TASCAM DR-680MKII Portable Multi-Track Recorder
The DR-680MKII brings multi-track portable recording within reach of any musician for polished live, location and surround recordings. Up to eight tracks can be recorded to solid-state SD card media at 96 kHz / 24-bit Broadcast WAV quality. Six mic inputs provide 60 dB of gain and phantom power for clear recordings with condenser microphones. Record the six analogue input signals along with a digital SPDIF source for 8-track recording.
Inputs can be monitored using a built-in mixer with level and pan controls for each input. The stereo mixdown can even be recorded along with the six analogue input signals for quick stereo playback of the event. There’s also a built-in speaker to check recordings without headphones.
The DR-680MKII is also able to capture stereo audio at 192 kHz / 24-bit for audiophile-quality masters or record up to four channels simultaneuously in space-saving MP3 format – ideal for minutes recording. And for up to 16-track recording on battery power two units can be connected with a cascade cable. An AC adapter, a USB cable and a shoulder strap are included as standard.
- SD/SDHC/SDXC cards used as recording/playback media
- 6 balanced mic/line inputs (1-4: XLR/TRS combo jacks, 5-6: TRS jacks)
- 6 unbalanced outputs (RCA pin jacks)
- COAXIAL digital input and output (S/PDIF, AES/EBU)
- Recording/playback formats: BWF, WAV, MP3
- 8-track recording at 96kHz/24-bit (BWF, WAV)
- Digital inputs and outputs support double speed 96 kHz and quad speed 192 kHz
- 6 channels of TASCAM HDDA mic preamps for high audio quality with 48V phantom power
- Limiter and low-cut filter available on each mic/line input
- Built-in stereo monitoring mixer for headphone mix and/or recording
- Dual-recording function allows two files to be recorded simultaneously at different levels
- GANG function allows the input gain of multiple channels to be operated simultaneously
- Pre-recording function allows the capture of audio two seconds before recording is started
- Automatic-recording function can start and stop recording automatically in response to the input signal level (−48, −24, −12 or −6 dB)
- Even when multiple tracks are used, all recordings made at the same time can be managed as a single take/file
- Mark function can be used to move to specific points (up to 99 marks per take)
- Wheel can be used to change the playback position
- Panel lock function to prevent misoperation
- Cascade function allows transport control of multiple DR-680MKII units using a master unit
- High-speed transfer of files to a computer using USB 2.0
- 128×64-dot matrix display with backlight
- Built-in mono speaker with 500mW output
- Headphone output and level control (50mW+50mW/ 32ohm)
- Powered by 8 AA batteries or the included AC adapter
- USB cable and shoulder strap included
|Mfg. Included Accessories||Power Supply
|Audio Inputs||4 x 1/4" / XLR Combo
2 x 1/4" TRS
1 x Digital Sync
|Audio Outputs||3 x L/R Stereo RCA
1 x Digital Sync
|File Formats||BWF, MP3, WAV|
|Recording Format Details||BWF, WAV, MP3|
|Max Storage Capacity||128 GB|
|Storage Format Details||SD/SDHC/SDXC Card|
|USB Functionality||File Transfer/Storage|
|Batteries||8 AA batteries(LR6)|
|Product Weight||2.6lbs (without batteries)|
TASCAM/TEAC Limited Warranty
This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state. This warranty is only valid within the country the unit was originally purchased.
Except as specified below, this warranty covers all defects in material and workmanship in this product. The following are not covered by the warranty:
- Damage to or deterioration of the external cabinet.
- Damage resulting from accident, misuse, abuse, or neglect.
- Damage resulting from failure to perform basic daily maintenance and/or calibration, or otherwise resulting from failure to follow instructions contained in your owner's manual.
- Damage occurring during shipment of the product (claims must be presented by the carrier).
- Damage resulting from repair or attempted repair by anyone other than TEAC or an authorized TASCAM service station.
- Damage resulting from causes other than product defects, including lack of technical skill, competence, or experience of the user.
- Damage to any unit which has been altered or on which the serial number has been defaced, modified, or removed.
This warranty may be enforced only by the original purchaser.
All parts except heads and disk drives are warranted for one (1) year from the date of original purchase for products not used for commercial purposes. For products used commercially, the warranty is ninety (90) days for magnetic heads & optical pickups, one (1) year for other parts, & ninety (90) days for labor.
TASCAM will pay all labor and material expenses for items covered by the warranty. Payment of shipping charges is discussed in the next section of this warranty.
Your unit must be serviced by an authorized TASCAM service station in the United States. (This warranty is not enforceable outside the U.S.) If you are unable to locate an authorized TASCAM service station in your area, please contact TASCAM. TASCAM either will refer you to an authorized service station or instruct you to return the unit to the factory.
Whenever warranty service is required, you must present both the original dated sales receipt and this warranty statement as proof of warranty coverage.
You must pay any shipping charges if it is necessary top ship the product for service. However, if the necessary repairs are covered by the warranty, we will pay return surface shipping charges to any destination within the United States.
Any implied warranties, including warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, are limited in duration to the length of this warranty.
TEAC's liability for any defective product is limited to repair or replacement of the product, at TEAC's option. TEAC shall not be liable for:
- Damages bases upon inconvenience, loss of use of the product, loss of time, interrupted operation or commercial loss
- Any other damages, whether incidental, consequential or otherwise
Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts and/or do not allow the exclusion or limitations of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations and exclusions may not apply to you.
When you place an order with Kraft Music, a confirmation will be sent to you via email, with details of your order, including method of shipping. Once your order leaves our facility, you will receive a shipping confirmation via email, with carrier name and tracking number. Many of the products we sell are shipped in the manufacturer box. These boxes will often have images, model numbers, and other text that indicate the contents inside. If your purchase is a gift, please make proper shipping arrangements or contact us about possible packaging options.
Kraft Music is able to ship to the continental US, HI, AK and PR.