TASCAM DR-10L Mini Portable Recorder with Lavalier Mic
Capture audio where it happens - No cables, no wireless, no worries
The TASCAM DR-10L is an ultra-compact, incredibly convenient digital recorder/lavalier microphone combo. For added flexibility, the included wired lavalier microphone is affixed via a 1/8” screw-down lock connector compatible with most Sennheiser lavalier mics and mics with the same connector. Designed for both the creative filmmaker and the busy videographer, the DR-10L is an immensely powerful problem-solving tool, delivering professional sonics and revolutionary convenience. Ideal for location recording, a DR-10L can be mounted to each on camera actor, removing the need for booms, wires or expensive (an unpredictable) wireless systems. Perfect or live events, a DR-10L can be worn by each and every member of even the biggest wedding party to ensure that every last word is captured. And lastly, the combination of a portable, high quality digital recorder and a tiny, professionally spec’d microphone makes the DR-10L an inspiring tool for the experimental audio designer.
Building on the success of the DR-10X and the DR-10SG, the DR-10L marries the industry standard TASCAM portable mini-recorder with a high performance lavalier mic. Easy-to-use - and easy-to-wear - the DR-10L can become your secret weapon in the war against poor production audio.
Four EQ presets to match the subject and setting
The DR-10L features a built-in equalizer designed to optimize your recordings in any environment. It includes the following four presets:
- NATURAL: Flat response for a natural-sounding recording
- STANDARD: Standard EQ for a video camera shotgun mic, adding clarity
- INTERVIEW: EQ optimized for voice recordings in interviews, conversations and similar scenes
- FIELD: Ideal EQ for recording sound effects and other background sounds
Dual recording records two files simultaneously at different levels
Film-makers and videographers often experience sudden audio volume jumps during filming. An actor could decide to scream a line and a documentary subject could do almost anything. Designed to be used as a self-contained remote recording device, the DR-10L is well prepared to deal with these scenarios. The DR-10L has several features to prevent distorted audio, but the most secure is Dual Recording. This feature captures a copy of your signal at a lower level, as a safety track in case of distortion.
Automatic file closing saves file data before the battery runs out
You can always monitor the battery level on the easy-to-read OLED display. If the battery runs out in the middle of a recording, the unit will automatically save the file before turning off so your take isn't lost. And the case is designed so that batteries can be changed quickly, without removing the recorder from the camera shoe mount.
Automatic level, limiter and other functions solve common recording level problems
If the input sound level is too low or too high, an automatic level function can increase or decrease the recording volume to an appropriate level. The limiter prevents distortion caused by sudden input overloads. These functions save you from worrying about recording level settings in situations when there is no second chance.
Compact and lightweight body that is only 63 g, including battery
The DR-10L has been designed to be small, light and esy to conceal. Perfect for on-camera talent, documentary subjects or entire wedding parties, the DR-10L can easily be hidden away and so that noting comes between you and the perfect shot (with perfect audio!)
Operates for up to 10 hours continuously on a single alkaline AAA battery
One easily obtained Alkaline AAA battery powers the DR-10L for up to 10 hours continuously. The DR-10L can also use disposable lithium or rechargeable NiMH batteries.
- Mono portable digital recorder packaged with a lavalier microphone
- Records to 48kHz/24-bit mono BWAV (Broadcast WAV) file format
- Records to microSD or microSDHC media (up to 32GB)
- 1/8” stereo headphone output for easy verification of recording
- Single AAA battery records for uo to 10 hours
- TASCAM's Dual Recording mode captures a lower-level (up to -12dB) safety track to prevent distorted takes
- Time-track increment feature adds a new track marker after a set time interval without interrupting recording
- Limiter function automatically reduces input level to prevent distortion
- Low-cut filter reduces wind and rumble noises
- Sliding switch for record start avoids accidental presses
- Built-in clock stamps BWF files with time-of-day information for additional convenience when editing or searching for files
- Equalizer has four presets that can be selected to match the recording conditions
- Dual recording for two files to be recorded simultaneously with different gain levels
- Automatic file closing prevents the loss of data before the battery runs out
- Time track increment silently and seamlessly splits a recording by creating a new file at regular intervals (about 15 minutes)for easier editing
- File naming based on a user-specified word or the current date
- Secondary lithium-ion battery maintains date and time information
- Easy to read 96×16 dot OEL display with wide viewing angle
- Micro-B USB 2.0 port for external power and easy file transfer to a computer
|Included from Manufacturer||Wind Screen
Noise Isolation Arm
|Audio Outputs||1/8" Stereo Headphone|
|Recording Format Details||WAV - 48kHz at 24bit|
|Max Storage Capacity||32 GB|
|Storage Format Details||microSD (64MB to 2GB)
microSDHC (4GB to 32GB)
|USB Functionality||File Transfer/Storage|
TASCAM/TEAC Limited Warranty
This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state. This warranty is only valid within the country the unit was originally purchased.
Except as specified below, this warranty covers all defects in material and workmanship in this product. The following are not covered by the warranty:
- Damage to or deterioration of the external cabinet.
- Damage resulting from accident, misuse, abuse, or neglect.
- Damage resulting from failure to perform basic daily maintenance and/or calibration, or otherwise resulting from failure to follow instructions contained in your owner's manual.
- Damage occurring during shipment of the product (claims must be presented by the carrier).
- Damage resulting from repair or attempted repair by anyone other than TEAC or an authorized TASCAM service station.
- Damage resulting from causes other than product defects, including lack of technical skill, competence, or experience of the user.
- Damage to any unit which has been altered or on which the serial number has been defaced, modified, or removed.
This warranty may be enforced only by the original purchaser.
All parts except heads and disk drives are warranted for one (1) year from the date of original purchase for products not used for commercial purposes. For products used commercially, the warranty is ninety (90) days for magnetic heads & optical pickups, one (1) year for other parts, & ninety (90) days for labor.
TASCAM will pay all labor and material expenses for items covered by the warranty. Payment of shipping charges is discussed in the next section of this warranty.
Your unit must be serviced by an authorized TASCAM service station in the United States. (This warranty is not enforceable outside the U.S.) If you are unable to locate an authorized TASCAM service station in your area, please contact TASCAM. TASCAM either will refer you to an authorized service station or instruct you to return the unit to the factory.
Whenever warranty service is required, you must present both the original dated sales receipt and this warranty statement as proof of warranty coverage.
You must pay any shipping charges if it is necessary top ship the product for service. However, if the necessary repairs are covered by the warranty, we will pay return surface shipping charges to any destination within the United States.
Any implied warranties, including warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, are limited in duration to the length of this warranty.
TEAC's liability for any defective product is limited to repair or replacement of the product, at TEAC's option. TEAC shall not be liable for:
- Damages bases upon inconvenience, loss of use of the product, loss of time, interrupted operation or commercial loss
- Any other damages, whether incidental, consequential or otherwise
Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts and/or do not allow the exclusion or limitations of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations and exclusions may not apply to you.
When you place an order with Kraft Music, a confirmation will be sent to you via email, with details of your order, including method of shipping. Once your order leaves our facility, you will receive a shipping confirmation via email, with carrier name and tracking number. Many of the products we sell are shipped in the manufacturer box. These boxes will often have images, model numbers, and other text that indicate the contents inside. If your purchase is a gift, please make proper shipping arrangements or contact us about possible packaging options.
Kraft Music is able to ship to the continental US, HI, AK and PR.