Malekko Heavy Industry Varigate 8+
Malekko Heavy Industry Varigate 8+ is designed to be the ultimate compact sequencer and control station over an entire Eurorack modular system. Create songs and live performance material with 8 channels of gate outputs and up to 16 steps per channel, 2 independent CV outputs for custom scale quantization, easy recall of 10 storage banks and 100 channel presets, random functions, mute functions and so much more!
- 8 channels of gates, each with up to 16 steps
- 2 quantized 1V/octave CV channels
- CV channels can be independent or linked to any gate channel
- Save up to 100 presets
- 10 different song banks programmable by choosing any sequence of presets
- Programmable scale per bank
- Note and glide per step
- Forward, reverse, pendulum and random directions per channel
- Probability, repeat, delay and pulse width control per channel
- Individual clock multiplier, divider and sequence length per channel
- Random gate input for applying variation to a pattern
- All per step parameters can be randomized within a given range
- Program gate channels with both sliders and buttons
- Mute function to mute a channel or pattern
- Freeze gate input turns random sequences into static sequences while active
- Reset input
- Clear function for clearing channels and parameters
- Tempo control knob
- Clock in and out
- Module controls
- DIVIDE/MULTIPLY slider: divide or multiply individual patterns/sequences.
- SEQ LENGTH slider: change length of individual patterns/sequences.
- SEQ MODE slider: change direction of individual patterns/sequences. Options include forward, reverse, pendulum or random modes.
- KEY slider: change key of preset banks.
- ROOT sliders: set root notes for a bank and add additional notes, thus creating scales.
- PROB button: activate a gate per step.
- RPT button: control the amount a step repeats.
- DLY button: control the amount of delay per step.
- PW button: change the pulse width of a step.
- GLIDE button: add glide per step.
- TRACK button: enter track mode for adjusting all features listed in black under sliders.
- MUTE button: enter mute mode and mute pages.
- CLEAR button: clear individual outputs/channels.
- SONG button: activate song mode.
- TEMPO knob: set tempo.
- PLAY/STOP button: start and stop sequence/pattern/song playback.
- BANK/ALL button: select bank, clear bank, perform various operations on an entire bank at a time.
- SAVE button: save patterns/sequences to a preset location.
- RECALL button: recall patterns/sequences from preset locations.
- GATE buttons: perform various operations on individual gates/steps. Also work for preset and bank location selections.
- CV buttons: perform various operations on quantized CV outputs. Also act as available preset and bank locations.
- Patch points
- CLK IN input: external clock input.
- RESET input: gate input for resetting sequencer to step 1.
- CLK OUT output: clock output with LED indicator.
- RND input: insert gate signal to randomize patterns.
- FREEZE: insert gate signal to freeze randomization of all parameters.
- END output with LED indicator: sends sequence end gate out.
- GATE outputs with LED indicators: connect to other module gate or trigger inputs.
- Physical specifications
- Size: 26hp
- Module depth: 26mm
- Power usage: 180mA @ +12V, 39mA @ -12V
|Manufacturer||Malekko Heavy Industry|
|Included from Manufacturer|
|Module Power Usage||180mA @ +12V
39mA @ -12V
|Unique Features||In addition to its 8 channels of gates, Varigate 8+ has two quantized CV channels with per-step voltage and glide that can be paired to any of the 8 gate channels or run independently.|
Malekko Heavy Industry 1 Year Warranty
Please register your purchase now at Malekko's website.
Malekko Heavy Industry Corporation (hereinafter 'Malekko') warrants that your new Malekko product, when purchased at an authorized Malekko dealer, shall be free of defects in materials and workmanship for a period of one (1) year from the original date of purchase. Please contact Malekko for information on warranty and service outside of the USA.
During the warranty period, Malekko shall, at its sole option, either repair or replace any product that proves to be defective upon inspection by Malekko. Malekko reserves the right to update any unit returned for repair and to change or improve the design of the product at any time without notice.
This warranty is extended to the original retail purchaser. This warranty can be transferred to anyone who may subsequently purchase the product provided that such transfer is made within the applicable warranty period and Malekko is provided with all of the following items:
- (i) all warranty registration information for the new owner,
- (ii) proof of the transfer within thirty (30) days of the transfer purchase, and
- (iii) a photocopy of the original sales receipt.
Warranty coverage shall be determined by Malekko in its sole discretion. This is your sole warranty.
Service and repairs of Malekko products are to be performed only by Malekko. Unauthorized service, repair or modification will void this warranty.
Disclaimer and limitation of warranty the foregoing warranty is the only warranty given by Malekko and is in lieu of all other warranties. All implied warranties, including warranties of merchantability and fitness for any particular purpose, exceeding the specific provisions of this warranty are hereby disclaimed and excluded from this warranty. Upon expiration of the applicable express warranty period (1 year), Malekko shall have no further warranty obligation of any kind, express or implied. Malekko shall in no event be liable for any special, incidental or consequential damages suffered by the purchaser or any third party, including without limitation, damages for loss of profits or business, or damages resulting from use or performance of the product, whether in contract or in tort. Malekko shall not be liable for any expenses, claims, or suits arising out of the foregoing.
The Malekko Warranty does not Cover:
- Damage from physical abuse such as dropping the unit, impact from hard objects or damage to external components as a result of negligence.
- Damage due to liquid contamination.
- Damage resulting from any use other than that it was intended for.
- Any unit that has been repaired or had an attempted repair made to it by unauthorized personnel.
- Damage due to incorrect connection, connection to faulty equipment or connection to faulty or incorrect power supplies.
- Damage in transit as a result of inadequate packaging or protection.