TASCAM MH-8 Headphone Amplifier
The MH-8 is the ideal headphones amplifier for studio, stage and installation. Each of the eight stereo outputs delivers 250 mW per side with three switchable sources available. Two stereo inputs can be shared to any of the outputs, and individual stereo direct inputs are available for each of the eight channels. A headphones channel can use any one of these inputs, or mix several together. And a set of foldback outputs allows the user to chain other MH-8s into a system.
The MH-8 is housed in a rugged, rack-mountable metal chassis with built-in power supply (no AC adapter), ground terminal and ground-lift switch for many years of safe and reliable operation.
- High-power headphones amplifier with flexible signal routing
- 8 channels for one pair of stereo headphones each
- 2 stereo inputs assignable to each headphones channel (input 1: balanced XLR/TRS, input 2: balanced XLR / unbalanced RCA)
- Input level control, signal presence and overload LEDs on both stereo inputs
- Additional switchable direct stereo input (balanced TRS) on each headphone channel (left input can be used for mono signals)
- High output power (250 mW + 250 mW for each headphone)
- Level control, signal presence and overload LEDs on each headphone channel
- Each channel switchable to mono
- Foldback outputs allow stereo input signals 1 and 2 to be looped through to other units
- Ground terminal and ground lift switch on rear panel
- Easy replaceable fuse
- 1U rack-mountable chassis
- (8) stereo 1/4" headphone outputs
- 250mW + 250mW @ 32ohm per channel
- Each headphone output switchable to input 1, input 2 and direct input source (or a combination of the three)
- Master input gain controls
- (16) 1/4" TRS balanced direct inputs
- (4) XLR balanced inputs (Channels 1 & 2)
- (2) 1/4" TRS balanced inputs (Chan 1)
- (2) RCA unbalanced inputs (Chan 2)
- (4) TRS balanced foldback outputs
- Ground lift switch and terminal
- Voltage requirements - 100–240 V AC, 50–60 Hz
- Power consumption - 36 W
- Dimensions - Width: 19", Height: 1.73", Depth: 11"
- Weight: 6.61lbs
|Included from Manufacturer||Power supply
Rack-mounting screw kit
TASCAM/TEAC Limited Warranty
This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state. This warranty is only valid within the country the unit was originally purchased.
Except as specified below, this warranty covers all defects in material and workmanship in this product. The following are not covered by the warranty:
- Damage to or deterioration of the external cabinet.
- Damage resulting from accident, misuse, abuse, or neglect.
- Damage resulting from failure to perform basic daily maintenance and/or calibration, or otherwise resulting from failure to follow instructions contained in your owner's manual.
- Damage occurring during shipment of the product (claims must be presented by the carrier).
- Damage resulting from repair or attempted repair by anyone other than TEAC or an authorized TASCAM service station.
- Damage resulting from causes other than product defects, including lack of technical skill, competence, or experience of the user.
- Damage to any unit which has been altered or on which the serial number has been defaced, modified, or removed.
This warranty may be enforced only by the original purchaser.
All parts except heads and disk drives are warranted for one (1) year from the date of original purchase for products not used for commercial purposes. For products used commercially, the warranty is ninety (90) days for magnetic heads & optical pickups, one (1) year for other parts, & ninety (90) days for labor.
TASCAM will pay all labor and material expenses for items covered by the warranty. Payment of shipping charges is discussed in the next section of this warranty.
Your unit must be serviced by an authorized TASCAM service station in the United States. (This warranty is not enforceable outside the U.S.) If you are unable to locate an authorized TASCAM service station in your area, please contact TASCAM. TASCAM either will refer you to an authorized service station or instruct you to return the unit to the factory.
Whenever warranty service is required, you must present both the original dated sales receipt and this warranty statement as proof of warranty coverage.
You must pay any shipping charges if it is necessary top ship the product for service. However, if the necessary repairs are covered by the warranty, we will pay return surface shipping charges to any destination within the United States.
Any implied warranties, including warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, are limited in duration to the length of this warranty.
TEAC's liability for any defective product is limited to repair or replacement of the product, at TEAC's option. TEAC shall not be liable for:
- Damages bases upon inconvenience, loss of use of the product, loss of time, interrupted operation or commercial loss
- Any other damages, whether incidental, consequential or otherwise
Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts and/or do not allow the exclusion or limitations of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations and exclusions may not apply to you.