at an authorized Malekko dealer, shall be free of defects in materials and workmanship for a period of one (1) year from the original date of purchase. Please contact Malekko for information on warranty and service outside of the USA.
During the warranty period, Malekko shall, at its sole option, either repair or replace any product that proves to be defective upon inspection by Malekko. Malekko reserves the right to update any unit returned for repair and to change or improve the design of the product at any time without notice.
This warranty is extended to the original retail purchaser. This warranty can be transferred to anyone who may subsequently purchase the product provided that such transfer is made within the applicable warranty period and Malekko is provided with all of the following items:
- (i) all warranty registration information for the new owner,
- (ii) proof of the transfer within thirty (30) days of the transfer purchase, and
- (iii) a photocopy of the original sales receipt.
Warranty coverage shall be determined by Malekko in its sole discretion. This is your sole warranty.
Service and repairs of Malekko products are to be performed only by Malekko. Unauthorized service, repair or modification will void this warranty.
Disclaimer and limitation of warranty the foregoing warranty is the only warranty given by Malekko and is in lieu of all other warranties. All implied warranties, including warranties of merchantability and fitness for any particular purpose, exceeding the specific provisions of this warranty are hereby disclaimed and excluded from this warranty. Upon expiration of the applicable express warranty period (1 year), Malekko shall have no further warranty obligation of any kind, express or implied. Malekko shall in no event be liable for any special, incidental or consequential damages suffered by the purchaser or any third party, including without limitation, damages for loss of profits or business, or damages resulting from use or performance of the product, whether in contract or in tort. Malekko shall not be liable for any expenses, claims, or suits arising out of the foregoing.
The Malekko Warranty does not Cover:
- Damage from physical abuse such as dropping the unit, impact from hard objects or damage to external components as a result of negligence.
- Damage due to liquid contamination.
- Damage resulting from any use other than that it was intended for.
- Any unit that has been repaired or had an attempted repair made to it by unauthorized personnel.
- Damage due to incorrect connection, connection to faulty equipment or connection to faulty or incorrect power supplies.
- Damage in transit as a result of inadequate packaging or protection.
SHIPPING DELAYS ARE A WORLD WIDE EXPERIENCE
You may have seen the images of ships stacking up on the west coast, waiting for their turn to port. This combined with the increased demand for domestic shipping of products from all industries across our nation has resulted in a rapidly fluctuating climate for receiving and shipping products. While we do our best to offer accurate shipping estimates, please remember that complications can arise which may be beyond our control. Know that Kraft Music is here to assist in any way that we can.
- Ground shipping is FREE for all orders $99 and up.
- Our central, midwest location ensures fast delivery times.
- See below for transit day estimates. Please note, these are estimates and are not guaranteed.
Though forcasting shipping times has become increasingly difficult, general FedEx package estimated transit days are as follows:
- Upper Midwest: 1-3 days
- Central US, South East US, and East Coast: 2-4 days
- West Central US: 3-5 days
- West Coast: 4-6 days
- Alaska & Hawaii: 7+ days