TASCAM CD-RW901MKII Professional Audio CD Recorder
The CD-RW901MKII is a professional CD recorder for more demanding installations. A new TEAC tray-loading transport ensures years of reliable operation. The new transport also allows gapless recording when setting track marks, something not possible using off-the-shelf PC optical drives. Various recording features like automatic track creation help the operator create polished recordings without constant supervision. A high-performance codec chip is used for A/D and D/A conversion for clean, clear sound quality with a frequency response of 20 Hz to 20 kHz ±0.8 dB.
The CD-RW901MKII has balanced analogue input/output jacks, optical and coaxial digital audio connectors and external control terminals. Both the left and right analogue inputs have their own gain controls on the front panel. In addition, the digital input can be controlled for optimal recording levels from a digital source. Functions including auto-cue, auto-ready, pitch control, power-on playback, and fade-in/fade-out playback are provided. It is also possible to control the transport via an optional computer keyboard. Additionally, long-run continuous recording (and overlap recording) is possible by connecting multiple units with an accessory cable. An ISRC/RID code can be displayed to check the recording in a mastering studio.
Whether used for PA or sound reinforcement playback, studio, mastering, or broadcast, the CD-RW901MKII is the right choice for reliable CD recording and playback.
- Highly reliable tray-loading optical drive
- Records to pro CD-R, CD-RW and consumer CD-R and CD-RW media (Ultra-Speed CD-RW media are not supported)
- Selectable read speed to increase playability of low-grade or damaged media
- 24-bit A/D and D/A converters
- XLR balanced analogue I/O
- RCA unbalanced analogue I/O
- Coaxial and optical digital I/O (SPDIF)
- AES/EBU digital I/O
- Input sample rate converter (32–48 kHz, defeatable)
- Independant L/R analogue input level controls
- Digital volume
- Sync recording function
- Auto track division by level with trim function
- Time track division: Adds a CD track ID every 1 to 10 minutes
- Set index marks
- Selectable skip mode: jump by track, by index, or in 1-minute steps
- Digital fade in/out from 1 to 30 sec in 1-sec steps
- Rec mute function to record silence
- Continuous, single, random, or program (up to 99 songs) playback
- All, single, or A-B repeat play
- Auto Cue function
- Auto Ready function
- Call function
- Incremental Play function
- Plays MP3 files on CDs
- Plays MP3 files inside directories
- Shows MP3 tags on display (ID3)
- Pitch control (±16% in 0.1 to 1.0% steps)
- Key control (±6 semi-tones)
- Key original function (change tempo without changing key)
- Selectable copy ID
- Erase/un-finalize CD-RWs
- Supports CD-Text
- Computer keyboard can be used for CD-Text input and as a remote control
- RS-232C serial control (9-pin D-sub)
- Parallel control (15-pin D-sub)
- Power-on play: Starts CD playback when power is applied
- Continuous recording with two CD-RW901MKII units
- Wired remote control included
- 2-U rack-mount construction
|Included from Manufacturer||Remote Control|
|Audio Inputs||1 Pair L/R RCA
1 Pair XLR
|Audio Outputs||1 Pair L/R RCA
1 Pair XLR
|Product Weight||9.9 lbs|
|Unique Features||Sync trim function (±125 frame, ±1.67 seconds)
Automatic track division with trim function (±125 frame, ±1.67 seconds)
Time skip function: While in playback or ready, moves the playback point to forwards or backwards (1 seconds increments)
TASCAM/TEAC Limited Warranty
This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state. This warranty is only valid within the country the unit was originally purchased.
Except as specified below, this warranty covers all defects in material and workmanship in this product. The following are not covered by the warranty:
- Damage to or deterioration of the external cabinet.
- Damage resulting from accident, misuse, abuse, or neglect.
- Damage resulting from failure to perform basic daily maintenance and/or calibration, or otherwise resulting from failure to follow instructions contained in your owner's manual.
- Damage occurring during shipment of the product (claims must be presented by the carrier).
- Damage resulting from repair or attempted repair by anyone other than TEAC or an authorized TASCAM service station.
- Damage resulting from causes other than product defects, including lack of technical skill, competence, or experience of the user.
- Damage to any unit which has been altered or on which the serial number has been defaced, modified, or removed.
This warranty may be enforced only by the original purchaser.
All parts except heads and disk drives are warranted for one (1) year from the date of original purchase for products not used for commercial purposes. For products used commercially, the warranty is ninety (90) days for magnetic heads & optical pickups, one (1) year for other parts, & ninety (90) days for labor.
TASCAM will pay all labor and material expenses for items covered by the warranty. Payment of shipping charges is discussed in the next section of this warranty.
Your unit must be serviced by an authorized TASCAM service station in the United States. (This warranty is not enforceable outside the U.S.) If you are unable to locate an authorized TASCAM service station in your area, please contact TASCAM. TASCAM either will refer you to an authorized service station or instruct you to return the unit to the factory.
Whenever warranty service is required, you must present both the original dated sales receipt and this warranty statement as proof of warranty coverage.
You must pay any shipping charges if it is necessary top ship the product for service. However, if the necessary repairs are covered by the warranty, we will pay return surface shipping charges to any destination within the United States.
Any implied warranties, including warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, are limited in duration to the length of this warranty.
TEAC's liability for any defective product is limited to repair or replacement of the product, at TEAC's option. TEAC shall not be liable for:
- Damages bases upon inconvenience, loss of use of the product, loss of time, interrupted operation or commercial loss
- Any other damages, whether incidental, consequential or otherwise
Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts and/or do not allow the exclusion or limitations of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations and exclusions may not apply to you.
When you place an order with Kraft Music, a confirmation will be sent to you via email, with details of your order, including method of shipping. Once your order leaves our facility, you will receive a shipping confirmation via email, with carrier name and tracking number. Many of the products we sell are shipped in the manufacturer box. These boxes will often have images, model numbers, and other text that indicate the contents inside. If your purchase is a gift, please make proper shipping arrangements or contact us about possible packaging options.
Kraft Music is able to ship to the continental US, HI, AK and PR.