Modal Electronics 002R 8-Voice Polyphonic Synthesizer
Modal 002R can be purchased either as an 8-voice or as a 12-voice analog/digital hybrid synthesizer. This listing is for the 8-voice model.
Modal 002R features two high-resolution NCO oscillators per voice plus two sub oscillators, a Modal-designed four-pole transistor ladder filter with real analog morphing, VCA, two LFOs, two modulation matrices and a very powerful sequencer and arpeggiator.
The hardware has been manufactured to fit 3U of space in a 19" rack and features a high-quality steel chassis, aluminum turned encoders and high-quality 4.3" LCD screen.
Among the many connections, Modal 002R features an ethernet port to connect your synth to your network and enable updates via the internet (no need for MIDI sysex dumps!) and also to access the Modal cloud features and HTML web user interface.
- Two oscillators per voice with two sub oscillators that can be switched between having a traditional square wave and having the same waveform as the main oscillator, in effect making four oscillators per voice.
- Fully multi-timbral with up to 8 parts.
- Analog/digital hybrid architecture uses NCOs for very high resolution and stable oscillators. Over 50 different waveforms are available, ranging from classic analog sounds to more unique digital shapes.
- Modal Electronics-designed 24dB per octave four-pole transistor ladder filter with some very unusual morphing characteristics or 'polesweeping,' enabling continuous transition from four pole through bandpass to one pole 6db per octave.
- Two LFOs, one per voice and one global.
- Extensive modulation options.
- Built-in 12-track, 12-row, 32-step sequencer with MIDI sync capabilities. Sequences can also be transposed dynamically while running.
- Powerful arpeggiator with a wide range of different modes including 'hold' mode, enabling arpeggiator-based sequences to be created.
- Modal Electronics Animator enables any control parameter on the 002R to be sequenced, enabling very complex filter transitions, wave form changes and modulation matrix changes to be sequenced.
- Ethernet port to connect your 002R to your network and enable updates via the internet and access to the Modal Electronics cloud features.
- Superb UI, a great departure from typical synthesizers, featuring a high-quality 4.3" screen with wide viewing angle.
- Twelve 'quick recall banks' are accessible directly from the front panel, enabling performing musicians to get rid of their set sheets and build set lists of presets, sequences and animations, all quickly accessible from dedicated front panel buttons. Up to ten banks of quick recalls can be created, a boon for live performance applications.
- VCF and VCA envelope generators.
- Four key modes: polyphonic, monophonic, unison and stack.
- Voice control parameters are easily accessible using the Modal Quick Navigate dials to quickly control page, parameter and value. These dials are also user-assignable to single or multiple parameters to create complex macro knobs.
- Modal Web Interface allows full control and editing of 002R's functions in any HTML5-compatible web browser (Safari, Chrome, Firefox, etc.) on any platform that supports a browser — laptop, desktop, tablet or phone! — with no need for a plug-in.
- Pure analog signal path from the oscillators onwards, no digital conversion.
- Optional digital output board providing multi-voice outputs over USB (class compliant).
- Two external audio inputs enabling audio processing from the VCF onwards plus external MIDI in and out.
- Occupies 3U of space in a 19" rack.
|MPN||MODAL 002R 8|
|Included from Manufacturer||(3) Power Cables: 1 US, 2 international
|Number of Keys||None|
|Voices of Polyphony||8|
|Oscillators per Voice||2 plus Sub|
|Sequencer||Built-in 2-track, 12-row, 32-step sequencer|
|Internal Storage Capacity||n/a|
|Audio File Playback||No|
|MIDI||In, Out, Thru|
|Audio Inputs||Dual stereo 1/4" TS inputs for processing external sources through VCF and VCA|
|Audio Outputs||Dual stereo combo XLR/TS jacks|
|Width||22.4" with rack ears (fits 19" rack)|
|Product Weight||17.5 lbs.|
Modal Electronics Ltd. Limited Warranty
One year Parts and Labor on all Modal Electronics Ltd. products. Warranty covers all defects in material and workmanship.
The following are not covered: damage caused by accident, misuse, abuse, product modification or neglect; damage occurring during shipment; damage from failure to follow instructions contained in the instruction manual; damage resulting from unauthorized repairs; or damage caused by improper installation; or damage caused by AC power overvoltage conditions.
Modal Electronics Ltd.'s liability is limited to the repair or replacement, at its option, of any defective product and shall not include incidental or consequential damages. Modal Electronics Ltd. reserves the right to replace a discontinued model with a comparable model. Any replacement units or parts may be new or rebuilt.
When you place an order with Kraft Music, a confirmation will be sent to you via email, with details of your order, including method of shipping. Once your order leaves our facility, you will receive a shipping confirmation via email, with carrier name and tracking number. Many of the products we sell are shipped in the manufacturer box. These boxes will often have images, model numbers, and other text that indicate the contents inside. If your purchase is a gift, please make proper shipping arrangements or contact us about possible packaging options.
Kraft Music is able to ship to the continental US, HI, AK and PR.