TASCAM Portacapture X6 Portable Multi-track Recorder
18 MONTH SPECIAL FINANCING*
Applying for Financing is Quick and Easy!
- Apply: There are two easy ways to apply for financing. A credit application can be completed over the phone in a matter of minutes with a Kraft Music team member. Applications can also be completed online.
- Purchase: All financing orders are completed over the phone. Once you're approved, give us a call at 800-783-3368 to place your order! Or you can contact us and set up a time that works best for you!
Terms and Conditions
No interest if paid in full within 18 months*
On select brands purchased with your Synchrony credit card. Interest will be charged to your account from the purchase date if the promotional purchase is not paid in full within 18 Months. Minimum monthly payments required. No minimum purchase price unless stated.
*Qualifying purchase amount must be on one receipt. No interest will be charged on the promo purchase if you pay it off, in full, within the promo period. If you do not, interest will be charged on the promo purchase from the purchase date. The required minimum monthly payments may or may not pay off the promo purchase by the end of the promo period. Regular account terms apply to non-promo purchases and, after promo period ends, to the remaining promo balance. For new accounts: Purchase APR is 29.99%. Minimum interest charge is $2. Existing cardholders: See your credit card agreement terms. Subject to credit approval.
Credit is extended by Synchrony Bank.
32 bit-float Portable Audio Recorder.
Never miss a moment. Capture audio anywhere with the Portacapture X6. The intuitive app-like operations on its large color screen make it easy to record or sweeten up your audio in post. Record using the X6’s dual built-in microphones or plug in your own mics to its 2 XLR inputs. The recording quality on the Portacapture X6 will be your secret weapon. Its 96 kHz/32-bit float recording technology means that you can capture audio softer or louder than ideal, assuring that you will never miss that moment.
- Enjoy intuitive app-like controls on the X6, all using the large 2.4-inch touchscreen. Easy-to-use recording, pre-production and post-production capabilities are just a touch away.
- Capture using up to 96 kHz, 32-bit float recording
- Record 6 tracks (4 track + 2 mix) simultaneously
- Easy-to-use recording pre-sets: Select from music, podcast, interviews, field recording and 6-track multi-track for the ideal recording setup for your needs.
- 2 XLR inputs and dual built-in mics with switchable AB/true-XY patterns
- The 2 XLR input terminals are compatible with phantom power (24V/48V) to support recordings with multiple mic/line inputs
- Undistorted recording processing enables safe recording without lowering the S/N ratio with 32-bit float processing
- Equipped with a 6-in/2-out USB audio interface function
- Wireless remote control from smartphones/tablets is possible with the optional AK-BT1 Bluetooth® adapter (sold separately). Time-code sync is also possible via Bluetooth® (*Timecode sync will be supported from V1.10 firmware update)
Quickly access your settings and adjustments on the Portacapture X6’s large (2.4-inch) color touchscreen. With the easy-to-navigate interface and helpful tools, you are just a few taps from the perfect setting for your needs. Use the Launcher to select from podcast, music, interviews, field recording and 6-track multi-track recording. Start fast, start right and get exactly what you need.
Audio For Video Production.
When shooting a video, you want to be able to focus on your video production and not worry about your audio. The Portacapture X6 was built with video production in mind. The workflow, presets and user-saved settings save you countless steps. The X6 has your back with its 96 kHz/32-bit float recording technology. Not only does this mean you will have the highest quality audio, but you will have a dynamic range that allows you to overcome those less-than-ideal realities that can often occur on a shoot. Upgrade your audio and reduce your worries with your own Portacapture X6.
Capture Your Way.
The Portacapture X6 is ready to record with a few quick taps. The internal high-quality stereo microphones can instantly rotate from A-B to a true X-Y mic pattern to allow for dialog or spatial music recording. Have your own mics? Use those thanks to the two included XLR inputs or line level inputs. The mic preamplifiers are TASCAM HDDA (High Definition Discrete Architecture) – providing ultra-low noise and clean transparent audio based on over 50 years of TASCAM know-how. Record 6 tracks (4 track + 2 mix) simultaneously and even use the X6 as your 6-in/2-out USB audio interface to connect to your computer.
Capture Every Bit.
It would be great if every time you need to capture audio, everything is perfect. Not too loud, not too soft. Of course that is not the reality for most of us. Sometimes the voice or sound that you need to capture will be really soft and in other cases it is blasting. Even in these extremes, you are expected to capture the sound and deliver well- finished audio. The 32-bit float point recording technology in the Portacapture X6 gives you a much lower floor and higher ceiling to achieve audio success. You could use another audio recorder and hope not to need this best-in-class recording technology, but should you?
