Studio Electronics Boomstar Modular System Modstar 3003 Filter Module
- CELEBRATE SYNTHS OF SUMMER!FREE Limited Edition Synths of Summer shirt with purchase.
Studio Electronics 3003 filter is a voltage-controlled discrete analog 18 db/octave ladder low pass filter employing hand-matched transistors. Drop the FREQUENCY knob to 0 and things get pretty dull; swing it back up and those 'transistor bass' highs come crashing through the gate. The 3003's RESONANCE circuit at max will sing out more than the TB's signature chirping in a fun, bubbly, if washy, poorer relation, Mini 'clone-ish' way; use it tastefully, or throw moderation to the wind for overwhelming chirp force.
The 3003 filter has the most gentle sonic touch of its partners in the Boomstar fold, but nevertheless is quite capable of shaping precise, very dynamic tone. Whether or not this Studio Electronics filter is filling its traditional baseline boxing niche, driving a harsh, liquid, acid-like tone, a softer more rubber-bandy SH-101-ish presence, or out of the bass range altogether and 'leading' the way, all is within easy reach of this surprisingly warm and versatile VCF. The 3003 can be distinctly vocal at times, especially when one is willing to put grittier, more distorted desires aside.
Seven attenuation pots control the FREQUENCY, RESONANCE, FREQ CV 1, RESO CV, FREQ CV 2, INPUT and OUTPUT, delivering smooth, detailed, and complex expression.
Switch it up
Classic Minimoog FULL and HALF strength filter frequency keyboard/voltage tracking for rounder low end with brilliant highs.
Patch it up
Seven patch points — 1 V/O, FREQ CV 1, FREQ CV 2, RESO CV, INPUT and 2x OUTPUT — direct the deepest manipulation.
- Module controls
- FREQUENCY knob: adjusts the frequency (or 'cutoff') of the filter.
- RESONANCE knob: adjusts the resonance (or 'Q') of the filter. (From 7:00 (0) position to 9:00, Studio Electronics' 'Negative Resonance Saturation' adds beefiness, boosting the waveform amplitude and taming waveform transients; set to 9:00 to achieve the cleanest tone possible.)
- FULL/HALF TRACK switch: switch between full and half keyboard/voltage tracking.
- FREQ CV 1 knob: frequency control voltage 1 input attenuverters.
- RESO CV knob: resonance control voltage input attenuverters.
- FREQ CV 2 knob: frequency control voltage 2 input attenuverters.
- INPUT knob: adjusts the audio input level.
- OUTPUT knob: adjusts the audio output level.
- Patch points
- 1 V/O input: one volt per octave control voltage input.
- FREQ CV 1 input: frequency control voltage 1 input.
- FREQ CV 2 input: frequency control voltage 2 input.
- RESO CV input: resonance control voltage input.
- INPUT: audio input.
- OUTPUT (×2): audio outputs.
- Physical specifications
- Size: 12hp
- Module depth: 39.7mm (with ribbon cable attached)
- Power usage: 37mA @ +12V, 25mA @ -12V
|Included from Manufacturer|
|Depth||39.7mm (with ribbon cable attached)|
|Module Power Usage||37mA @ +12V
12mA @ -12V
Studio Electronics / Analogia Inc. Limited Warranty
Studio Electronics / Analogia Inc. ('Analogia Inc.') warrants only to the original purchaser of this product from a Analogia Inc.-authorized reseller or distributor that this product will be free from defects in material and workmanship under normal use and service for one year after date of purchase.
Analogia Inc. reserves the right, before having any obligation under this limited warranty, to inspect the damaged Analogia Inc. product, and costs of shipping the Analogia Inc. product to Analogia Inc. for inspection shall be shared between purchaser and manufacturer: purchaser pays for shipping to Analogia Inc.; Analogia Inc. covers shipping costs back to purchaser.
In order to recover under this limited warranty, purchaser must make claim to Analogia Inc. within 30 days of occurrence of problem, and must present acceptable proof of original ownership: original receipt, warranty card registration, on-line registration, or other documentation Analogia Inc. deems acceptable. Analogia Inc., at its option, shall repair or replace the defective unit covered by this warranty. Please retain the dated sales receipt/invoice as evidence of the original purchaser's date of purchase. You will need it for warranty service. In order to keep this limited warranty in effect, the product must have been handled and used as carefully prescribed in the instructions accompanying the product.
This limited warranty does not cover any damage due to accident, misuse, abuse or negligence, whether willful or otherwise. This limited warranty is valid only if the product is used with the equipment specified in said equipment's manual or on the product box. Please check product manual or product box for details. This limited warranty is non-transferable and does not apply to any purchaser who bought the product from a reseller or distributor not authorized by Analogia Inc., including but not limited to purchases from internet auction sites. This warranty does not affect any other legal rights you may have by operation of law.
Except for the limited warranty provided herein, to the extent permitted by law, Analogia Inc. disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including all warranties of merchantability and/or fitness for a particular purpose. To the extent that any implied warranties may nonetheless exist by operation of law, any such warranties are limited to the duration of this warranty. Some states/provinces do not allow limitations on duration of warranty, so the above limitations may not apply to you.Repair or replacement of this product, as provided herein, is your exclusive remedy. Analogia inc. shall not be liable for any special, incidental or consequential damages, including, but not limited to, lost revenues, lost profits, loss of use of software, loss or recovery of data, rental of replacement equipment, 'downtime,' damage to property, and third-party claims, arising out of any theory of recovery, including warranty, contract, statutory or tort. Notwithstanding the term of any limited warranty or any warranty implied by law, or in the event that any limited warranty fails of its essential purpose, in no event will Analogia Inc.'s entire liability exceed the purchase price of this product. Some states/provinces do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may also have other rights that vary from state to state and province to province.
- Ground shipping is FREE for all orders $99 and up.
- Our central, midwest location ensures fast delivery times.
- See below for transit day estimates. Please note, these are estimates and are not guaranteed.
Generally, package estimated transit days are as follows:
- Upper Midwest: 1-3 days
- Central US, South East US, and East Coast: 2-4 days
- West Central US: 3-5 days
- West Coast: 4-6 days
- Alaska & Hawaii: 7+ days