Studio Electronics Boomstar Modular System Quadnic Module
Free Studio Electronics T-Shirt with Purchase
Studio Electronics Quadnic is the second collaboration between Studio Electronics and Space Hardware, a deeply featured module with four digital oscillators, each with a selection of 64 waveforms, 7 different processing modes including phase distortion and wave sequencing, and a dedicated volts-per-octave input. In unison mode, all four oscillators can be played via the first CV input and widely detuned or switched to a preset chord formation.
- Module controls
- MASTER button
- With MASTER mode switched on, each oscillator responds to its own CV input.
- Oscillators 2 to 4: If MASTER LED is not lit, the oscillator responds to the first 1V/O input, with the pitch control adding ±1 octave offset.
- Oscillator 1 always responds to the first 1V/O CV input. The other oscillators follow CV1 if they are not set to MASTER.
- When all four oscillator switches/lights are selected, Quadnic is in unison mode and all oscillators follow the first 1V/O CV input, with the front panel control affecting all four oscillators.
- To get all oscillators to the same pitch, adjust the PITCH and FINE controls.
- To get all oscillators to play the same sound, adjust all controls.
- All four OSC lights on with MASTER selected: unison and chord can detune massively up to four octaves.
- All four OSC lights on with MASTER not selected: unison and chord produce chords.
- OSC button: selects the oscillator to be edited from the front panel.
- MASTER button: selects master or slave mode — when MASTER button is not selected — for oscillators 2, 3 or 4. OSC1 is always in MASTER mode.
- PITCH/DETUNE knob:
- In master mode: the pitches of each oscillator are controlled individually by the PITCH knob.
- In slave mode: the pitches of oscillators 2, 3 and 4 are controlled by OSC1 pitch. In slave mode, the PITCH knob detunes oscillator 2, 3 or 4 by ± one octave.
- FINE knob: fine pitch control in master mode.
- CHORD knob:
- With all oscillators and master mode selected:
- Detunes OSC1 from 0 to +1 octave
- Detunes OSC2 from 0 to -1 octave
- Detunes OSC3 from 0 to +2 octaves
- Detunes OSC4 from 0 to -2 octaves
- With all oscillators and slave mode selected, selects from among different chord presets:
- One octave between oscillators
- Octaves and 5ths
- Major chord
- Minor chord
- Dominant 7th
- Minor 7th
- Major 6th
- WAVE knob: selects one of the 16 waveforms from the current bank.
- BANK knob: selects one of the 4 banks of 16 waveforms each.
- PROCESS MODE knob: selects the processing mode for each oscillator.
- None: no effect.
- 2X ADD: Adds a copy of the signal from the oscillator and detunes it using the PROCESS knob.
- 2X MUL: Copies the signal from the oscillator and uses it to modulate the amplitude of the original signal. The PROCESS knob detunes the copied signal.
- 2X PM1: Modulates the phase of the oscillator output with a triangle wave. The PROCESS knob controls the frequency of the modulating wave.
- 2X PM2: Modulates the phase of the oscillator output with a complex waveform. The PROCESS knob controls the frequency of the modulating wave.
- W SEQ: Wave sequencing mode. Steps through all 64 available waveforms. The PROCESS knob controls the rate of wave sequencing.
- SYNC 1: Phase distortion changing the shape of the oscillator signal, produces a mild sync effect.
- SYNC 2: Phase distortion producing a dramatic sync effect.
- PROCESS knob: Context sensitive depending on PROCESS MODE selected (see above).
- PROCESS CV knob: Attenuverter applying the PROC CV input to the selected oscillator. Bi-polar control with no effect at center, fully inverted CV at full left position and non-inverted CV at full right position.
- DRIVE knob: Volume/drive for the selected oscillator. Full left position is no output, center is full volume, full right position is further overdrive with hard clipping.
- Patch points
- 1V/O input: 1V/octave input for oscillator 1 with 0-10V input range, also controls the pitch of any other oscillator that is in slave mode.
- 1V/O 2 input: 1V/octave input for oscillator 2 with 0-10V input range, only affects oscillator 2 when in master mode.
