Serial Number: 1207020026
View gallery for images of this exact instrument
Taylor Builder's Edition 324ce Acoustic-Electric Guitar - Tobacco Kona Burst SN 1207020026
FREE GUITAR INSPECTION!Your guitar will arrive ready to play.
Featuring a never-before-used tonewood and a host of player-focused design enhancements, Taylor Builder's Edition 324ce represents Taylor's ongoing marriage of innovative acoustic design with forward-thinking strategy toward a more sustainable future. The star here is Urban Ash, a tonewood sourced from city trees that have been selected for removal from urban settings due to weather or disease damage, public safety concerns, disruptive root systems or simply reaching the end of their life cycles. Instead of allowing this beautiful, functional wood to end its life cycle in a landfill, Taylor has reclaimed it for use in the backs and sides of this 324ce, offering a tonal response similar to high-tier mahogany: dry and woody, with a fundamental-strong response that produces clear notes largely free from ringing overtones. Paired with a mahogany top, this Grand Auditorium produces clear midrange presence and crisp highs over a rich low end that will satisfy strummers and fingerstyle players alike. V-Class bracing offers its trademark blend of power and resonance, emphasizing this guitar's robust midrange while producing a more in-tune, musical sound. In keeping with the Builder's Edition philosophy, this 324ce features an array of enhancements designed to provide the ultimate playing experience, including chamfered body and fretboard edges, a beveled armrest and cutaway and a Curve Wing bridge. Other appointments include Compass inlays in faux pearl and Italian acrylic, Gotoh 510 tuners with a super-precise 21:1 gear ratio, a Silent Satin finish with a dark edgeburst treatment for an ultra-clean, noise-free sound and ES2 electronics. It ships in a deluxe Taylor hardshell case.
Grand Auditorium shape
While the bigger Dreadnought was traditionally considered a flatpicker's guitar and the smaller Grand Concert catered to fingerstylists, Grand Auditorium was designed to deliver on both fronts. This shape provides an original acoustic voice big enough to handle medium-strength picking and strumming, yet with impressive balance across the tonal spectrum, especially in the midrange, producing clear, well-defined notes that suit both strumming and fingerstyle playing. Grand Auditorium's overall presence tracks well with other instruments both in a studio mix and on stage, and singer-songwriters have embraced its utility both for composing and traveling with one guitar. If you want a great all-purpose guitar, the multi-dimensional Grand Auditorium won't let you down.
Tropical mahogany top wood
A mahogany-top guitar will produce strong fundamentals, with clear and direct focus. It might be characterized as having a woody, dry tone. Harder, denser woods like mahogany and koa that are used on the back and sides of a guitar are sometimes used as tops. Their stiffness initially translates into a bright tone and tends to need more play-in time to open up, but the more a mahogany-top guitar is played, the more it develops overtones that contribute to a fuller, richer sound. A mahogany-top guitar might appeal to rootsy players who like a little extra punchiness in their tone.
Urban Ash body wood
Taylor's use of Urban Ash, also known as Shamel or evergreen ash, reflects its commitment to finding more sustainable, responsible ways to source tonewoods from within its local region. Tonally, Urban Ash's properties make it a strong contender as a high-grade guitar wood of the future. With its focused, fundamental-strong voice, it produces clean notes mostly free of ringing overtones. Urban Ash will work well for fingerstyle players seeking an articulate sound unclouded by overtones or generalists looking for an all-purpose sound that can be molded to perform across genres and styles. It's also a versatile tonewood option for singer-songwriters and players looking to cut through a mix with a group of musicians.
Taylor's beveled cutaway design provides a more player-friendly feel for guitarists who utilize every inch of the fretboard. It features a compound design with a smoothened edge along the corner of the body between the end of the cutaway and the neck heel, providing a more comfortable feel for the fretting hand. This cutaway design also incorporates a finger bevel on the guitar's top, a resting surface for the pinky finger near the highest frets of the guitar. Together, these elements allow the player to reach the entire fretboard without changing hand positions.
V-Class guitar bracing controls the top's flexibility, creating a more orderly rocking motion across both sides of the top. The controlled flexing movement produces greater volume. V-Class bracing also maintains stiffness along the middle of the guitar, in the direction of the strings. That rigidity keeps the strings in motion, producing notes that resonate longer before fading out. Finally, V-Class bracing makes the top more in tune with the vibrating strings. This eliminates much of the interference that causes some notes to waver and sound slightly out of tune. As a result, notes and chords played anywhere on the neck are more consistent and in tune with each other.
Expression System 2 electronics
The heart of the Expression System 2 is Taylor's patented behind-the-saddle pickup, which features three uniquely positioned and individually calibrated pickup sensors. The location of the sensors enables a more dynamic range of acoustic sound to be captured than ever before. Together with Taylor's custom-designed preamp, this system produces exceptional amplified tone and responsiveness. On stage through a PA, plugged into your favorite acoustic amplifier or direct into recording software, Expression System 2 faithfully conveys the voice of your Taylor guitar.
