What's included in this bundle:
Modal Electronics Argon8 is a polyphonic wavetable synthesizer that takes much of the sound design capability and functionality of Modal 002 and places it in an incredibly compact desktop package that can also be rackmounted. Bringing eight voices of true polyphony with features previously never seen at this price point, Argon8 raises the bar in sub-$1,000 synthesizers. Argon8's sound engine enables extremely complex synthesis creation hitherto unprecedented at this price point.
You need a portable USB MIDI controller but also want a keyboard that provides a musical playing experience? You have some MIDI modules you want to connect as well but don't want the footprint of a large keyboard? Well, KeyStep does all this and more.
This convenient dual cable carries both MIDI in and out signals.
This cable is designed to interconnect devices with USB interfaces. It is ideal for connecting an audio interface, USB microphone, USB capable electronic instrument, or many computer peripherals to a Mac or PC.
Modal Electronics Argon8M is a polyphonic wavetable synthesizer that takes much of the sound design capability and functionality of Modal 002 and places it in an incredibly compact package. Bringing eight voices of true polyphony with features previously never seen at this price point, Argon8 raises the bar in sub-$1,000 synthesizers. Argon8M's sound engine enables extremely complex synthesis creation hitherto unprecedented at this price point.
- 120 carefully crafted wavetables split into 24 banks of 5 morphable waveform sets covering everything from virtual analog classics to cutting edge EDM, including many from Modal 002 and a whole range of mathematically generated tables. An additional PWM bank and 4 noise/modulation banks are available on Oscillator 2.
- 28 static wavetable processors including de-rez, wave folders, wave shapers, phase shapers and rectify that can be applied to the 120 wavetables to give a mind boggling array of permutations and new waveshapes.
- 32 high resolution wavetable oscillators, 4 per voice, with 8 types of oscillator modifier including phase mod (FM), ring mod, amp mod, hard sync and windowed sync.
- Voice Drift and Width controls to help create massive stereo soundscapes.
- Two-pole morphing resonant filter with multiple filter types.
- Filter can be morphed from low pass through band pass to high pass.
- Hugely powerful mod matrix with eight assignable slots with four additional fixed routes, 11 mod sources and 52 destinations.
- 4-axis joystick can be assigned to a huge range of modulation destinations and virtually locked when desired.
- Three dedicated envelope generators for amp, mod and filter that can be accessed independently or all three simultaneously including negative (reverse) versions.
- Two audio-rate LFOs (one poly, one global) with tempo sync. Polyphonic LFO can sync to frequency divisions.
- Waveshaping distortion.
- Three incredibly powerful independent and user configurable stereo effects engines that can create sophisticated delays, lush reverbs, flanging, phasing and rich choruses.
- Realtime sequencer with 512 steps, input quantize and four recordable/editable parameter animations.
- All time-based effects, LFOs and sequencer arpeggio can be clocked either internally or externally.
- 100 sequencer presets that can be linked to any patch for quickly loading arrangements.
- 1.54" OLED display provides instant visual feedback to the user at all times of playing/editing.
- Multiple keyboard modes: mono, poly, unison 2, unison 4, unison 8, stack 2 and stack 4.
- Built-in sophisticated programmable 32-step arpeggiator with rest capability and up to 2,048 steps before repeating.
- Glide/portamento with both legato and staccato modes.
Argon8m provides a class-compliant USB MIDI connection, enabling Argon8m to play in an integrated setup. Free software editor ModalApp is available on macOS, iOS, Windows and Android tablets and phones. ModalApp is also available as an Audio Unit and VST3 plug-in for DAW applications.
|Included from Manufacturer||Rackmount hardware
|Number of Keys||None|
|Programs/Presets||500 patch storage locations (ships with 300 factory programs)
100 sequence storage locations
100 effects patch storage locations
|Voices of Polyphony||8|
|Oscillators per Voice||Varies by Sound Engine|
|Effects||(3) independent stereo effects engines
|Sequencer||Realtime 512-step sequencer with quantize
(4) recordable/editable parameter automation lanes
|MIDI||In, Out, USB|
|USB Port (to Host)||MIDI, System Updates, Editor/Librarian/Patch Manager|
|Audio Inputs||1/8" stereo external audio input|
|Audio Outputs||Dual 1/4" stereo output
1/4" stereo headphone output
|Control Connections||1/8" sync input
1/8" sync output
|Onboard Controllers||4-axis assignable modulation joystick|
|Unique Features||MODALapp editor and patch librarian available as standalone app, Audio Unit or VST plug-in|
Modal Electronics Ltd. Limited Warranty
One year Parts and Labor on all Modal Electronics Ltd. products. Warranty covers all defects in material and workmanship.
The following are not covered: damage caused by accident, misuse, abuse, product modification or neglect; damage occurring during shipment; damage from failure to follow instructions contained in the instruction manual; damage resulting from unauthorized repairs; or damage caused by improper installation; or damage caused by AC power overvoltage conditions.
Modal Electronics Ltd.'s liability is limited to the repair or replacement, at its option, of any defective product and shall not include incidental or consequential damages. Modal Electronics Ltd. reserves the right to replace a discontinued model with a comparable model. Any replacement units or parts may be new or rebuilt.