- 1V/O 3 input: 1V/octave input for oscillator 3 with 0-10V input range, only affects oscillator 3 when in master mode.
- 1V/O 4 input: 1V/octave input for oscillator 4 with 0-10V input range, only affects oscillator 4 when in master mode.
- PROC CV input: Process CV input with ±5V input range. One CV input for all oscillators that can be individually attenuated per oscillator using PROCESS CV knob.
- OUT 1: Oscillator 1 output.
- OUT 2: Oscillator 2 output.
- OUT 3: Oscillator 3 output.
- OUT 4: Oscillator 4 output.
- MIX OUT: Summed output of all four oscillators.
- Physical specifications
- Size: 12hp
- Module depth: 35mm (including connectors)
- Power usage: 50mA @ +12V, 50mA @ -12V
|Mfg. Included Accessories|
|Depth||35mm (including connectors)|
|Module Power Usage||50mA @ +12V
50mA @ -12V
Studio Electronics / Analogia Inc. Limited Warranty
Studio Electronics / Analogia Inc. ('Analogia Inc.') warrants only to the original purchaser of this product from a Analogia Inc.-authorized reseller or distributor that this product will be free from defects in material and workmanship under normal use and service for one year after date of purchase.
Analogia Inc. reserves the right, before having any obligation under this limited warranty, to inspect the damaged Analogia Inc. product, and costs of shipping the Analogia Inc. product to Analogia Inc. for inspection shall be shared between purchaser and manufacturer: purchaser pays for shipping to Analogia Inc.; Analogia Inc. covers shipping costs back to purchaser.
In order to recover under this limited warranty, purchaser must make claim to Analogia Inc. within 30 days of occurrence of problem, and must present acceptable proof of original ownership: original receipt, warranty card registration, on-line registration, or other documentation Analogia Inc. deems acceptable. Analogia Inc., at its option, shall repair or replace the defective unit covered by this warranty. Please retain the dated sales receipt/invoice as evidence of the original purchaser's date of purchase. You will need it for warranty service. In order to keep this limited warranty in effect, the product must have been handled and used as carefully prescribed in the instructions accompanying the product.
This limited warranty does not cover any damage due to accident, misuse, abuse or negligence, whether willful or otherwise. This limited warranty is valid only if the product is used with the equipment specified in said equipment's manual or on the product box. Please check product manual or product box for details. This limited warranty is non-transferable and does not apply to any purchaser who bought the product from a reseller or distributor not authorized by Analogia Inc., including but not limited to purchases from internet auction sites. This warranty does not affect any other legal rights you may have by operation of law.
Except for the limited warranty provided herein, to the extent permitted by law, Analogia Inc. disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including all warranties of merchantability and/or fitness for a particular purpose. To the extent that any implied warranties may nonetheless exist by operation of law, any such warranties are limited to the duration of this warranty. Some states/provinces do not allow limitations on duration of warranty, so the above limitations may not apply to you.Repair or replacement of this product, as provided herein, is your exclusive remedy. Analogia inc. shall not be liable for any special, incidental or consequential damages, including, but not limited to, lost revenues, lost profits, loss of use of software, loss or recovery of data, rental of replacement equipment, 'downtime,' damage to property, and third-party claims, arising out of any theory of recovery, including warranty, contract, statutory or tort. Notwithstanding the term of any limited warranty or any warranty implied by law, or in the event that any limited warranty fails of its essential purpose, in no event will Analogia Inc.'s entire liability exceed the purchase price of this product. Some states/provinces do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may also have other rights that vary from state to state and province to province.
When you place an order with Kraft Music, a confirmation will be sent to you via email, with details of your order, including method of shipping. Once your order leaves our facility, you will receive a shipping confirmation via email, with carrier name and tracking number. Many of the products we sell are shipped in the manufacturer box. These boxes will often have images, model numbers, and other text that indicate the contents inside. If your purchase is a gift, please make proper shipping arrangements or contact us about possible packaging options.
Kraft Music is able to ship to the continental US, HI, AK and PR.