TASCAM TM-2X X-Y stereo microphone for DSLR cameras
High-performance X-Y stereo condenser mics
The directional condenser microphones equipped on the TM-2X are the same mics used in TASCAM's highly-regarded DR-series recorders. The X-Y pattern and two mic capsules are ideal for capturing a true representation of the sonic atmosphere, whether it's sound from a wide area or directly in front of the camera. As a result, the TM-2X records pristine sound that fits naturally with the recorded video.
Delivers high audio quality and the capacity to handle high sound pressures
TASCAM has consistently utilized their expertise in developing recording devices that focus on the design of the analog circuits behind the mic capsules. As a result, the TM-2X achieves a high performance rating and a frequency response of 50 Hz to 20 kHz. Furthermore, they designed the TM-2X with the capacity to handle high sound pressures up to 120 dB SPL to prevent distortion even in loud scenarios.
Built-in stereo mini plug output can be connected directly to the camera mic input for simple setup
Setup is as simple as connecting the cord from the TM-2X to the camera's mic input jack allowing you to add high-quality audio to video. The output can be set to one of two levels to enable compatibility with a variety of cameras.
Floating structure reduces handling noise
The floating support structure underneath the mics absorbs unwanted handling noise and sounds from cameras' mechanics.
Noise isolation arm to reduce lens operation noise included
When capturing video using changeable auto-focus lenses, the sounds produced from the lens itself can disrupt and interfere with recordings. In situations where this noise is a problem, you can reduce the interruptions by using the included noise isolation arm. The noise isolation arm physically increases the distance from the noise source to reduce its capture. The structure of the arm, including its length and height, was developed through extensive testing.
On-board Low-cut filter eliminates unwanted low frequencies
The unit includes an on-board low-cut filter to cut out low-frequency background noise. Depending on the video recording scenario, you can choose to turn this feature on or off (LOW CUT/FLAT).
Furry windscreen to reduce wind noise
When filming outdoors, even a slight breeze can enter the mic and cause wind noise. This unit comes with a furry windscreen that can physically prevent this noise from occurring. Wind noise can be reduced by simply covering the mic unit with this windscreen.
- Directional stereo condenser microphone in an X-Y configuration
- Designed with the capacity to easily handle high sound pressures up to 120 dB SPL
- Floating support structure used to reduce handling noise
- Included noise isolation arm to reduce lens operation noise
- Low-cut filter to eliminate any unwanted low frequencies
- Included furry windscreen
- Two-stage output level adjustment switch ensures compatibility with a variety of cameras
- Vari-angle microphone structure allows 180º rotation for optimal mic placement
- Included shoe adapter (ISO/JIS specification compliant) can be attached to the camera accessory shoe
- Tripod mounting threads enable the unit to be attached to a camera tripod
- 33cm connection cord supports connections in a variety of manners
- Lightweight design (75 g) that won't interrupt camera balance or handling
- Stereo mini-plug output jack
- Operates on plug-in power from the connected unit
|Included from Manufacturer||Furry Windscreen
Noise Isolation Arm
|Requires Phantom Power||Yes|
|Frequency Response||50Hz to 20kHz|
|Unique Features||Designed with the capacity to easily handle high sound pressures up to 120 dB SPL|
|Recommended Uses||Record high-quality audio for high-definition video straight to your camera|
TASCAM/TEAC Limited Warranty
This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary from state to state. This warranty is only valid within the country the unit was originally purchased.
Except as specified below, this warranty covers all defects in material and workmanship in this product. The following are not covered by the warranty:
- Damage to or deterioration of the external cabinet.
- Damage resulting from accident, misuse, abuse, or neglect.
- Damage resulting from failure to perform basic daily maintenance and/or calibration, or otherwise resulting from failure to follow instructions contained in your owner's manual.
- Damage occurring during shipment of the product (claims must be presented by the carrier).
- Damage resulting from repair or attempted repair by anyone other than TEAC or an authorized TASCAM service station.
- Damage resulting from causes other than product defects, including lack of technical skill, competence, or experience of the user.
- Damage to any unit which has been altered or on which the serial number has been defaced, modified, or removed.
This warranty may be enforced only by the original purchaser.
All parts except heads and disk drives are warranted for one (1) year from the date of original purchase for products not used for commercial purposes. For products used commercially, the warranty is ninety (90) days for magnetic heads & optical pickups, one (1) year for other parts, & ninety (90) days for labor.
TASCAM will pay all labor and material expenses for items covered by the warranty. Payment of shipping charges is discussed in the next section of this warranty.
Your unit must be serviced by an authorized TASCAM service station in the United States. (This warranty is not enforceable outside the U.S.) If you are unable to locate an authorized TASCAM service station in your area, please contact TASCAM. TASCAM either will refer you to an authorized service station or instruct you to return the unit to the factory.
Whenever warranty service is required, you must present both the original dated sales receipt and this warranty statement as proof of warranty coverage.
You must pay any shipping charges if it is necessary top ship the product for service. However, if the necessary repairs are covered by the warranty, we will pay return surface shipping charges to any destination within the United States.
Any implied warranties, including warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, are limited in duration to the length of this warranty.
TEAC's liability for any defective product is limited to repair or replacement of the product, at TEAC's option. TEAC shall not be liable for:
- Damages bases upon inconvenience, loss of use of the product, loss of time, interrupted operation or commercial loss
- Any other damages, whether incidental, consequential or otherwise
Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts and/or do not allow the exclusion or limitations of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations and exclusions may not apply to you.