ROLI BLOCKS Live Block
BLOCKS, Create music
Part of the ROLI BLOCKS system, the Live Block makes it easier to perform music in real time with BLOCKS. Its controls let you switch scales and octaves, play chords and arpeggios, sustain notes, and cycle through sounds. The Block creates shortcuts to functions that make your musical performances more expressive, so you can spend more time improvising and less time navigating software menus.
The Live Block works with the Lightpad Block, the 5D MIDI controller that is the centerpiece of the ROLI BLOCKS system. The Blocks connect magnetically to create a customized music studio and can be expanded by adding the Loop Block, which helps music production.
The Live Block, Loop Block, and Lightpad Block are powered by NOISE, a free iOS app that doubles as a high-powered soft synth. NOISE connects to Live Block wirelessly via MIDI over Bluetooth.
- Physically connects to ROLI’s Lightpad Block and Loop Block through magnetized BLOCKS DNA connectors
- Wirelessly connects to ROLI’s Lightpad Block and Loop Block through Bluetooth
- Use the Scale button to choose from 15 musical scales including major, minor, Blues and Japanese
- Conveniently move between octaves using the Octave button
- Press the Chord button and play a chord by pressing a single note
- Press the Arp button and play an arpeggio by pressing a single note
- Let a note linger by pressing the Sustain button
- Handheld design measuring 1.8" by 3.7" fits neatly in a pocket
- Charges through connection to other Blocks
|Included from Manufacturer|
|Number of Keys||None|
|Control Connections||6 BLOCKS DNA connectors|
|Unique Features||Bluetooth LE|
Roli Limited Warranty
For goods purchased in the United States and where otherwise permitted by law, ROLI warrants the Products will be free of defects in materials and manufacture under normal use for one year ('Limited One Year Warranty'). The Limited One Year Warranty term begins on the date of purchase from an authorized ROLI reseller; and proof of purchase in the form of a receipt may be required.
You may have statutory rights under consumer laws and the laws of your country or state that give you greater rights than our Limited One Year Warranty described above. Accordingly, the ROLI Limited One Year Warranty is in addition to, and not instead of, your statutory rights. Further information on your rights as a consumer is available from your local Citizens’ Advice Bureau or Trading Standards (or your state or country equivalent).
The Limited One Year Warranty will be conditioned on proper use of this product. ROLI shall repair the Products or replace them free of charge with a functional equivalent Product that is new or refurbished at ROLI’s discretion on condition that:
- Reasonable care had been taken of the Product, and they have only been subjected to reasonable wear and tear
- The fault has not been caused or contributed to by willfully or negligently caused damage or any accident whilst in your control or through exposure to environmental conditions harmful to the Products, or by third party software or hardware, which had not been supplied by ROLI, loaded onto or connected to the Products
- The part which develops the fault has not been previously modified or repaired by any third party
- The fault did not occur in transit as a result of inadequate packaging or protection. This includes a failure to use the supplied soft shell case for day-to-day transportation, or an appropriate additional flight case for situations where the Products are likely to be subjected to physical duress
- The fault or damage has been caused after the date of delivery of the Products to you as a result of a failure on your part, or on the part of your representatives to use the case provided to you by ROLI Ltd. to store and to transport the Products
ROLI’s Obligation to repair does not apply to:
- Parts which are not critical to the Product’s functionality
- Damages caused by improper installation or improper connection to any peripheral
- Damages caused by any unintended use of the supplied power adaptor or use of a third party adaptor or use of any parts not supplied or sold by ROLI
- Products purchased by anyone other than ROLI or an authorized reseller
- Modifications to the product not authorized by ROLI
- Products that have the serial number removed or made illegible
- Cosmetic features of the Products
- Normal cosmetic and mechanical wear
If eligible, ROLI will repair the Products using parts which are new, or equivalent to new in accordance with industry standards and practice. ROLI will bear all costs related to collection, shipping and delivery of Products for the purpose of repair.
You will own all replacement parts. ROLI shall own any Products and/or parts that are replaced pursuant to this Limited One Year Warranty, and, if requested by ROLI or an approved distributor, you must return them to ROLI. The costs of returning such removed parts or replaced Products will be borne by ROLI.
ROLI will pass to you, to the extent permitted, the benefit of any warranty or guarantee given by the manufacturer or supplier of Third Party Products or Third Party Software. Without prejudice to your rights against ROLI, ROLI may therefore ask Third Party Products manufacturers and/or Third Party Software licensors to fulfill their obligations to you under such warranties and guarantees and seek to ensure that such manufacturers and/or licensors do so with reasonable skill and care and within a reasonable period of time.