TASCAM MD-CD1MKIII Professional CD Player / MiniDisc Recorder
TASCAM’s MD-CD1mkIII is the only combination CD and MiniDisc solution for contractors, broadcast and other installations requiring MD-format compatibility. Based on the bestselling MD-CD1, the new model adds new digital I/O, additional file playback from CD, an expanded pitch range for CD playback and more. For space-challenged jobs that need a variety of playback options, the MD-CD1mkIII is the perfect choice.
The CD player on the MD-CD1mkIII supports MP3 and WAV file playback in addition to standard CD or CD-TEXT discs. The MiniDisc can play or record in all major formats: SP, MONO, LP2, and LP4. Discs can be dubbed from CD to MiniDisc at up to 4x speed, and continuous playback can cycle from one transport to the other. Both the CD and MiniDisc include Auto Cue and Auto Ready functions.
On the rear panel, each transport has its own set of unbalanced outputs, plus coaxial and optical S/PDIF digital outs. The MiniDisc section has unbalanced inputs, coaxial and optical digital inputs as well. An optional balancing kit, the LA-MC1, adds XLR balanced I/O to the MD-CD1mkIII. It can be controlled using RS-232C, wireless remote control, or a PS/2 keyboard.
Packing hours of playback in only two rack spaces, the MD-CD1mkIII is the ultimate solution for cramped installations requiring the flexibility of MiniDisc.
- 4 x speed MiniDisc duplication
- MD–CD continuous playback
- Continuous, single, random, or program (up to 99 songs) play
- All, single, or A–B repeat play
- Auto Cue function (automatically locate to a track’s audio start)
- Auto Ready function (automatically pause after locating to a track)
- Timer function: Playback starts when mains power comes up
- Headphones output with level control
- Input sample rate converter (32 to 48 kHz)
- RS-232C serial control
- Balanced input/output kit available as an option (LA-MC1)
- Wireless remote control included
- Infra-red remote receiver can be deactivated
- Compact 2U rack-mount chassis
- CD Deck
- Compatible with CD-R, CD-RW, CD-R Digital Audio and CD-RW Digital Audio media
- Plays MP3/WAV files on ISO 9660 CDs
- Plays MP3/WAV files inside directories
- ID3 tag display (information on artist and title names stored inside MP3 files)
- Pitch control (change tempo and key simultaneously from +16 % to –50 %)
- Key original function (change tempo without changing key)
- Fade-in / fade-out (1–30 seconds in 1-second steps)
- Individual digital and analogue outputs
- Transport control via computer keyboard
- MD Deck
- Supports Stereo, Mono, LP2 and LP4 recording and playback modes
- Individual input level controls (L/R) for analogue recording
- Auto track increment
- Time track increment (adds a track ID every 1 to 10 minutes)
- Sync recording function
- Fade-in / fade-out (1–30 seconds in 1-second steps)
- Overwrite recording
- Edit functions (divide, combine, move tracks)
- Individual digital I/O (optical and coaxial) and analogue I/O (RCA)
- Computer keyboard connector for title input and external control
|Included from Manufacturer||Power supply
Wireless remote control (RC-MC1)
AA Batteries for remote control
Rack-mounting screw kit
|Mics||Compact Disc player|
|Audio Inputs||RCA Unbalanced, Optical In|
|Audio Outputs||RCA Unbalanced, Optical Out|
|File Formats||MP3, WAV|
|Recording Format Details||Audio CD (CD-DA), MPEG Audio Layer III (MP3), WAV|
|Max Storage Capacity||128 GB|
|Storage Format Details||8- or 12-cm CD, CD-R, CD-RW|
|Power Adaptor||120 V AC, 60 Hz, Consumes 22W|
|Unique Features||4 x speed MiniDisc duplication|
TASCAM/TEAC Limited Warranty
This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state. This warranty is only valid within the country the unit was originally purchased.
Except as specified below, this warranty covers all defects in material and workmanship in this product. The following are not covered by the warranty:
- Damage to or deterioration of the external cabinet.
- Damage resulting from accident, misuse, abuse, or neglect.
- Damage resulting from failure to perform basic daily maintenance and/or calibration, or otherwise resulting from failure to follow instructions contained in your owner's manual.
- Damage occurring during shipment of the product (claims must be presented by the carrier).
- Damage resulting from repair or attempted repair by anyone other than TEAC or an authorized TASCAM service station.
- Damage resulting from causes other than product defects, including lack of technical skill, competence, or experience of the user.
- Damage to any unit which has been altered or on which the serial number has been defaced, modified, or removed.
This warranty may be enforced only by the original purchaser.
All parts except heads and disk drives are warranted for one (1) year from the date of original purchase for products not used for commercial purposes. For products used commercially, the warranty is ninety (90) days for magnetic heads & optical pickups, one (1) year for other parts, & ninety (90) days for labor.
TASCAM will pay all labor and material expenses for items covered by the warranty. Payment of shipping charges is discussed in the next section of this warranty.
Your unit must be serviced by an authorized TASCAM service station in the United States. (This warranty is not enforceable outside the U.S.) If you are unable to locate an authorized TASCAM service station in your area, please contact TASCAM. TASCAM either will refer you to an authorized service station or instruct you to return the unit to the factory.
Whenever warranty service is required, you must present both the original dated sales receipt and this warranty statement as proof of warranty coverage.
You must pay any shipping charges if it is necessary top ship the product for service. However, if the necessary repairs are covered by the warranty, we will pay return surface shipping charges to any destination within the United States.
Any implied warranties, including warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, are limited in duration to the length of this warranty.
TEAC's liability for any defective product is limited to repair or replacement of the product, at TEAC's option. TEAC shall not be liable for:
- Damages bases upon inconvenience, loss of use of the product, loss of time, interrupted operation or commercial loss
- Any other damages, whether incidental, consequential or otherwise
Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts and/or do not allow the exclusion or limitations of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations and exclusions may not apply to you.
When you place an order with Kraft Music, a confirmation will be sent to you via email, with details of your order, including method of shipping. Once your order leaves our facility, you will receive a shipping confirmation via email, with carrier name and tracking number. Many of the products we sell are shipped in the manufacturer box. These boxes will often have images, model numbers, and other text that indicate the contents inside. If your purchase is a gift, please make proper shipping arrangements or contact us about possible packaging options.
Kraft Music is able to ship to the continental US, HI, AK and PR.