Oberheim OB-X8 Polyphonic Analog Keyboard Synthesizer
12 MONTH SPECIAL FINANCING*
Applying for Financing is Quick and Easy!
- Apply: There are two easy ways to apply for financing. A credit application can be completed over the phone in a matter of minutes with a Kraft Music team member. Applications can also be completed online.
- Purchase: All financing orders are completed over the phone. Once you're approved, give us a call at 800-783-3368 to place your order! Or you can contact us and set up a time that works best for you!
Terms and Conditions
No interest if paid in full within 12 months*
On purchases of $299 or more made with your Synchrony credit card. All Yamaha products require a $499 minimum purchase amount. Interest will be charged to your account from the purchase date if the promotional purchase is not paid in full within 12 Months. Minimum monthly payments required.
*Qualifying purchase amount must be on one receipt. No interest will be charged on the promo purchase if you pay it off, in full, within the promo period. If you do not, interest will be charged on the promo purchase from the purchase date. The required minimum monthly payments may or may not pay off the promo purchase by the end of the promo period. Regular account terms apply to non-promo purchases and, after promo period ends, to the remaining promo balance. For new accounts: Purchase APR is 29.99%. Minimum interest charge is $2. Existing cardholders: See your credit card agreement terms. Subject to credit approval.
Credit is extended by Synchrony Bank.
- EARN BACK A $70 STATEMENT CREDIT***When you use you Synchrony Bank issued credit card and make a Kraft Music purchase of $899 or more.
For the first time in more than 40 years, a legendary analog synth sound returns. Oberheim OB-X8 sounds like a classic Oberheim because it is a classic Oberheim. Its 100% analog audio path cuts through a mix like no other synth. OB-X8 is more than just a new OB-series Oberheim – it's engineered to be the best modern OB ever created.
- 8-voice pure-analog polyphony
- Two discrete OB-X/SEM-lineage VCOs per voice deliver classic punchy Oberheim tone
- Enhanced unison allows variable voice stacking from 1-8 voices
- Discrete SEM-lineage VCFs deliver authentic OB-X-style tone and presence
- Genuine Curtis filters add bold OB-Xa/OB-8 character
- Additional SEM filter modes add high-pass, band-pass, and notch functions to the classic OB-X filter
- Meticulously modeled envelope responses match each OB model: OB-X, Ob-Xa, and OB-8
- Vintage knob allows variable amounts of voice-to-voice variability to emulate the behavior of vintage instruments
- Programmable per-voice pan allows wider stereo presence
- Bi-timbral capability allows two presets simultaneously for splits and doubles
- 400-plus factory programs, including the full set of factory sounds from OB-X, OB-SX, Ob-Xa and OB-8
- Over 600 user-programmable preset locations
- 61-key Fatar velocity- and touch-sensitive keyboard with channel aftertouch allows unparalleled expression and responsiveness
- Classic Oberheim Pitch and Mod levers allow expressive note bending, vibrato, and access to arpeggiator functions
- High-resolution OLED display enables patch management and easy access to advanced features
- Integral fanless, heatsink-free power supply
- Real walnut end cheeks
The audio signal path of OB-X8 is all analog, filled with warmth and punch. It's the same trademark Oberheim sound that made iconic tracks like '1999' by Prince, 'Jump' by Van Halen and 'Tom Sawyer' by Rush so unforgettable, and now it's yours to enhance your own music.
Old sounds and new sounds
The classic OB-series factory sounds that you know from countless recordings are all here, but that's just the start: Oberheim's network of world-class sound designers has created jaw-dropping new sounds just for OB-X8. And because OB-X8 has a clear and easy-to-grasp set of controls, creating your own sounds is as easy as turning a few knobs and saving what you like.
Three in one
OB-X8 combines the three different voice architectures of OB-X, OB-Xa and OB-8 into a single instrument. The individual filter types and other unique characteristics of each model have been faithfully reproduced, giving you the most authentic OB experience possible. You can even mix elements of different models to create sounds never possible with the originals. There's never been an OB-series synth as powerful and versatile.
Creating the classic OB sound required more than just replicating vintage oscillators, filters and envelopes. The Oberheim design team exhaustively analyzed and recreated the complex interactions between the various components of each OB-series synth to capture their nuances and character. The result is the most faithful, authoritative renewal of an analog classic possible — with all of the warmth, subtlety and presence of the originals.
OB insiders know about the myriad 'Page 2' functions that unlocked the hidden power of the original OB-8. For OB-X8, Oberheim has included all of the classic Page 2 parameters and created new ones for 2022, giving you direct access to 40+ nuanced controls such as additional SEM filter modes, per-voice panning, LFO keyboard tracking, mod delay time and envelope inversion, independent pulse width control and much more.
A tactile triumph
The unique design of the expression levers was integral to bringing out performances that made the OB-series synths famous. And for even greater expressiveness than the originals, OB-X8 features a premium-quality Fatar keyboard with velocity and aftertouch sensitivity. Dig in with both hands for sizzling filter sweeps, intense vibrato and more.
|Included from Manufacturer||Power cable|
|Number of Keys||61|
|Key Action||Fatar velocity- and touch-sensitive keybed with channel aftertouch|
|Programs/Presets||600+ user-programmable preset locations
400+ factory programs including sounds from OB-X, OB-SX, Ob-Xa and OB-8
|Voices of Polyphony||8|
|Oscillators per Voice||2|
|Multitimbral||2 parts with split, layer and individual volume and pan settings|
|MIDI||In, Out, Thru, USB|
|USB Port (to Host)||MIDI|
|Audio Outputs||Dual 1/4" stereo main output
Separate 1/4" mono main output
|Control Connections||1/4" sustain pedal input
1/4" volume expression pedal input
1/4" filter expression pedal input
1/4" arpeggiator clock input
|Onboard Controllers||Classic Oberheim pitch and mod levers|
|Product Weight||32.5 lb|
Oberheim Limited Warranty
Oberheim warrants that its products will be free from defects in materials and/or workmanship for one (1) year from the date of purchase.
Please register your product online at at the Oberheim website to establish the date of purchase. This is not a requirement for warranty service, but it will help expedite the warranty service process.
Please contact a Oberheim support representative to determine the best course of action for getting your product repaired. For your own protection, please do not return any product to Oberheim without a return authorization (RA) number.
If you need to return your instrument for repair, you are responsible for getting it to Oberheim. It is highly recommended that you insure your shipment and pack it in the original packaging. Damage resulting from shipping a product with insufficient packaging is not covered by this warranty.
- Ground shipping is FREE for all orders $99 and up.
- Our central, midwest location ensures fast delivery times.
- See below for transit day estimates. Please note, these are estimates and are not guaranteed.
Generally, package estimated transit days are as follows:
- Upper Midwest: 1-3 days
- Central US, South East US, and East Coast: 2-4 days
- West Central US: 3-5 days
- West Coast: 4-6 days
- Alaska & Hawaii: 7+ days