Roland AIRA System-8 Plug-Out Synthesizer
18 MONTH SPECIAL FINANCING*
Applying for Financing is Quick and Easy!
- Apply: There are two easy ways to apply for financing. A credit application can be completed over the phone in a matter of minutes with a Kraft Music team member. Applications can also be completed online.
- Purchase: All financing orders are completed over the phone. Once you're approved, give us a call at 800-783-3368 to place your order! Or you can contact us and set up a time that works best for you!
Terms and Conditions
No interest if paid in full within 18 months*
On select brands purchased with your Synchrony credit card. Interest will be charged to your account from the purchase date if the promotional purchase is not paid in full within 18 Months. Minimum monthly payments required. No minimum purchase price unless stated.
*Qualifying purchase amount must be on one receipt. No interest will be charged on the promo purchase if you pay it off, in full, within the promo period. If you do not, interest will be charged on the promo purchase from the purchase date. The required minimum monthly payments may or may not pay off the promo purchase by the end of the promo period. Regular account terms apply to non-promo purchases and, after promo period ends, to the remaining promo balance. For new accounts: Purchase APR is 29.99%. Minimum interest charge is $2. Existing cardholders: See your credit card agreement terms. Subject to credit approval.
Credit is extended by Synchrony Bank.
- EARN BACK A $70 STATEMENT CREDIT***When you use you Synchrony Bank issued credit card and make a Kraft Music purchase of $899 or more.
Powerful and deep, Roland System-8 delivers a vast palette of sounds inspired by over four decades of legendary Roland synths. Its next-gen Analog Circuit Behavior (ACB) engine powers an eight-voice, three-oscillator monster with stunning filters and effects, highly versatile LFOs and a massive array of high-resolution knobs and sliders to control it all. Support for three Plug-Out synths means System-8 can host spot-on recreations of numerous Roland classics. Split and layer synths for unheard-of sounds and tap into the integrated vocoder, arpeggiator, CV/Gate outs and advanced polyphonic step sequencer to fuel endless creative explorations.
- Versatile performance synthesizer with advanced ACB technology and 49 full-size keys
- Internal sound engine delivers classic analog tones and dynamic modern sounds with analog vibe
- Hosts up to three Plug-Out synths
- Advanced low pass, high pass and side-band filters with high resolution controls
- Special Jupiter-8 and Juno-106 filters
- Formant and harmonic filters
- Massive realtime control with dedicated knobs, sliders and buttons
- Polyphonic step sequencer with classic TR-REC x0x-style interface
- Arpeggio, vocoder and polyphonic chord memory functions
- CV/gate outputs for interfacing with modular synths and vintage gear
- Large selection of onboard effects with hands-on controls
- USB audio/MIDI interface and control surface mode
Advanced sound engine
Roland's acclaimed Analog Circuit Behavior approach accurately recreates historic analog sounds with forward-thinking technology. System-8 is equipped with the most advanced ACB engine yet, which offers eight voices of polyphony, three oscillators (including a sub-oscillator option) and silky-smooth filters with ultra-detailed resolution. It's easy to dial up warm pads, fat basses, expressive lead tones and more, all inspired by the rich sonic character of the legendary System series. Reaching beyond the retro vibe, the versatile System-8 is also capable of producing crisp, dynamic tones and evocative textures that are ideal for modern sound designers.
In addition to its impressive internal sound engine, System-8 features three expansion slots for hosting and controlling Roland's Plug-Out software synths. Using System-8's performance mode, you're able to combine the internal synth engine and hosted Plug-Outs to create super-synth patches with layered voices, custom splits and more.
Maximum sonic control
With its comprehensive interface, System-8 offers countless ways to shape sounds and discover new ones. The panel is packed with direct-access controls for dynamic sound creation and live performance expression. Many hi-res filter types are available courtesy of the advanced ACB engine, including a powerful side-band filter inherited from Roland's influential V-Synth as well as special Jupiter-8 and Juno-106 filters. Tons of top-notch effects are on hand for adding character and ambience, from overdrive, distortion and fuzz to delay, chorus, reverb and more. And just like the numerous synth parameters, the effects have grab-and-go controls that make it simple to enhance sounds as you play.
Designed to inspire, System-8 is filled with intuitive performance tools to spark your creativity. The 64-step sequencer features a familiar TR-REC style interface and dedicated controls to record, play and manipulate loop sequences in real time. While building your sequences you can capture single notes or full chords, as well as all your knob and slider moves. The arpeggio function is equipped with quick-access knobs for switching patterns and styles as you play, while chord memory allows you to trigger polyphonic note stacks with a single key. System-8 even has an advanced vocoder built in, offering another expressive option for delivering unique and memorable synth performances.
USB and CV/gate
While System-8 excels as a performance instrument, it easily integrates with your production software and external gear. The synth functions as a USB audio/MIDI interface for your DAW and the 49 full-size keys provide a responsive, great-feeling keyboard for recording MIDI tracks. There's even a control surface mode for using the System-8's knobs, sliders and buttons with your soft synths. And with the built-in CV/gate outputs you can send note/pitch data from the synth engine and step sequencer to trigger your modular synths and retro gear.
|Included from Manufacturer||Power Supply|
|Number of Keys||49|
|Key Action||Synth action with velocity|
|Programs/Presets||64 patch storage locations
64 performance storage locations
|Voices of Polyphony||8 voices (voice count may vary for Plug-Out synthesizers)|
|Oscillators per Voice||Varies by Sound Engine|
|Sequencer||64 steps, sequences are saved per patch|
|Internal Storage Capacity||Patch: 64 (8 memories × 8 banks, per one model)
Performance: 64 (8 memories × 8 banks)
|Audio File Playback||No|
|MIDI||In, Out, USB|
|USB Port (to Host)||MIDI, Audio, Editor/Librarian/Patch Manager|
|Audio Inputs||1/4" L/Mono R
|Audio Outputs||1/4" Headphones
1/4" L/Mono R
USB tybe B Audio
|Control Connections||1/4" pedal (hold, control) jacks|
|Expansion||Hosts up to three Plug-Out synths|
|Product Weight||13 lbs. 1oz.|
|Unique Features||CV/Gate outputs for interfacing with modular synths and vintage gear|
Roland Limited Warranty
This product is warranted to be free from defects in material and workmanship under normal use for a period of one (1) year for parts and and ninety (90) days for labor from the date of purchase.
- Ground shipping is FREE for all orders $99 and up.
- Our central, midwest location ensures fast delivery times.
- See below for transit day estimates. Please note, these are estimates and are not guaranteed.
Generally, package estimated transit days are as follows:
- Upper Midwest: 1-3 days
- Central US, South East US, and East Coast: 2-4 days
- West Central US: 3-5 days
- West Coast: 4-6 days
- Alaska & Hawaii: 7+ days