What's included in this bundle:
Song ideas can happen anywhere. With the DP-008EX, you'll be ready. Jot down ideas for your songs using these professional sounding multi-track recorders.
*Instant Rebate applied. Price returns to $299.99 on 12/31
The MixDown X1 studio condenser microphone features the Akos capsule that delivers full range studio fidelity and outstanding transient response. Perfect for vocals or to add warmth and depth to instrument recordings. The X1 delivers an articulate representation of instruments with its excellent transient response.
This microphone stand is designed to go wherever your music takes you. A removable boom arm and its ability to fold flat make this stand a must have for the stage or studio.
Whether you're practicing on your digital piano, mixing your latest recording, or rocking out with your electronic drum kit, these comfortable, over-ear headphones will provide quality sound. Enjoy music at any time without disturbing your neighbors!
This pop filter removes unwanted P and B consonants in recorded vocals. The universal mounting clamp fits onto most mic stands and the flexible gooseneck allows for precise positioning.
Quality sound and construction that you can rely on! These cables have the strength and durability to withstand regular use. A great choice for any audio application.
Battery-Powered Compact Multi-Track Recorder
Song ideas can happen anywhere. With the DP-008EX, you'll be ready. Jot down ideas for your songs using these professional sounding multi-track recorders. For extra battery life, you can add TASCAM's BP-6AA external battery pack.
Built-In High-Quality Stereo Condenser Microphones
The DP-008EX has two condenser microphones built into the front of the unit. Record vocals or acoustic guitar anytime without the need for extra equipment or set-up time. TASCAM carefully chose the best sounding microphones for their recorders. Modeled after the top-selling DR series microphones, you can be assured high-quality sound.
Simple, Easy-to-Use Interface - Designed Like an Analog Cassette MTR
DP-008EX is optimally designed for on-the-spot recording. No unnecessary features were included that might complicate the recording to ensure easy functionality, and dedicated knobs make recording faster than digging through menus. Designed with Portastudio functionality, these POCKETSTUDIOs are the easiest songwriting scratchpads you can buy.
Tuner and Metronome Included
DP-008EX also includes a fully functioning chromatic tuner and a metronome. Stay in-tune and on-beat without the need for extra gear.
Two Analog Inputs for External Microphones or Guitar
DP-008EX has two inputs with 1/4" jacks, as well as two XLR jacks that supply phantom power. You can connect external microphones, a guitar, bass, or a line-level device like a synthesizer. Cables sold seperately allow you to connect an iPad or other sound device.
Two XLR Inputs with +48V Phantom Power
The DP-008EX can supply phantom power for condenser microphones, even when operated with AA batteries. (Notice: Operating time becomes shorter when used with phantom power supply. We recommend connecting TASCAM's BP-6AA or a power supply when using phantom power.)
Record to SD/SDHC Card (up to 32GB) With High-Speed Data Transfer via USB2.0
You can record directly to widely available SD/SDHC card media (4GB card included). In addition, you can connect to PCs via USB2.0 for high-speed data transferring. All song ideas can be transferred via USB or SD card readers to and from the units at any point in the recording process. Files can be used in DAW software for further editing and production.
Quickly Fix/Re-record Tracks with the UNDO/REDO Function
Fix performance errors using the Undo and Redo functions. Instant Undo frees you to try new ideas without worrying about erasing your last take.
Track Edit Function (CUT, CLEAN TRACK, etc)
DP-008EX is loaded with features to make editing your tracks as easy as possible. Copy paste, Copy insert, Move paste, Move insert, Open, Cut, Silence, Clone track, Clean out
Insert Effects for All Inputs
The DP-008EX is designed with insert effects for all input channels. Insert effects include EQ, compressor, de-esser and exciter. For Vocal recording, you can use the EQ to boost your desired frequency range, and compress your tracks to normalize your song.
2-Band Shelving EQ for Each Track
Demo songs need the same high-quality as final masters. The DP-008EX has adjustable 2-band shelving EQ for each track. The Hi-range EQ can be adjusted from 1.7kHz to 18kHz, and the Low-range EQ from 32Hz to 1.6kHz.
Built-in Reverb Effects
The DP-008EX has six different types of reverb to help find the ideal space for your song. It's simple to send to the reverb with dedicated control knobs for each track. Reverb effects include: Hall1/2, Room, Studio, Plate1/2. Reverb time and master level can both be adjusted.
Built-In Mastering Effects
The DP-008EX's built-in mastering effects will provide high-quality master-like file creation without the need for external devices or software. The mastering effects include 2-band EQ, Multi-band compressor and a Normalize effect. Finalize dynamic and powerful-sounding mixes using the DP-008EX's mastering effects.
Auto Analysis Mastering Function For Easy Track Mastering
Anyone using the DP-008EX can easily master tracks with the Auto Analysis Mastering tool. In one step, select a mastering style, NATURAL or MAXIMUM, then the DP-008EX will calculate the best mastering sound based on analysis of the song data.
