What's included in this bundle:
Modal 008 is an 8-voice analog synthesizer. It features two 100% analog VCOs per voice with two sub oscillators, an innovative and extremely flexible multi-mode filter with 15 different modes, VCA, 11 modulation sources with unlimited destinations and a very powerful sequencer and arpeggiator.
Protect your investment with a professional keyboard case. This is an ATA case designed to provide maximum protection for your instrument in transit. The molded polyethylene construction includes TSA locking latches. Includes wedge and block interior padding for customization and Ergo-Grip comfort handles. This model also features wheels and towing handles, making it easy to roll into a venue.
Modal 008 is an 8-voice analog synthesizer. It features two 100% analog VCOs per voice with two sub oscillators, an innovative and extremely flexible multi-mode filter with 15 different modes, VCA, 11 modulation sources - including two audio rate LFOs - with unlimited destinations and a very powerful sequencer and arpeggiator.
The hardware has been manufactured with high-quality components: a FATAR semi-weighted five-octave key mechanism with aftertouch, black metal case, aluminum turned encoders and a high-quality 4.3" LCD screen.
Among the many connections, Modal 008 features an ethernet port to connect your synth to your network and enable updates via the internet (no need for MIDI sysex dumps!) and also to access the Modal cloud features and HTML web user interface.
- 8 discrete voices of polyphony with an uncompromising analog architecture utilizing the highest grade components throughout.
- Two 100% analog VCOs per voice with two sub oscillators, providing sawtooth, triangle, square with PWM and noise. Each of the waveforms can be blended together to provide completely new complex wave shapes.
- Innovative and extremely flexible multi-mode filter with 15 modes including traditional modes such as low-pass, band-pass and high-pass as well as more unusual notch, phase and combination modes.
- Filter overdrive enables the sound to be driven to sonic extremes.
- A range of classic analog polysynth features such as oscillator and filter FM bringing amazing sonic power.
- Two LFOs, both capable of reaching audio rates with multiple wave shapes and MIDI sync.
- 11 modulation sources with unlimited destinations and individual depth settings per destination, a super-smooth sample rate of 10kHz and all accessible from the front panel - no menu diving!
- Built-in 2-track, 12-row, 32-step sequencer with 16 dedicated step time editing knobs on the front panel and MIDI sync capabilities. Sequences can also be transposed dynamically while running.
- A full-featured arpeggiator with a wide range of different modes including 'hold' mode, enabling creation of arpeggiator-based sequences.
- Modal Electronics Animator enables any control parameter on the 008 to be sequenced, enabling very complex filter transitions, wave form changes and modulation matrix changes to be sequenced.
- Ethernet port to connect your 008 to your network and enable updates via the internet and to access Modal Electronics cloud features right from the synth.
- Two-part multi-timbral (bi-timbral), allowing splits across the keyboard or stacks to create amazingly complex sounds.
- Superb UI, a great departure from typical synthesizers, featuring a high quality 4.3" screen with wide viewing angle. Display is context sensitive such that the parameters of any control knob touched by the user are immediately displayed.
- Eight 'quick recall banks' are accessible directly from the front panel, enabling performing musicians to get rid of their set sheets and instead build set lists of presets, sequences and animations, all quickly accessible from dedicated front panel buttons. Up to ten banks of quick recalls can be created, a boon for live performance applications.
- Ultra-fast (1ms) VCF and VCA envelope generators. VCF-EG is one of the 11 modulation sources that can be freely assigned to any parameter by its own unique amount.
- Four key modes: polyphonic, monophonic, unison and stack.
- High-quality construction featuring a premium FATAR semi-weighted five-octave key mechanism with aftertouch.
- All voice control parameters are accessible from a well-designed and intuitive front panel that follows a traditional synthesizer workflow.
- Combined XLR/TRS sockets for balanced/unbalanced connections. Further, each of the eight outputs can be broken out individually via a dedicated D-Sub port.
- Optional digital output board providing multi-voice outputs over USB (class compliant).
- Two external audio inputs enabling audio processing from the VCF onwards plus external MIDI in and out.
- X/Y joystick and sustain and expression pedal inputs for performance controls. Any control parameter can be assigned to any joystick axis (X+, X-, Y+, Y-) by pressing the dedicated front panel selector button.
|Included from Manufacturer||(3) Power Cables: 1 US, 2 international
|Number of Keys||61|
|Key Action||Semi-weighted with aftertouch|
|Voices of Polyphony||8|
|Oscillators per Voice||2 plus Sub|
|Sequencer||Built-in 2-track, 12-row, 32-step sequencer with 16 dedicated step time editing knobs on front panel|
|Internal Storage Capacity||n/a|
|Audio File Playback||No|
|MIDI||In, Out, Thru, USB|
|Audio Inputs||Dual stereo 1/4" TS inputs for processing external sources through VCF and VCA|
|Audio Outputs||Dual stereo combo XLR/TS jacks|
|Control Connections||1/4" expression and sustain pedal inputs|
|Onboard Controllers||Modulation joystick|
|Product Weight||37 lbs.|
Modal Electronics Ltd. Limited Warranty
One year Parts and Labor on all Modal Electronics Ltd. products. Warranty covers all defects in material and workmanship.
The following are not covered: damage caused by accident, misuse, abuse, product modification or neglect; damage occurring during shipment; damage from failure to follow instructions contained in the instruction manual; damage resulting from unauthorized repairs; or damage caused by improper installation; or damage caused by AC power overvoltage conditions.
Modal Electronics Ltd.'s liability is limited to the repair or replacement, at its option, of any defective product and shall not include incidental or consequential damages. Modal Electronics Ltd. reserves the right to replace a discontinued model with a comparable model. Any replacement units or parts may be new or rebuilt.
When you place an order with Kraft Music, a confirmation will be sent to you via email, with details of your order, including method of shipping. Once your order leaves our facility, you will receive a shipping confirmation via email, with carrier name and tracking number. Many of the products we sell are shipped in the manufacturer box. These boxes will often have images, model numbers, and other text that indicate the contents inside. If your purchase is a gift, please make proper shipping arrangements or contact us about possible packaging options.
Kraft Music is able to ship to the continental US, HI, AK and PR.