Studio Electronics Boomstar Modular System Modstar Grainy Clamp-It Module
Free Studio Electronics T-Shirt with Purchase
Studio Electronics Grainy Clamp-It is a granular and phase modulated additive oscillator. Wait until you hear the stunning contrast it creates when paired with SE's discrete class A Oscillation module and the inorganic-to-downright-1970s-combo-organy / CS-80-ish tones it can generate — pure voltage-controlled candy!
Here's a breakdown of how Grainy Clamp-It works:
- First stage: additive mixing of 4 harmonics using one of 16 waveforms and one of 16 combinations of harmonics.
- Second stage: granular or phase modulated mixing of the signal from the first stage, with a sync option.
- Back to the first stage: additive section with selection of 16 different combinations of harmonics. The harmonics can be based on a sinewave or on one of 15 other waveforms. There's a separate control for mixing the selected harmonics.
- Back to the second stage: the second processing stage allows granular processing or phase distortion. Granular processing gives you control over grain length and grain position, and can produce sync, detune and wave sequencing effects. Phase distortion allows the signal from stage one to 'look up' non-linearly and can produce thick detune sounds and wildly varying pitch/timbre effects. Both settings have a choice of long buffer length for wave sequencing effects or short buffer length for smoother detuned effects.
As you can see, it's just additive mixing of several combinations of harmonics using a choice of 16 waveforms, followed by granular or phase modulated processing for detuned and wave sequencing effects, with a sync option for further pitch variations. Simple!
- Module controls
- WAVE TYPE knob: selects one of 16 source waveforms
- OT TYPE knob: combines 4 copies of the Wave Type, selects one of 16 variations of four overtones
- OT MIX knob: controls the mix of the four overtones from lowest- to highest-pitched dominance
- DETUNE knob: combines the resulting mix with a copy of itself and detunes it up to one octave
- GRAIN/PD switch: selects the next processing stage - up for granular, down for phase distortion
- Granular mode
- LEN/PITCH knob: sets the grain length for pitch and sync effects
- SPACE/AMT knob: sets the spacing between grains for detune/wave-sequence effects
- FIX switch: in up position the LEN/PITCH knob controls pitch, in down position LEN/PITCH knob controls sync
- RANGE switch: in up position grain sample window is long for wave sequencing (set SPACE/AMT to 0), in down position grain sample window is short for detune effects.
- Phase distortion mode
- LEN/PITCH knob: controls the pitch of the processed sound
- SPACE/AMT knob: controls the amount of phase distortion
- FIX switch: in up position the pitch control of LEN/PITCH is continuous, in down positon LEN/PITCH selects a range of fixed pitches
- RANGE switch: in up position the phase distortion sample window is long for wave sequencing, in down position the phase distortion sample window is short for detune effects
- Patch points
- 1V/OCT input: one volt per octave control voltage input
- L/P CV input: length/pitch control voltage
- OMX CV input: oscillator mix control voltage
- S/A CV input: space/amount control voltage
- OUTPUT: audio output
- Physical specifications
- Size: 19hp
- Module depth: 35mm (with ribbon cable attached)
- Power usage: 50mA @ +12V, 50mA @ -12V
|Mfg. Included Accessories|
|Depth||35mm (with ribbon cable attached)|
|Module Power Usage||50mA max|
|Unique Features||Mix several combinations of harmonics using a choice of 16 waveforms|
Studio Electronics / Analogia Inc. Limited Warranty
Studio Electronics / Analogia Inc. ('Analogia Inc.') warrants only to the original purchaser of this product from a Analogia Inc.-authorized reseller or distributor that this product will be free from defects in material and workmanship under normal use and service for one year after date of purchase.
Analogia Inc. reserves the right, before having any obligation under this limited warranty, to inspect the damaged Analogia Inc. product, and costs of shipping the Analogia Inc. product to Analogia Inc. for inspection shall be shared between purchaser and manufacturer: purchaser pays for shipping to Analogia Inc.; Analogia Inc. covers shipping costs back to purchaser.
In order to recover under this limited warranty, purchaser must make claim to Analogia Inc. within 30 days of occurrence of problem, and must present acceptable proof of original ownership: original receipt, warranty card registration, on-line registration, or other documentation Analogia Inc. deems acceptable. Analogia Inc., at its option, shall repair or replace the defective unit covered by this warranty. Please retain the dated sales receipt/invoice as evidence of the original purchaser's date of purchase. You will need it for warranty service. In order to keep this limited warranty in effect, the product must have been handled and used as carefully prescribed in the instructions accompanying the product.
This limited warranty does not cover any damage due to accident, misuse, abuse or negligence, whether willful or otherwise. This limited warranty is valid only if the product is used with the equipment specified in said equipment's manual or on the product box. Please check product manual or product box for details. This limited warranty is non-transferable and does not apply to any purchaser who bought the product from a reseller or distributor not authorized by Analogia Inc., including but not limited to purchases from internet auction sites. This warranty does not affect any other legal rights you may have by operation of law.
Except for the limited warranty provided herein, to the extent permitted by law, Analogia Inc. disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including all warranties of merchantability and/or fitness for a particular purpose. To the extent that any implied warranties may nonetheless exist by operation of law, any such warranties are limited to the duration of this warranty. Some states/provinces do not allow limitations on duration of warranty, so the above limitations may not apply to you.Repair or replacement of this product, as provided herein, is your exclusive remedy. Analogia inc. shall not be liable for any special, incidental or consequential damages, including, but not limited to, lost revenues, lost profits, loss of use of software, loss or recovery of data, rental of replacement equipment, 'downtime,' damage to property, and third-party claims, arising out of any theory of recovery, including warranty, contract, statutory or tort. Notwithstanding the term of any limited warranty or any warranty implied by law, or in the event that any limited warranty fails of its essential purpose, in no event will Analogia Inc.'s entire liability exceed the purchase price of this product. Some states/provinces do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may also have other rights that vary from state to state and province to province.
When you place an order with Kraft Music, a confirmation will be sent to you via email, with details of your order, including method of shipping. Once your order leaves our facility, you will receive a shipping confirmation via email, with carrier name and tracking number. Many of the products we sell are shipped in the manufacturer box. These boxes will often have images, model numbers, and other text that indicate the contents inside. If your purchase is a gift, please make proper shipping arrangements or contact us about possible packaging options.
Kraft Music is able to ship to the continental US, HI, AK and PR.