What's included in this bundle:
Modal CraftSynth 2.0 raises the bar on what a compact, portable, battery-powered synthesizer can do, delivering unprecedented sonic versatility and sound design potential in a completely portable package.
Charge or power any USB powered devices using this handy adapter and the appropriate cable for your device. This allows any standard outlet to become a USB power source, eliminating the need for a computer to provide bus power to your devices.
This micro USB cable is designed to interconnect devices with USB interfaces. It is ideal for connecting a smart phone, tablet, or similar device to a computer.
This cable is designed to connect an audio device with a mini stereo 1/8" output to pro audio gear with 1/4" line inputs. It is ideal for connecting an iPod, laptop, smartphone or similar device to a mixing console, amplifier, or recording device.
This convenient dual cable carries both MIDI in and out signals.
A 12" green patch cord, 3.5mm / 1/8" mono for eurorack modular synthesizers.
A 12" red patch cord, 3.5mm / 1/8" mono for eurorack modular synthesizers.
Modal CraftSynth 2.0 draws on the raw synthesis power of the original CraftSynth but adds a huge range of new features and again raises the bar on what a compact, portable, battery-powered synthesizer can do. Incorporating the design ethos first seen in the Modal Skulpt synthesizer, CraftSynth 2.0 delivers unprecedented sonic versatility and sound design potential in a completely portable package.
CraftSynth 2.0 packs real oscillator power, with a total of 40 waveforms. With the ability to select and morph between the waveforms in a bank, CraftSynth 2.0's eight oscillator banks cover virtual analog, digital and generative waves as well as a selection from the Modal Electronics 002 synthesizer. Taking sound design potential into new territory, CraftSynth 2.0 features 16 oscillator modulation 'Modifiers' that allow the user to process and cross-modulate between CraftSynth 2.0's two oscillator sets to create truly unique and exciting sonic textures.
- Monophonic wavetable synthesizer
- 8 oscillators in total with 2 selectable waveforms and mixer stage
- 40 unique waveforms available split into 8 banks of 5 morphable waveform sets
- Virtual analog, digital and generative waves are available along with selections from Modal 002
- Process and cross modulate waveforms with 1 of 16 oscillator modifiers including Frequency/Phase Modulation, Hard/Window Sync, Ring/Amp Modulation, Derez/Bitcrush, Wavefolders and Waveshapers
- Multi-option unison/spread to detune the 8 oscillators for a huge sound
- 3 envelope generators for filter, amplitude and modulation
- 2 audio rate LFOs
- 8-slot modulation matrix with 8 sources; each source can have 1 destination
- Program and transpose patterns with the built-in sequenced arpeggiator
- 2-pole resonant filter that can be morphed from low pass through band pass to high pass
- Delay and distortion (waveshaping overdrive, not bitcrushing) effects
- Optional MIDI clock sync for LFOs and delay
- 64 preset storage locations
- 8-key touch MIDI keyboard with 8 custom scales and root note selection
- 5-pin MIDI DIN in and out
- Class-compliant MIDI provided over USB connection to host computer or tablet
- Analog clock sync in and out using the same sync standard found on Korg Volcas and Teenage Engineering Pocket Operators, among others
- Powered by USB or 3 AA batteries
- Optional software editor available for macOS, iOS, Windows and Android
- Portable and compact design
CraftSynth 2.0 measures only 6" × 5.5" × 3", weighs less than 1 lb and can be powered by either 3 AA batteries or USB, giving you the freedom to unleash your creativity in the studio, on the road or on the stage. USB connectivity isn’t just for power, either: CraftSynth 2.0 provides a class-compliant USB MIDI connection, enabling CraftSynth 2.0 to play in an integrated setup with macOS, iOS, Windows or Android computers, tablets and phones.
The free ModalApp editor provides complete visual access and control to all of the features of CraftSynth 2.0, along with tight integration of Modal's first-generation Craft devices (CraftSynth 1.0 and CraftRhythm), as well as the Modal Skulpt synthesizer, letting you work across all the Modal instruments in your rig with one unified, high-quality editing environment on your platform of choice including macOS, iOS, Windows and Android.
|Number of Keys||8|
|Key Action||8-key touch keyboard|
|Programs/Presets||128 patch storage locations
64 sequence storage locations
|Oscillators per Voice||Varies by Sound Engine|
|Effects||Delay (syncable to MIDI clock)
Waveshaping overdrive distortion
|Sequencer||Realtime sequencer can record up to 128 notes and up to 4 parameters|
|MIDI||In, Out/Thru, USB|
|USB Port (to Host)||MIDI, System Updates, Editor/Librarian/Patch Manager|
|Audio Outputs||1/8" stereo main output
1/8" stereo headphone output
|Control Connections||1/8" sync in
1/8" sync out
Uses sync standard found on Korg Volcas, Teenage Engineering Pocket Operators and more
|Product Weight||<1 lb|
|Unique Features||Free ModalApp editor provides complete visual access and control to all of the features of CraftSynth 2.0|
Modal Electronics Ltd. Limited Warranty
One year Parts and Labor on all Modal Electronics Ltd. products. Warranty covers all defects in material and workmanship.
The following are not covered: damage caused by accident, misuse, abuse, product modification or neglect; damage occurring during shipment; damage from failure to follow instructions contained in the instruction manual; damage resulting from unauthorized repairs; or damage caused by improper installation; or damage caused by AC power overvoltage conditions.
Modal Electronics Ltd.'s liability is limited to the repair or replacement, at its option, of any defective product and shall not include incidental or consequential damages. Modal Electronics Ltd. reserves the right to replace a discontinued model with a comparable model. Any replacement units or parts may be new or rebuilt.