Studio Electronics Boomstar Modular System Modstar Oscillation Module
Studio Electronics Oscillation uses an exponential current source followed by waveshaping circuits they pioneered. The waveforms are DC-coupled (components connected directly together without any coupling capacitors), so they keep their shape even at sub-Hz speeds. The outputs are also buffered, so the amplitude is independent of the load they are driving. The waveform levels on some modern eurorack oscillators are often all different, and they vary depending on whether they go into the mixer or directly to the filter; coupling the circuitry without capacitors in-line gives the go-ahead for the full spectrum of frequencies to do their thing and ensures near identical response over the years.
Six attenuation pots control the FREQUENCY, TUNE, PW CV IN, PUSLE WIDTH, FM CV IN and SUB LEVEL, delivering smooth, detailed and complex expression.
Switch it up
NORMAL and LOW RANGE choose between wide sweeping audio frequencies or clicks (respectively) for creating a rhythmic pulse or sweep. SINE, TRI, SAW, SQR switch their respective waveforms on and off.
Patch it up
Eleven patch points — 1 V/O, FM IN, WAVE MIX, SYNC IN, PW IN, SUB OUT, SINE OUT, TRI OUT, SAW OUT, RAMP OUT and SQR OUT — direct the deepest manipulation.
- Module controls
- FREQUENCY knob: oscillator frequency attenuator.
- NORMAL / LOW RANGE switch: oscillator domain switch.
- TUNE knob: oscillator fine-tune attenuverter.
- PULSE WIDTH knob: variable pulse wave width control.
- SINE switch: sine wave on/off.
- TRI switch: triangle wave on/off.
- SAW switch: sawtooth wave on/off.
- SQR switch: square (pulse) wave on/off.
- FM CV IN knob: frequency modulation control voltage input attenuverter.
- SUB LEVEL knob: sub (one octave down) level attenuator.
- Patch points
- 1 V/O input: one volt per octave control voltage input.
- FM IN input: frequency modulation control voltage input.
- SYNC IN input: oscillator sync control voltage input.
- PW IN input: pulse width control voltage input.
- SUB OUT output: sub oscillator output.
- SINE OUT output: sine oscillator output.
- TRI OUT output: triangle wave output.
- SAW OUT output: sawtooth wave output.
- RAMP OUT output: ramp (reverse sawtooth) wave output.
- SQR OUT output: square wave output.
- Physical specifications
- Size: 16hp
- Module depth: 39.7mm (with ribbon cable attached)
- Power usage: 44mA @ +12V, 39mA @ -12V
|Included from Manufacturer|
|Depth||39.7mm (with ribbon cable attached)|
|Module Power Usage||44mA @ +12V
39mA @ -12V
Studio Electronics / Analogia Inc. Limited Warranty
Studio Electronics / Analogia Inc. ('Analogia Inc.') warrants only to the original purchaser of this product from a Analogia Inc.-authorized reseller or distributor that this product will be free from defects in material and workmanship under normal use and service for one year after date of purchase.
Analogia Inc. reserves the right, before having any obligation under this limited warranty, to inspect the damaged Analogia Inc. product, and costs of shipping the Analogia Inc. product to Analogia Inc. for inspection shall be shared between purchaser and manufacturer: purchaser pays for shipping to Analogia Inc.; Analogia Inc. covers shipping costs back to purchaser.
In order to recover under this limited warranty, purchaser must make claim to Analogia Inc. within 30 days of occurrence of problem, and must present acceptable proof of original ownership: original receipt, warranty card registration, on-line registration, or other documentation Analogia Inc. deems acceptable. Analogia Inc., at its option, shall repair or replace the defective unit covered by this warranty. Please retain the dated sales receipt/invoice as evidence of the original purchaser's date of purchase. You will need it for warranty service. In order to keep this limited warranty in effect, the product must have been handled and used as carefully prescribed in the instructions accompanying the product.
This limited warranty does not cover any damage due to accident, misuse, abuse or negligence, whether willful or otherwise. This limited warranty is valid only if the product is used with the equipment specified in said equipment's manual or on the product box. Please check product manual or product box for details. This limited warranty is non-transferable and does not apply to any purchaser who bought the product from a reseller or distributor not authorized by Analogia Inc., including but not limited to purchases from internet auction sites. This warranty does not affect any other legal rights you may have by operation of law.
Except for the limited warranty provided herein, to the extent permitted by law, Analogia Inc. disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including all warranties of merchantability and/or fitness for a particular purpose. To the extent that any implied warranties may nonetheless exist by operation of law, any such warranties are limited to the duration of this warranty. Some states/provinces do not allow limitations on duration of warranty, so the above limitations may not apply to you.Repair or replacement of this product, as provided herein, is your exclusive remedy. Analogia inc. shall not be liable for any special, incidental or consequential damages, including, but not limited to, lost revenues, lost profits, loss of use of software, loss or recovery of data, rental of replacement equipment, 'downtime,' damage to property, and third-party claims, arising out of any theory of recovery, including warranty, contract, statutory or tort. Notwithstanding the term of any limited warranty or any warranty implied by law, or in the event that any limited warranty fails of its essential purpose, in no event will Analogia Inc.'s entire liability exceed the purchase price of this product. Some states/provinces do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may also have other rights that vary from state to state and province to province.
- Ground shipping is FREE for all orders $99 and up.
- Our central, midwest location ensures fast delivery times.
- See below for transit day estimates. Please note, these are estimates and are not guaranteed.
Generally, package estimated transit days are as follows:
- Upper Midwest: 1-3 days
- Central US, South East US, and East Coast: 2-4 days
- West Central US: 3-5 days
- West Coast: 4-6 days
- Alaska & Hawaii: 7+ days