TASCAM SD-20M Solid State Recorder
Easy-to-use, single-rackspace SD card recorder with XLR mic inputs
TASCAM’s SD-20M is a simple-to-use solid-state recorder for demanding installations. The 1U rackmount includes a pair of microphone preamps with phantom power for direct microphone recording. Both the mic inputs and line inputs can be recorded simultaneously in four-channel mode. The dual recording mode captures a copy of your audio at a lower level, as insurance against distorted takes.
The SD-20M includes a battery backup system – AA batteries can keep recording for hours in case of power loss. A wired remote or footswitch can be attached to control recording and playback. Variable speed playback allows the playback to be changed without affecting the pitch.
Designed for installations like schools, house of worship, and conferences, the TASCAM SD-20M is a flexible, affordable solution for long-form recording.
- XLR/TSR combo microphone inputs on the front panel
- Four-track recorder capable of simultaneously recording from both the mic inputs and line inputs
- Dual recording function captures a copy of your audio at a lower level, for a distortion-proof safety track
- Can record a copy of the audio at a lower level according to the set audio recording level. This allows for a backup recording in case of distortion from unexpected loud noises.
- In addition to the AC adapter, it can also operate using four AA batteries, which allows for recording to continue even if AC power is lost
- Compatible with SD, SDHC and SDXC media.
- SDXC media slot supports up to 128 GB cards for long recordings
- High-resolution recording up to 96kHz/24-bit in WAV/BWF format.
- MP3 format for making long recordings.
- Equipped with a Tempo change (VSA) function for adjusting the speed from 0.5 to 1.5 times (in 0.1 increments), which is great for language study.
- XLR/TRS combo locking balanced inputs - mic level with switchable +48V phantom power, and +4 dBu line level (TRS) for balanced input from mixers, etc.
- RCA inputs compatible with -10dBV line level unbalanced input from mixers, etc.
- Auto recording function that can detect the sound input signal level and automatically start recording
- Low-cut filter with three levels (40, 80, and 120 Hz)
- Compatible with Japanese language display
- Mounts in a single rackspace
|Rebate Message||Temporary Savings|
|Included from Manufacturer||Rackmount Screw Kit
|Tracks||Four-track recorder capable of simultaneously recording from both the mic inputs and line inputs|
|Audio Inputs||2 x Combination XLR / TRS 1/4" Balanced
|Audio Outputs||RCA Unbalanced
|File Formats||BWF, WAV|
|Recording Format Details||BWF: 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz, 88.2 kHz, 96 kHz, 16/24 bits
WAV - Stereo/Mono, 44.1kHz/48kHz, 16bit
MP3 - Stereo/Mono, 44.1kHz/48kHz, 64kbps-320kbps
|Max Storage Capacity||128 GB|
|Storage Format Details||SD card (64MB - 2GB), SDHC card (4GB - 32GB), SDXC card (48GB - 128GB)|
|Power Adaptor||Dedicated AC adapter (PS-P1220E, included)|
|Batteries||4 AA batteries (Backup – keeps recording even after power loss)|
|Product Weight||6 lbs (without battery)|
|Unique Features||Auto recording function that can detect the sound input signal level and automatically start recording|
TASCAM/TEAC Limited Warranty
This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state. This warranty is only valid within the country the unit was originally purchased.
Except as specified below, this warranty covers all defects in material and workmanship in this product. The following are not covered by the warranty:
- Damage to or deterioration of the external cabinet.
- Damage resulting from accident, misuse, abuse, or neglect.
- Damage resulting from failure to perform basic daily maintenance and/or calibration, or otherwise resulting from failure to follow instructions contained in your owner's manual.
- Damage occurring during shipment of the product (claims must be presented by the carrier).
- Damage resulting from repair or attempted repair by anyone other than TEAC or an authorized TASCAM service station.
- Damage resulting from causes other than product defects, including lack of technical skill, competence, or experience of the user.
- Damage to any unit which has been altered or on which the serial number has been defaced, modified, or removed.
This warranty may be enforced only by the original purchaser.
All parts except heads and disk drives are warranted for one (1) year from the date of original purchase for products not used for commercial purposes. For products used commercially, the warranty is ninety (90) days for magnetic heads & optical pickups, one (1) year for other parts, & ninety (90) days for labor.
TASCAM will pay all labor and material expenses for items covered by the warranty. Payment of shipping charges is discussed in the next section of this warranty.
Your unit must be serviced by an authorized TASCAM service station in the United States. (This warranty is not enforceable outside the U.S.) If you are unable to locate an authorized TASCAM service station in your area, please contact TASCAM. TASCAM either will refer you to an authorized service station or instruct you to return the unit to the factory.
Whenever warranty service is required, you must present both the original dated sales receipt and this warranty statement as proof of warranty coverage.
You must pay any shipping charges if it is necessary top ship the product for service. However, if the necessary repairs are covered by the warranty, we will pay return surface shipping charges to any destination within the United States.
Any implied warranties, including warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, are limited in duration to the length of this warranty.
TEAC's liability for any defective product is limited to repair or replacement of the product, at TEAC's option. TEAC shall not be liable for:
- Damages bases upon inconvenience, loss of use of the product, loss of time, interrupted operation or commercial loss
- Any other damages, whether incidental, consequential or otherwise
Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts and/or do not allow the exclusion or limitations of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations and exclusions may not apply to you.