- Eight mono tracks
- CD-quality recording (16bit/44.1kHz)
- Two tracks simultaneous recording/ eight tracks simultaneous playback
- Dedicated stereo master track available
- Record to SD/SDHC card (Up to 32GB)
- 2 Built-in omni-directional condenser microphones
- Microphone sensitivity can be selected from 2-positions (Low/High)
- Two TS 1/4" or XLR mic/line inputs
- INPUT A can connect high-impedance instrument directly (Like an electric-guitar)
- Phantom power supply
- Independent LEVEL/PAN/Reverb SEND knobs for each track
- Two RCA unbalanced line inputs
- 20mW/ch headphone output
- Footswitch ready with polarity switching (Notice: can't use RC-3F)
- 128x64 dot-matrix LCD with backlight
- Four AA batteries operation up to 6.5 hours (When recording, using the eneloop battery)
- Insert effects for input channels (2-band shelving EQ, compressor, exciter, de-esser)
- Mastering effects (2-band shelving EQ, multi-band compressor, normalize)
- Auto analysis mastering function
- 2-band shelving EQ for each track
- Reverb effects (Hall1/2,Room,Studio,Plate1/2)
- Optional AC adapter ready (TASCAM PS-P520)
- Can connect an external battery pack (TASCAM BP-6AA)
- Direct locate function by jog-wheel
- Repeat playback between IN/OUT point
- Track edit functionsï¼ˆCOPY PASTE, COPY INSERT, MOVE PASTE, MOVE INSERT, OPEN, CUT, SILENCE, CLONE TRACK, CLEAN OUT)
- Bounce function allows recording of more six tracks
- UNDO/REDO(UNDO HISTORY) function
- Chromatic tuner and metronome included
- High-speed data transfer by USB2.0 connection
- Backup and restore songs
- File import/export by Wav format (mono/stereo)
- Export stereo master file as stereo wav format
- 4GB SD card included
|Included from Manufacturer||USB Cable
4GB SD Card
AA Battery x4
|Mics||Omni-directional condenser microphone x 2|
|Audio Inputs||2 x 1/4" TS
2 x XLR
|Audio Outputs||RCA Out|
|Recording Format Details||.Wav (16bit/44.1kHz)|
|Max Storage Capacity||32 GB|
|Storage Format Details||SD card(512MB-2GB)
|USB Functionality||File Transfer/Storage|
|Power Adaptor||AC adapter (TASCAM PS-P520, sold separately)|
|Batteries||Four AA batteries (Alkaline or nickel-metal battery)|
TASCAM/TEAC Limited Warranty
This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state. This warranty is only valid within the country the unit was originally purchased.
Except as specified below, this warranty covers all defects in material and workmanship in this product. The following are not covered by the warranty:
- Damage to or deterioration of the external cabinet.
- Damage resulting from accident, misuse, abuse, or neglect.
- Damage resulting from failure to perform basic daily maintenance and/or calibration, or otherwise resulting from failure to follow instructions contained in your owner's manual.
- Damage occurring during shipment of the product (claims must be presented by the carrier).
- Damage resulting from repair or attempted repair by anyone other than TEAC or an authorized TASCAM service station.
- Damage resulting from causes other than product defects, including lack of technical skill, competence, or experience of the user.
- Damage to any unit which has been altered or on which the serial number has been defaced, modified, or removed.
This warranty may be enforced only by the original purchaser.
All parts except heads and disk drives are warranted for one (1) year from the date of original purchase for products not used for commercial purposes. For products used commercially, the warranty is ninety (90) days for magnetic heads & optical pickups, one (1) year for other parts, & ninety (90) days for labor.
TASCAM will pay all labor and material expenses for items covered by the warranty. Payment of shipping charges is discussed in the next section of this warranty.
Your unit must be serviced by an authorized TASCAM service station in the United States. (This warranty is not enforceable outside the U.S.) If you are unable to locate an authorized TASCAM service station in your area, please contact TASCAM. TASCAM either will refer you to an authorized service station or instruct you to return the unit to the factory.
Whenever warranty service is required, you must present both the original dated sales receipt and this warranty statement as proof of warranty coverage.
You must pay any shipping charges if it is necessary top ship the product for service. However, if the necessary repairs are covered by the warranty, we will pay return surface shipping charges to any destination within the United States.
Any implied warranties, including warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, are limited in duration to the length of this warranty.
TEAC's liability for any defective product is limited to repair or replacement of the product, at TEAC's option. TEAC shall not be liable for:
- Damages bases upon inconvenience, loss of use of the product, loss of time, interrupted operation or commercial loss
- Any other damages, whether incidental, consequential or otherwise
Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts and/or do not allow the exclusion or limitations of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations and exclusions may not apply to you.
Please click here to see your Prop 65 statement.