Studio Electronics Charcot Circles is the first eurorack collaboration between Studio Electronics and eowave, a 16×8 step sequencer that can be used as an 8×16 step track preset (8 CVs & gates), 4×32 (4 CVs & gates), 2×64 (2 CVs & gates) and 1×128 step track preset (1 CV, 1 gate).
- Module controls
- NOTES pad: tap on or off to arm notes. 1/8 notes are on the outside circle, 1/16 notes on the inner. Press and hold a step and then turn the center encoder to change that step's pitch. Use the NOTES pad to set track length by pressing and holding the last note/step desired. Press any of the 16 touch pads (steps) to set the last step in a sequence.
- VEL pad: sets velocity value. Press and hold a step and then turn the center encoder to change that step's velocity.
- LENGTH pad: sets the length of sustain of an individual step. Press and hold a step and then turn the center encoder to set that step's length.
- REGRIG pad: sets the number of times a step will be repeated. Press and hold a step and then turn the center encoder to set the number of retrigs/repeats.
- TOUCH pad: pressure-sensitive 'key' mode, like a stepping Theremin.
- KEY pad: allows individual control of notes which sustain while pressed, letting you 'walk through' your sequence without clock/tempo. Also sets note range and last step for track 1 — select one of the 16 pads for the start note and another for the end.
- GLOBAL pad: Use to set various global parameters:
- > sequence plays in forward direction.
- < sequence plays in backward direction.
- <> sequence plays back and forth in 'pendulum' direction.
- RND sequence plays randomly.
- TUNE tunes the CV output. Hold the pad and then turn the center encoder to adjust global tuning.
- SCALE sets one of sixteen scales, with the default being chromatic.
- LEGATO sets the legato. Only legato notes will glide.
- GLIDE on, off and speed. Hold the pad and then turn the center encoder to adjust glide time.
- CHAN sets the base MIDI channel. You can only change the base MIDI channel; successive tracks increment upwards from there.
- SYNC syncs sequencer to external clock.
- SHUFFLE pad: sets swing before or after note.
- LOAD pad: loads preset into RAM by turning center encoder or selecting preset.
- SAVE pad: saves presets to 256 locations, in 8 banks of 16 presets each.
- BANK pad: selects banks 1 through 8.
- TRK PLAY pad: selects which tracks are played together or not — sets the editing/performance mode for tracks: enable, mute or edit.
- RND TRK pad: sub-function of NOTES mode, randomizes entire sequence not just direction. Successive presses produce ever more chaotic results (while in NOTES mode).
- CLEAR pad: sub-function of NOTES mode, clears the active preset's tracks (while in NOTES mode).
- TRACK pad: selects track to be edited on outer circle—mute track on inner circle.
- TRANSP pad: each pressure pad transposes key, or turning center encoder in TRANSPOSE mode changes key.
- SHIFT button: press and hold to select feature set mode.
- PLAY button: plays the active sequence.
- Patch points
- CV IN input: control voltage input.
- CLOCK IN input: clock source can be a square wave or gate signal (positive logic).
- RESET IN input: positive voltage resets the sequencer to the first step.
- CLOCK: outputs a pulse per step, with the default setting 1/16 notes. In NOTE mode, press SHIFT and PLAY together and then turn the center encoder to clock divide the master tempo.
- RESET: positive reset voltage output.
- VEL: note/step level velocity output.
- GATE: 0/+5v trigger output.
- CV: control voltage output.
- Physical specifications
- Size: 26hp
- Module depth: 39.7mm (with ribbon cable attached)
- Power usage: 85 mA @ +12V, 10 mA @ -12V
|Included from Manufacturer|
|Depth||39.7mm (with ribbon cable attached)|
|Module Power Usage||85mA @ +12V
10mA @ -12V
|Unique Features||Add additional CV/gate outputs with optional BBOX breakout box interface (sold separately). Up to two BBOXes can be connected to a single Charcot Circles module.|
Studio Electronics / Analogia Inc. Limited Warranty
Studio Electronics / Analogia Inc. ('Analogia Inc.') warrants only to the original purchaser of this product from a Analogia Inc.-authorized reseller or distributor that this product will be free from defects in material and workmanship under normal use and service for one year after date of purchase.
Analogia Inc. reserves the right, before having any obligation under this limited warranty, to inspect the damaged Analogia Inc. product, and costs of shipping the Analogia Inc. product to Analogia Inc. for inspection shall be shared between purchaser and manufacturer: purchaser pays for shipping to Analogia Inc.; Analogia Inc. covers shipping costs back to purchaser.
In order to recover under this limited warranty, purchaser must make claim to Analogia Inc. within 30 days of occurrence of problem, and must present acceptable proof of original ownership: original receipt, warranty card registration, on-line registration, or other documentation Analogia Inc. deems acceptable. Analogia Inc., at its option, shall repair or replace the defective unit covered by this warranty. Please retain the dated sales receipt/invoice as evidence of the original purchaser's date of purchase. You will need it for warranty service. In order to keep this limited warranty in effect, the product must have been handled and used as carefully prescribed in the instructions accompanying the product.
This limited warranty does not cover any damage due to accident, misuse, abuse or negligence, whether willful or otherwise. This limited warranty is valid only if the product is used with the equipment specified in said equipment's manual or on the product box. Please check product manual or product box for details. This limited warranty is non-transferable and does not apply to any purchaser who bought the product from a reseller or distributor not authorized by Analogia Inc., including but not limited to purchases from internet auction sites. This warranty does not affect any other legal rights you may have by operation of law.
Except for the limited warranty provided herein, to the extent permitted by law, Analogia Inc. disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including all warranties of merchantability and/or fitness for a particular purpose. To the extent that any implied warranties may nonetheless exist by operation of law, any such warranties are limited to the duration of this warranty. Some states/provinces do not allow limitations on duration of warranty, so the above limitations may not apply to you.Repair or replacement of this product, as provided herein, is your exclusive remedy. Analogia inc. shall not be liable for any special, incidental or consequential damages, including, but not limited to, lost revenues, lost profits, loss of use of software, loss or recovery of data, rental of replacement equipment, 'downtime,' damage to property, and third-party claims, arising out of any theory of recovery, including warranty, contract, statutory or tort. Notwithstanding the term of any limited warranty or any warranty implied by law, or in the event that any limited warranty fails of its essential purpose, in no event will Analogia Inc.'s entire liability exceed the purchase price of this product. Some states/provinces do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may also have other rights that vary from state to state and province to province.