Source Audio Ultrawave Bass Multiband Processor Overdrive/Tremolo Effects Pedal
Source Audio Ultrawave Bass Multiband Processor explores the ground-shaking potential of advance overdrive and tremolo effects with electric bass. At Ultrawave's core is a dynamic and multi-dimensional approach known as multiband processing. This process splits the frequency spectrum of a guitar or synthesizer into multiple discrete frequency bands specially tuned for bass and equips each band with its own array of adjustable parameters.
- 37 different band-splitting options: these options include single, 2, 3, 4, 8 and 10 bands with each band-splitting option having several sub-sets with different band-splitting frequency points
- 44 different distortion types: choose from distortion/overdrive/fuzz types that include tube, diode, foldback, negative flip diode, octave up and more
- Dual-channel compressor/expander: features include input gain, threshold, ratio, attack, release, frequency isolation, output gain controls with a detailed graphic monitor and the ability to place the compressor/expander before or after the overdrive module
- Growing library of published presets: for quick and easy access to a world of great tones, try sampling sounds from a vast collection of published presets created by the Source Audio team and the ever-growing Ultrawave Neuro community
- Stereo inputs and outputs: create two entirely different presets and run them in series, parallel or run each to a separate output or use the channel sync options and phase offset control to create stereo ping-pong tremolo effects
- Detailed LFO controls: use the LFO module to control Ultrawave's tremolo, morphing or ring mod features with standard sine wave or attack/release controls to create highly customized LFO shapes
- Sound morphing: change from one sound to another with an expression pedal, envelope follower or LFO
- 8-band graphic equalizer
- Adjustable noise gate
- Assignable knobs: reassign all four of Ultrawave's knobs to the parameters most useful for making quick onstage changes and save a different set of knob assignments for every preset
- External expression pedal control: make simultaneous, on-the-fly changes to up to three parameters with an external expression pedal
- 6 toggle switch-accessible presets: quickly access up to 6 pedal presets with Ultrawave's toggle switch
- MIDI capable: connect Ultrawave to the Source Audio Neuro Hub, access up to 128 presets with MIDI program change (PC) messages, control many of the pedal's parameters with MIDI continuous controller (CC) messages and sync LFO modulation speed to MIDI clock
- USB port: the USB port provides access to deep editing possibilities and firmware updates Neuro Desktop Editor, and USB MIDI allows Ultrawave to work as a plug-and-play device with recording software running on macOS and Windows
- Universal bypass: select either analog buffered or relay-based true bypass
- Compact design: the durable, anodized aluminum housing has a small footprint and sturdy hardware
In the case of overdrive, Ultrawave Bass splits the incoming signal and provides separate drive and output level controls for each individual band. The result is a thick and rich distortion with loads of unique overtones and dynamic interplay. Split the signal into 1, 2, 3, 4, 8 or 10 frequency bands and apply any of the band-splitting options to an exciting collection of overdrive types, including tube, diode, foldback, octave up, negative flip diode and more.
Ultrawave Bass also has an incredible companion collection of innovative sound processing blocks to take sound creation into vast new directions. These are found in the free Neuro desktop editor software for macOS/Windows) and Neuro mobile app for iOS/Android. All presets created in the Neuro editors can be loaded directly to the pedal, saved to a personal, cloud-based preset library and published to the Neuro community to be easily accessed by other Ultrawave owners.
The dual-channel compressor block includes studio-level controls that can be placed before or after the drive circuits. The multiband tremolo block provides individual control of each band's tremolo depth, rate and start time as well as its LFO wave shape. Changing the LFO wave shape and varying the tremolo start times of each frequency band creates fantastically propulsive sounds reminiscent of sequencer or arpeggiator effects.
The LFO's ring mod option creates waves of retro/futuristic industrialism. The morph feature explores the marvelous potential of sound morphing, which allows bassists to smoothly transition from one super-charged tone to another with an external expression pedal, LFO or envelope follower.
Ultrawave Bass also has advanced stereo features that can send entirely different drive effects to each of the outputs for a wide stereo field, place the effect in two places in a signal chain or generate mind-spinning, ping-pong tremolo effects. Plug in, turn up and explore the wonders of multiband processing built on over a decade of refinement and experimentation.
|Included from Manufacturer||Power supply
1/8" to 1/4" cable for Neuro mobile app connection
Compressor/expander can be placed before or after overdrive
8-band graphic equalizer
|Patches / Programs||6 onboard presets
128 presets accessible via MIDI
|Audio Inputs||Dual 1/4" inputs with mono or stereo operation
Input 2 also used for Neuro app data input
|Audio Outputs||Dual 1/4" outputs with mono or stereo operation|
|Pedal Switches||Main stomp switch engages or bypasses the pedal
Hold while bypassed to switch preset banks
|Control Connections||1/8" configurable control input|
|Power Adaptor||Included 9V DC center negative, barrel positive plug, 2.1mm inner diameter, 5.5mm outer diameter|
|Height||1.46" body height
2" total height including knobs and switch
|Product Weight||0.625 lb|
|Unique Features||Extensive control and preset management via free Neuro desktop app for macOS/Windows or mobile app for iOS/Android|
Source Audio Limited Transferrable Warranty
Source Audio, LLC (hereinafter 'Source Audio') warrants that your new Source Audio One Series Collider Delay+Reverb, when purchased at an authorized Source Audio dealer in the United States of America, shall be free from defects in materials and workmanship under normal use for a period of two (2) years from the date of purchase by the original purchaser.
Under this Limited Warranty, Source Audio's sole obligation and the purchaser's sole remedy shall be repair, replacement, or upgrade, at Source Audio's sole discretion, of any product that, if properly used and maintained, proves to be defective upon inspection by Source Audio. Source Audio reserves the right to update any unit returned for repair and to change or improve the design of the product at any time without notice. Source Audio reserves the right to use reconditioned parts and assemblies as warranty replacements for authorized repairs. Any product repaired, replaced, or upgraded pursuant to this Limited Warranty will be warranted for the remainder of the original warranty period.
This Limited Warranty is extended to the original retail purchaser. This Limited Warranty can be transferred to anyone who may subsequently purchase this product provided that such transfer is made within the applicable warranty period and Source Audio is provided with all of the following information: (i) all warranty registration information (as set forth on the registration card) for the new owner, (ii) proof of the transfer, within thirty (30) days of the transfer, and (iii) a photocopy of the original sales receipt. Warranty coverage shall be determined by Source Audio in its sole discretion. This is your sole warranty. Source Audio does not authorize any third party, including any dealer or sales representatives, to assume any liability on behalf of Source Audio or to make any warranty on behalf of Source Audio.
Source Audio may, at its option, require proof of the original purchase date in the form of a dated copy of the original authorized dealer's invoice or sales receipt. Service and repairs of Source Audio products are to be performed only at the Source Audio factory or a Source Audio authorized service center. Prior to service or repair under this Limited Warranty, the purchaser must request from Source Audio a return authorization.