Control The X6 From Your Phone.
In those cases where you want to put your audio recorder in one place and operate it from another, the X6 has you covered. With the AK-BT1 Bluetooth® adapter (sold separately) and free Portacapture Control app, it’s easy to remote control your X6 wirelessly from your smartphone or tablet. Imagine the possibilities!
Ready-To-Publish Audio Anywhere.
With the Portacapture X6’s your audio will be ready to share. Built-in signal processing, including a compressor, limiter, high pass filter, EQ, and reverb, add that studio polish. Whether you need to tame the wind when recording outside or want to add the ambiance of reverb to your vocals, the X6 has you covered. From smoothing out your input to preventing extreme peaks or eliminating plosives in dialog, you can count on the Portacapture X6.
Your Virtual Audio Engineer.
Getting your settings just right for your recording goals can be overwhelming, but not on the Portacapture X6. Select from the pre-perfected settings like Voice, Podcast, Music Recording, ASMR, and Field Recording. Just select the one that applies and start to record. Each setting was carefully tuned by TASCAM audio engineers for the defined use case. They set it all up, so you don’t have to.
|Included from Manufacturer||Owner's Manual
4 AA Batteries
|Mics||Unidirectional, Stereo (switchable between A-B and X-Y positions)|
|Tracks||6 tracks maximum (4 tracks, stereo mix)|
|Audio Inputs||XLR x2, MIC/EXT IN jack (can provide plugin power)|
|Audio Outputs||1/8" Headphones|
|File Formats||BWF, MP3, WAV|
|Recording Format Details||MP3, WAV, BWF|
|Max Storage Capacity||128 GB|
|Storage Format Details||microSD card (128GB)|
|USB Functionality||File Transfer/Storage|
|Batteries||4 AA Batteries|
|Product Weight||9.34 oz (Without battery)|
TASCAM/TEAC Limited Warranty
This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state. This warranty is only valid within the country the unit was originally purchased.
Except as specified below, this warranty covers all defects in material and workmanship in this product. The following are not covered by the warranty:
- Damage to or deterioration of the external cabinet.
- Damage resulting from accident, misuse, abuse, or neglect.
- Damage resulting from failure to perform basic daily maintenance and/or calibration, or otherwise resulting from failure to follow instructions contained in your owner's manual.
- Damage occurring during shipment of the product (claims must be presented by the carrier).
- Damage resulting from repair or attempted repair by anyone other than TEAC or an authorized TASCAM service station.
- Damage resulting from causes other than product defects, including lack of technical skill, competence, or experience of the user.
- Damage to any unit which has been altered or on which the serial number has been defaced, modified, or removed.
This warranty may be enforced only by the original purchaser.
All parts except heads and disk drives are warranted for one (1) year from the date of original purchase for products not used for commercial purposes. For products used commercially, the warranty is ninety (90) days for magnetic heads & optical pickups, one (1) year for other parts, & ninety (90) days for labor.
TASCAM will pay all labor and material expenses for items covered by the warranty. Payment of shipping charges is discussed in the next section of this warranty.
Your unit must be serviced by an authorized TASCAM service station in the United States. (This warranty is not enforceable outside the U.S.) If you are unable to locate an authorized TASCAM service station in your area, please contact TASCAM. TASCAM either will refer you to an authorized service station or instruct you to return the unit to the factory.
Whenever warranty service is required, you must present both the original dated sales receipt and this warranty statement as proof of warranty coverage.
You must pay any shipping charges if it is necessary top ship the product for service. However, if the necessary repairs are covered by the warranty, we will pay return surface shipping charges to any destination within the United States.
Any implied warranties, including warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, are limited in duration to the length of this warranty.
TEAC's liability for any defective product is limited to repair or replacement of the product, at TEAC's option. TEAC shall not be liable for:
- Damages bases upon inconvenience, loss of use of the product, loss of time, interrupted operation or commercial loss
- Any other damages, whether incidental, consequential or otherwise
Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts and/or do not allow the exclusion or limitations of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations and exclusions may not apply to you.
- Ground shipping is FREE for all orders $99 and up.
- Our central, midwest location ensures fast delivery times.
- See below for transit day estimates. Please note, these are estimates and are not guaranteed.
Generally, package estimated transit days are as follows:
- Upper Midwest: 1-3 days
- Central US, South East US, and East Coast: 2-4 days
- West Central US: 3-5 days
- West Coast: 4-6 days
- Alaska & Hawaii: 7+ days
Please click here to see your Prop 65 statement.