PWM Malevolent Semi-Modular Analog Synthesizer
12 MONTH SPECIAL FINANCING*
Applying for Financing is Quick and Easy!
- Apply: There are two easy ways to apply for financing. A credit application can be completed over the phone in a matter of minutes with a Kraft Music team member. Applications can also be completed online.
- Purchase: All financing orders are completed over the phone. Once you're approved, give us a call at 800-783-3368 to place your order! Or you can contact us and set up a time that works best for you!
Terms and Conditions
No interest if paid in full within 12 months*
On purchases of $299 or more made with your Synchrony credit card. All Yamaha products require a $499 minimum purchase amount. Interest will be charged to your account from the purchase date if the promotional purchase is not paid in full within 12 Months. Minimum monthly payments required.
*Qualifying purchase amount must be on one receipt. No interest will be charged on the promo purchase if you pay it off, in full, within the promo period. If you do not, interest will be charged on the promo purchase from the purchase date. The required minimum monthly payments may or may not pay off the promo purchase by the end of the promo period. Regular account terms apply to non-promo purchases and, after promo period ends, to the remaining promo balance. For new accounts: Purchase APR is 29.99%. Minimum interest charge is $2. Existing cardholders: See your credit card agreement terms. Subject to credit approval.
Credit is extended by Synchrony Bank.
PWM Malevolent is a truly analog synthesizer cohabiting with both the modular and synthesizer worlds. In addition to an extensive patch panel, it boasts multiple connectivity options including MIDI, class-compliant USB-C and analog clock. The onboard arpeggiator automatically detects and syncs to either analog or USB/MIDI clock signals.
- Pure analog signal path designed by Future Sound Systems
- Semi-modular 1/8" patch panel with 19 inputs, 19 outputs and normalized signal path
- Two voltage-controlled oscillators, each with saw, triangle and pulse outputs
- Shape control, pulse width modulation and frequency modulation
- Low-frequency oscillator with triangle and square waves
- Two ADSR envelopes with individual gate trigger inputs
- Multi-mode voltage-controlled filter with individual low pass, band pass and high pass inputs
- Two filter frequency modulation inputs with amount controls
- Mixer with noise source and external audio input with level controls
- Voltage-controlled amplifier with overdrive control
- USB/MIDI-to-1V/octave control voltage and gate conversion
- Arpeggiator with six modes including up, down, up/down (two types), played and random
- Auto clock sync to analog clock or USB/MIDI with selectable clock divisions
- Multi-function joystick control for pitch bend, performable portamento and performable vibrato
- 32 velocity-sensitive mini keys with pitch, velocity and gate outputs
- USB bus powered with included power supply
Malevolent is everything you want from a true analog design yet will sit happily in your studio with USB-C, MIDI and clock I/O for easy interfacing between digital and analog worlds.
All this is achieved without compromise on the analog side, as Malevolent has two proper VCOs derived from a 4046-based core that will sing and snarl in equal measure.
The opto-FET-controlled two-pole Sallen-Key filter will whistle and burble unlike anything you can get out of a digital model. Indeed, this is the whole point of Malevolent: it lives and breathes.
Malevolent's control joystick has variable-rate vibrato and variable-speed glide as well as pitch bend.
A fully featured arpeggiator with independent control and signal capabilities allows arp MIDI control alongside patchable signal manipulation.
Malevolent has second-to-none USB MIDI control completely separate from the analog signal path, working as a totally independent USB-to-1 volt per octave USB MIDI interface.
|Included from Manufacturer||Patch cables
USB-C to USB-A cable
USB power supply
|Number of Keys||32|
|Key Action||Synth action with velocity|
|Voices of Polyphony||Monophonic|
|Oscillators per Voice||2|
|Effects||Overdrive control in VCA|
|MIDI||In, Out, USB|
|USB Port (to Host)||MIDI|
|Audio Inputs||1/8" mono external audio input on patch panel|
|Audio Outputs||1/4" mono main output
1/8" mono mixer output on patch panel
|Control Connections||Semi-modular CV/gate patch panel with 19 inputs and 19 outputs|
|Onboard Controllers||Multi-function joystick control with pitch bend, portamento, vibrato and latching hold mode|
|Product Weight||5.8 lb|
|Unique Features||Pure analog signal path designed by Future Sound Systems
USB/MIDI-to-1V/octave control voltage and gate conversion
Auto clock sync to analog clock or USB/MIDI with selectable clock divisions
USB bus powered with included power supply
PWM Warranty Statement
Malevolent comes with a 1-year manufacturer's warranty from the date of purchase.
Please do not insert anything into the trim pot holes located just above the 1V/Oct jacks in each of Malevolent's VCO sections. These trim pots are for manufacturer and service use only. Insertion of anything into these holes will invalidate your warranty.
- Ground shipping is FREE for all orders $99 and up.
- Our central, midwest location ensures fast delivery times.
- See below for transit day estimates. Please note, these are estimates and are not guaranteed.
Generally, package estimated transit days are as follows:
- Upper Midwest: 1-3 days
- Central US, South East US, and East Coast: 2-4 days
- West Central US: 3-5 days
- West Coast: 4-6 days
- Alaska & Hawaii: 7+ days