Presonus DigiMax DP88 Preamplifier and Converter
The next-generation DigiMax DP88 A/D/D/A converter is the perfect companion to expand the new PreSonus Studio 192 Studio Command Center or any professional audio interface with ADAT I/O. Building on the DigiMax legacy, PreSonus has innovated on the eight-channel A/D converter again by adding eight fully recallable, digitally controlled, analog XMAX preamps with pristine audio quality up to 96 kHz. Like its predecessors, the DigiMax DP88 provides the connectivity and flexibility to make it a perfect fit in any professional or home studio environment.
- Remote control your XMAX preamps from the front panel or from within your DAW using standard MIDI messages.
- DAC outputs expand the analog outputs of your audio interface for monitor mixes, speaker switching, and more.
- Direct A/D inputs let you connect a boutique preamp directly to the converter without repatching cables, thanks to per-channel front panel control.
- Audiophile-grade, BurrBrown analog/digital/analog converters with 118 dB dynamic range.
- 24-bit operation at 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz, 88.2 kHz, and 96 kHz sampling rates.
- Tight integration with Studio 192 Studio Command Center lets you control preamp settings from Studio One 3 or UC Surface
Only the DigiMax DP88 provides professional sound quality and feature set previously unavailable in its class: Eight digitally controlled Class A microphone preamps; top-quality Burr-Brown converters with 118 dB of dynamic range; a boast-worthy, sub-50 picosecond digital clock; and flexible connection options, like direct-to-ADC line inputs, DAC outputs, direct outputs, and DB25 or XLR mic inputs. Like the original DigiMax and its predecessors, the DigiMax DP88 is sure to be the new standard for eight-channel converters.
- Flawless analog signal path with top-quality 118 dB Burr-Brown digital conversion, and 24-bit resolution
- 8 digitally remote-controlled XMAX microphone preamps
- Expands both the inputs and outputs of any interface with ADAT I/O
- 8 channels of ADAT optical I/O at up to 96 kHz (via dual SMUX)
- Individual 48V phantom power with LED indicators
- 8 x 8-LED input metering
- 8 Balanced Direct A/D Line Level inputs (DB25)
- 8 Balanced DAC Outputs (DB25) to expand your interface outputs
- 8 Balanced Direct Outputs (DB25)
- 8 XLR Bypass Mic Inputs (DB25)
- BNC Wordclock I/O
- MIDI I/O
- Solid metal chassis
|Included from Manufacturer||MIDI I/O Break-out cable
|Digital Conversion||96 kHz|
|Audio Inputs||8 digitally controlled XMAX mic preamps with individual phantom power
8 balanced, direct A/D line-level inputs
8 channels of ADAT optical I/O
|Audio Outputs||8 balanced DAC outputs
8 balanced, direct outputs
8 channels of ADAT optical I/O
|Low-Latency Direct Monitoring||No|
|Unique Features||Burr-Brown processors offer digital conversion up to 96 kHz, and 188 dB dynamic range
Digital clock with sub-50 picosecond jitter
PreSonus Limited Warranty
PreSonus Audio Electronics, Inc., warrants this product to be free of defects in materials and workmanship for a period of one year from the date of original retail purchase. This warranty is enforceable only by the original retail purchaser. To be protected by this warranty, the purchaser must complete and return the enclosed warranty card within 14 days of purchase.
During the warranty period PreSonus shall, at its sole and absolute option, either repair or replace, free of charge, any product that proves to be defective on inspection by PreSonus or its authorized service representative. To obtain warranty service, the purchaser must first call or write PreSonus to obtain a Return Authorization Number and instructions of where to return the unit for service. All inquiries must be accompanied by a description of the problem.
All authorized returns must be sent to the PreSonus repair facility postage prepaid, insured, and properly packaged. PreSonus reserves the right to update any unit returned for repair. PreSonus reserves the right to change or improve the design of the product at any time without prior notice.
This warranty does not cover claims for damage due to abuse, neglect, alteration, or attempted repair by unauthorized personnel and is limited to failures arising during normal use that are due to defects in material or workmanship in the product. Any implied warranties, including implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, are limited in duration to the length of this limited warranty. Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitation may not apply to you.
In no event will PreSonus be liable for incidental, consequential, or other damages resulting from the breach of any express or implied warranty, including, among other things, damage to property, damage based on inconvenience or on loss of use of the product, and, to the extent permitted by law, damages for personal injury. Some states do not allow the exclusion of limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights, which vary from state to state.
This warranty only applies to products sold and used in the United States of America.