Roland Aira Compact T-8 Beat Machine
Create infectious tracks in seconds flat with Roland Aira Compact T-8 Beat Machine, a miniature rhythm factory loaded with legendary Roland TR drums plus bass from the inimitable TB-303. Craft on-the-fly acid jams or trap bangers with the intuitive 16-step sequencer, shape sounds with onboard controls and flip and dice beats with hands-on tools that stimulate ideas and put the fun back into your flow.
- Ultra-portable rhythm and bass machine with genuine Roland sounds
- Six rhythm tracks with sounds from the influential TR-808, TR-909 and TR-606 drum machines
- Bass track with sawtooth/square waveforms and hands-on controls derived from TB-303 Bass Line
- Analog Circuit Behavior (ACB) technology faithfully recreates the tonality and behavior of vintage Roland instruments
- Classic TR-REC drum sequencer with 64 user patterns and up to 32 steps each
- Advanced rhythm programming with probability, sub step, last step and velocity
- Realtime recording and powerful performance features like step loop, mute, fill, reload and pattern shift
- Color and process sounds with delay, reverb, overdrive and sidechain compression
- Comprehensive connectivity with audio, MIDI and sync I/O plus Aira Link
- Class-compliant USB-C audio/MIDI interface – no drivers needed
- Lithium-ion battery with up to 4.5 hours of operation per charge
- Sturdy construction and high-quality rubber pads
- Connect to other Aira Compacts and standard MIDI devices with TRS MIDI cables (sold separately)
Build beats with the boom, pop and sizzle of sounds from Roland TR-808, TR-909 and TR-606 drum machines, paired with the shapeshifting low end of the dynamic TB-303 Bass Line. T-8 exudes classic Roland character, thanks to the same Analog Circuit Behavior (ACB) tech found in TR-8S, TB-3 and other high-end Aira gear.
Loaded with comprehensive I/O, T-8 is ready to be the rhythmic centerpiece of any electronic music setup. Connect and sync with other Aira Compacts like J-6 Chord Synthesizer and E-4 Voice Tweaker. Or interface with computer DAW, mobile music apps and hardware instruments via USB-C or MIDI.
Seven tracks of inspiration
T-8 features six drum tracks and one bass track brought together with a friendly interface for fast recording and hands-on tweaks. Capture and fire off 64 patterns with up to 32 steps each and shape sounds and control parts as you go with an array of dedicated knobs and buttons.
Classic workflow, modernized
Backed by the TR-REC step sequencer loved by beatmakers since the 1980s, T-8 makes it simple to develop ideas without ever stopping the action. Realtime recording, sub steps and velocity further expand the programming power at your fingers. And with deep features like step loop, pattern shift and probability, it's easy to deliver dynamic performances with constantly evolving grooves.
T-8 delivers an authentic TB-303 bass experience, including the tactile power to squeeze, squelch and mangle sounds in the moment. Record notes, accents and slides with traditional step-based input, or play in parts live with the bottom-row buttons or an external MIDI keyboard.
Create grit, space and vibe with T-8's high-quality effects. Dirty up rhythms and bass with some meaty overdrive and keep the beats pumping with sidechain compression. And with dedicated delay and reverb knobs, you can add all sorts of spatial colors to grooves as you perform.
Everywhere at once
Instilling big sound in an ultra-compact instrument, T-8 lets you play and perform wherever and whenever you please. The lithium-ion battery keeps you going for up to 4.5 hours per charge, and rugged Roland build quality will fuel beatmaking adventures for years to come.
|Included from Manufacturer||USB-C to USB-A cable|
|Programs/Presets||Drum sounds from Roland TR-808, TR-909 and TR-606 drum machines
Sawtooth and square wave bass sounds from Roland TB-303
|Voices of Polyphony||7|
|Oscillators per Voice||Varies by Sound Engine|
|Sequencer||64 user patterns
32 steps per pattern
6 rhythm parts and 1 bass part
Advanced rhythm programming with probability, sub step, last step and velocity
|MIDI||In, Out, USB|
|USB Port (to Host)||MIDI, Audio, System Updates|
|Audio Inputs||1/8" stereo input|
|Audio Outputs||1/8" stereo output|
|Control Connections||1/8" sync input
1/8" sync output
|Product Weight||11 oz.|
|Unique Features||Realtime recording and powerful performance features like step loop, mute, fill, reload and pattern shift
Lithium-ion battery with up to 4.5 hours of operation per charge
Roland Limited Warranty
This product is warranted to be free from defects in material and workmanship under normal use for a period of one (1) year for parts and and ninety (90) days for labor from the date of purchase.
- Ground shipping is FREE for all orders $99 and up.
- Our central, midwest location ensures fast delivery times.
- See below for transit day estimates. Please note, these are estimates and are not guaranteed.
Generally, package estimated transit days are as follows:
- Upper Midwest: 1-3 days
- Central US, South East US, and East Coast: 2-4 days
- West Central US: 3-5 days
- West Coast: 4-6 days
- Alaska & Hawaii: 7+ days