Sherman Filterbank 2x2 Double Rack
12 MONTH SPECIAL FINANCING*
Applying for Financing is Quick and Easy!
- Apply: There are two easy ways to apply for financing. A credit application can be completed over the phone in a matter of minutes with a Kraft Music team member. Applications can also be completed online.
- Purchase: All financing orders are completed over the phone. Once you're approved, give us a call at 800-783-3368 to place your order! Or you can contact us and set up a time that works best for you!
Terms and Conditions
No interest if paid in full within 12 months*
On purchases of $299 or more made with your Synchrony credit card. All Yamaha products require a $499 minimum purchase amount. Interest will be charged to your account from the purchase date if the promotional purchase is not paid in full within 12 Months. Minimum monthly payments required.
*Qualifying purchase amount must be on one receipt. No interest will be charged on the promo purchase if you pay it off, in full, within the promo period. If you do not, interest will be charged on the promo purchase from the purchase date. The required minimum monthly payments may or may not pay off the promo purchase by the end of the promo period. Regular account terms apply to non-promo purchases and, after promo period ends, to the remaining promo balance. For new accounts: Purchase APR is 29.99%. Minimum interest charge is $2. Existing cardholders: See your credit card agreement terms. Subject to credit approval.
Credit is extended by Synchrony Bank.
A huge list of major producers already use the Sherman Filterbank. Why? Because no plug-in sounds like this!
These days, the market is overwhelmed with DSP gear. Secondhand analog stuff is hard to find and even harder to maintain. Sherman offers you the Filterbank, which is basically a small modular synth that includes two multimode filters with an external audio input instead of oscillators. The box is equipped with 23 rotating knobs, a rotary and 6 toggle switches, 7 indicators, and 11 jack connections plus 5 MIDI sockets on the rear side. No analog machine on the market contains so many features in just one handy box!
The main idea behind the Filterbank is that the sound of an analog synth is determined by the filter and the VCA; the reason for the absence of an oscillator is because nowadays there are plenty of sound sources. The architecture of this Sherman is based on filters and VCAs—they shape the sound. It's the missing link in your setup!
The Filterbank incorporates a lot more than just a low pass filter and a normal VCA. The wide-range knobs allow you to go 'over the top' like you've always wanted to but never could. The VCAs are specially designed to achieve tube overdrive behavior. Once familiar with a Sherman you will fully understand what it means to have no limitations in sound shaping. Beware: the Sherman user group is one that you can enter, but never leave!
The Sherman Filterbank feels at home in a variety of surroundings. If you're lucky enough to possess a modular system, the Sherman will be your favorite module. It is patchable at any point in your modular chain and will provide simply exquisite filtered and overdriven sound. Connections may also include trigger and voltage signals in both directions. Wipe the dust off your old FM synth, as the Sherman Filterbank generates nice results with this type of signal. Even a simple sawtooth will be enough to discover new, amazing sounds at the turn of a knob.
The Sherman Filterbank is an analog synthesizer with no competition in its price class. In any studio it's the most inspiring effect unit of all. From precise equalizing on critical tracks to brain-frying filter sweeps, you always have total control. The knobs have different colors to guide you quickly. Get a hands-on feel and just keep kicking the sonic energy in this pure analog machine, over and over again.
It's no wonder many engineers become real Sherman Filterbank addicts. Guitar and bass players will discover a whole new dimension in the creation of their personal sound; what's more, without giving up their familiar way of performing they will find an updated place in today's sound world.
Filterbank's input sensitivity is a perfect line level adjuster up to the middle position; there it becomes more sensitive, up to overdrive with microphone level. Plug in a mic and enjoy processing any acoustic sound source. Drums and percussion can trigger the ADSR and AR generators, or you can apply their dynamics via the envelope follower, e.g., to a string pad passing through the Filterbank. In the meantime, MIDI out will send out the acoustic triggering in a very accurately timed way for later re-use or for direct triggering of another Filterbank. Simple, but more useful in practice than you might think. Not happy with the internal filter sound of your sampler? Sherman Filterbank is the cure, providing the nice velvet feel of a rotating knob for each parameter included!
Sherman is small company founded in 1988 by musician and producer Herman Gillis. Although his passion for electronics dates back to his childhood, it wasn't until 1995 that he decided to market his gear. All the features of the Filterbank are basically the 'best of' many earlier experiments. Such a long development time is rather unusual these days!
Every unit is finished, adjusted and checked with care. The small overhead costs and the lack of a huge marketing budget make the Sherman a good value-for-money tool. The heavy duty steel case is of high quality and finish: as your music deserves quality sound shaping, your eyes and fingers have the right to pleasure, too. You get the power of a real modular system in a compact box, your inspiring friend in studio or on stage.
- 2X2 Rack version puts two individual Filterbank 2 units into one rackmountable enclosure and moves all jack connections and MIDI sockets to the front of the unit
- The two individual Filterbank 2 units in the 2X2 Rack can be run independently or linked
- The specs of an individual Filterbank 2 are as follows:
- A powerful analog filtering and distortion unit with a huge frequency range and killer tube-style overdrive behavior
- An affordable small modular filter, easy and fun to use both live and in the studio
- Application: processing every sound source, effect mixing, expanding modular systems, etc.
- Independent low pass, band pass and high pass filters with resonance, frequency and bipolar ADSR envelope controls
- The two filters are switchable between parallel or serial
- The second filter has a 6 octave switch, and is synchronizable with the first filter
- ADSR generator with an external output for use with more Filterbanks or modular systems, triggered by the incoming signal, by a second sound source or by a gate
- FM input for the filters, usable with internal or external audio, LFO or CV
- VCA overdrive with separate AR generator
- Ring modulator input, usable with internal or external audio, LFO or CV
|Included from Manufacturer||Power Supply|
Independent low pass, band pass and high pass filters with resonance, frequency and ADSR (positive - negative) controls
1/4" - Signal In
1/4" - Link In
1/4" - Main Out
1/4" - Out 1
1/4" - Link Out
|On-Board Expression Pedal||No|
Trigger ADSR In
Trigger AR In
MIDI In, Out, 3xThru
|Unique Features||Switchable between parallel or serial
Second filter has a 6 octave switch, and is synchronizable with the first filter
ADSR generator for filters
Sherman Productions Limited Warranty
Sherman products are warranted to be free from defects in materials or workmanship for a period of two (2) years after the date of purchase.
If warranty repair service is necessary, the customer will be responsible for any costs related to shipping the product to Sherman Productions as well as post-repair return shipping.
- Ground shipping is FREE for all orders $99 and up.
- Our central, midwest location ensures fast delivery times.
- See below for transit day estimates. Please note, these are estimates and are not guaranteed.
Generally, package estimated transit days are as follows:
- Upper Midwest: 1-3 days
- Central US, South East US, and East Coast: 2-4 days
- West Central US: 3-5 days
- West Coast: 4-6 days
- Alaska & Hawaii: 7+ days