Red Panda Context 2 Reverb Pedal
12 MONTH SPECIAL FINANCING*
Applying for Financing is Quick and Easy!
- Apply: There are two easy ways to apply for financing. A credit application can be completed over the phone in a matter of minutes with a Kraft Music team member. Applications can also be completed online.
- Purchase: All financing orders are completed over the phone. Once you're approved, give us a call at 800-783-3368 to place your order! Or you can contact us and set up a time that works best for you!
Terms and Conditions
No interest if paid in full within 12 months*
On purchases of $299 or more made with your Synchrony credit card. All Yamaha products require a $499 minimum purchase amount. Interest will be charged to your account from the purchase date if the promotional purchase is not paid in full within 12 Months. Minimum monthly payments required.
*Qualifying purchase amount must be on one receipt. No interest will be charged on the promo purchase if you pay it off, in full, within the promo period. If you do not, interest will be charged on the promo purchase from the purchase date. The required minimum monthly payments may or may not pay off the promo purchase by the end of the promo period. Regular account terms apply to non-promo purchases and, after promo period ends, to the remaining promo balance. For new accounts: Purchase APR is 29.99%. Minimum interest charge is $2. Existing cardholders: See your credit card agreement terms. Subject to credit approval.
Credit is extended by Synchrony Bank.
The Context is a reverb pedal inspired by 1980’s rack mount reverbs. It has 8 algorithms, including room, hall, cathedral, gated reverb, reverse reverb, plate, spring, and a granular reverb. Each algorithm features separate high and low frequency damping controls, pre-delay, modulation, dynamics (duck/expand), and infinite hold. In addition, delay is always available, along with tremolo in spring mode.
The modulation knob changes the amount and character of the internal reverb modulation, specific to each algorithm. It gives you a mix of different modulation types from 1980’s and early 90’s reverbs, including chorus modulation, random modulation that keeps the pitch stable, and deep modulated reverbs. Holding down the shift button adjusts the modulation rate.
Reverse reverb fades in louder and brighter over time, giving the impression of playing backwards. Modulation adds a wash of normal reverb.
The spring reverb was designed using the techniques and algorithms that were used in 1980’s reverbs, but with enough DSP power to drip and feel like a spring tank. You can adjust the length of the decay, high and low frequency damping. The modulation is tremolo with adjustable intensity and speed.
Grain mode is a granular reverb inspired by the Ursa Major SST-282 Space Station. The SST-282 was released in 1978 and used multiple delay taps with modulation to create reverb effects. The Context can create ghostly reverb effects, slowly sweeping resonances, and at higher modulation settings is a multi-voice granular processor that creates clouds of detuned sound fragments for entirely new reverb sounds.
When the shift button is held down, the top row of knobs adjust delay parameters. The low and high damping knobs adjust dynamics for ducking reverb or an expander for more reverb on louder notes, with adjustable threshold and recovery time. Holding down the foot switches gives you two different types of infinite sustain.
One preset available on the left footswitch, 4 using a remote footswitch, and 127 via MIDI. The expression pedal can be assigned to any combination of parameters. We also have a web-based editor for tweaking and managing your presets.
- ROOM - fast buildup, good for thickening sounds
- HALL - slower buildup with longer initial delay
- CATH(edral) - emulates a large, reflective space
- GATE(d) - gated reverb with non-linear decay
- REV(erse) - reverse reverb
- PLATE - bright, dense studio plate reverb
- SPRING - spring reverb
- GRAIN - granular reverb
- BLEND - wet/dry blend (to 100% wet)
- PRE - predelay
- DECAY - reverb decay
- HI - high-frequency damping
- LO - low-frequency damping
- MOD - modulation amount and character
- BAL - reverb/delay balance
- DELAY - delay time
- FDBK - delay feedback
- v-o-^ - dynamics ducking/off/expander and recovery time
- /\-_-_ - dynamics threshold
- RATE - modulation rate
New in version 2
The Room, Hall, Cathedral, Gated, and Plate reverb algorithms are updated versions of the Context version 1 reverbs, but now delay is available in all modes. They also have separate low and high damping controls with more range, modulation, dynamics, and infinite hold. The update also adds stereo input/output, TRS and USB MIDI, fully assignable expression pedal.
|Effects||8 Reverb Algorithms|
|Patches / Programs||Room, Hall, Cathedral, Gated, Reverse, Plate, Spring, Grain|
|Audio Inputs||1/4" TRS|
|Audio Outputs||1/4" TRS|
|Pedal Switches||2 (Preset/Save, On/Trails)|
|On-Board Expression Pedal||No|
|Control Connections||1/4" TRS MIDI|
|Power Adaptor||9V 250 mA center negative (sold separately).|
- Ground shipping is FREE for all orders $99 and up.
- Our central, midwest location ensures fast delivery times.
- See below for transit day estimates. Please note, these are estimates and are not guaranteed.
Generally, package estimated transit days are as follows:
- Upper Midwest: 1-3 days
- Central US, South East US, and East Coast: 2-4 days
- West Central US: 3-5 days
- West Coast: 4-6 days
- Alaska & Hawaii: 7+ days