|Included from Manufacturer||Taylor Deluxe hardshell case - brown|
|Acoustic Body Style||Grand Auditorium|
|Number of Strings||6-Strings|
|Number of Frets||20|
|Bridge||West African Crelicam Ebony|
|Bridge Saddle Material||Micarta|
|Electronics||Expression System 2|
|Tuner Built In||No|
|Nut Material||Graph Tech Tusq|
|Finish||Silent Satin Tobacco Kona Burst|
|Unique Features||Beveled cutaway
Faux pearl single ring rosette
Italian acrylic compass fretboard inlays
Gotoh 510 tuners
Chamfered body and fretboard edges
Taylor Guitars Warranty
1. Terms and Conditions. TAYLOR warrants solely to the original purchaser of this TAYLOR musical instrument that the instrument purchased shall be free from defects in materials and workmanship under normal use for as long as the instrument is owned by the original purchaser, and until the ownership of the instrument is transferred to another (unless otherwise noted by TAYLOR). TAYLOR further warrants solely to the original purchaser that all TAYLOR pickups and pickup systems – including TAYLOR solid body electric guitar pickups, installed acoustic pickups and pickup systems and pickup systems sold separately – shall be free from defects in workmanship and materials and shall function for a period of two (2) years from the date of purchase. This Limited Warranty does not apply: (a) to wear and tear to or breakage of frets, strings, nuts, saddle, batteries, or other damage or deterioration due to normal wear and tear of the instrument or its parts, or to normal wear and tear or breakage of any part of an instrument, including but not limited to controls, switches, jacks, plated surfaces, tuning devices, pickguards or finish, or to any instrument case, gig bag, gig bag handles, zippers, latches, case hardware, or finish; (b) to asserted defects or damage caused by modification, misuse, neglect, abuse, accidents, acts of nature, or improper maintenance of the instrument or its parts (TAYLOR reserves the exclusive right to make such determination of misuse, modification, or neglect based on inspection by TAYLOR or an authorized TAYLOR service center); (c) to asserted defects involving subjective personal likes or judgments, including subjective opinions regarding tonal characteristics of the instrument or grain characteristics or colors of woods; (d) to asserted defects or damage to an instrument such as cracks, splitting, or warping of wood or damage to the instrument’s finish caused by accident or exposure to changes in or extreme instances of temperature or humidity, exposure to sunlight, moisture, body salts or acids, guitar straps, or guitar stands or hangers which cause harm to the instrument; (e) to defects asserted by any purchaser who did not purchase the instrument from an authorized TAYLOR dealer in the United States of America or Canada; (f) to guitars owned by non-U.S. or non-Canadian residents; (g) to electrical components not manufactured by TAYLOR; (h) to setups, adjustments, or any routine maintenance; (i) to any instrument whose serial number is missing, altered, or tampered with in any fashion; or (j) to asserted defects or damage to an instrument which has had work performed on it by or has been otherwise repaired or modified by a technician or repair person other than an TAYLOR certified technician at an authorized TAYLOR service center.
2. Limitation on Obligations. THE OBLIGATIONS OF TAYLOR HEREUNDER ARE LIMITED TO REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT OF PARTS OF THE INSTRUMENT OR PICKUP FOUND TO BE DEFECTIVE UNDER THIS LIMITED WARRANTY. IN NO EVENT SHALL TAYLOR BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO TIME, WAGES OR LOST PROFITS, OF ANY NATURE OR KIND OR FOR DAMAGES TO OR LOSS OF PROPERTY. In addition, TAYLOR reserves the right to modify, refine, or improve its instruments, parts and pickup systems, including making mechanical and electrical refinements and wood species substitutions, without incurring any responsibility to modify, exchange, replace or repair any parts or products to meet prior specifications. This limited warranty does not cover circumstances beyond TAYLOR’s control. This warranty does not apply when failure is due to shipping damage, accident, alteration, modification, unauthorized service, misuse, abuse, use with incompatible accessories or attachments. THIS LIMITED WARRANTY IS THE SOLE WARRANTY OF TAYLOR GUITARS WITH REGARD TO MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS ONLY AND IS GIVEN IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PURPOSE. Specific rights might vary by state or in Canada, so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you.
3. No Other Warranties. The Limited Warranty set forth herein constitutes the entire warranty and representation of TAYLOR with regard to the Taylor products identified in the preceding paragraph. This Limited Warranty shall be controlling over any conflicting terms and conditions of any purchase orders, contracts or invoices which may be executed in connection with the purchase of any TAYLOR musical instrument or related product. NO representation or warranty made by any TAYLOR salesperson, dealer, agent, representative or employee shall be binding upon TAYLOR other than as set forth herein.
4. Claim Procedures. Unless the original purchaser is notified in writing that repairs and service under this Limited Warranty may be made by an authorized TAYLOR dealer or authorized TAYLOR warranty repair center, claims for warranty performance and service shall be made by the original purchaser sending the instrument to TAYLOR at 1900 Gillespie Way, El Cajon, CA, 92020 to the Attention of the Repair Department and listing the RA (return authorization) number on the outside of the box. Shipping and insurance must be prepaid by the purchaser. The purchaser also must include any permits required for export of the guitar from purchaser’s country (if located in Canada), prepaid by purchaser, together with (a) evidence confirming the original purchase by purchaser (such as a copy of the sales invoice or receipt, a credit card slip, or the like); (b) a brief description of the nature of the asserted defect and photographic or other documentary evidence requested by TAYLOR; and (c) the name, address and phone number of the original purchaser to whom the instrument is to be returned. Please call Customer Service prior to shipping your guitar. If you fail to contact TAYLOR prior to exporting your guitar from Canada, or if you fail to get any necessary permit for your guitar, the guitar could be subject to government confiscation and/or TAYLOR may not be able to obtain a permit to ship it back to you in Canada. TAYLOR shall review the description of the asserted defect, examine the instrument, and make service, repairs and replacements as appropriate under this Limited Warranty. Upon completion of the service, the instrument shall be returned by TAYLOR to the original purchaser, shipping, permits and insurance to be paid by the purchaser. In the event it is determined that the asserted defect is not covered by or is excluded from this Limited Warranty, the instrument shall be returned without repairs or replacement, shipping, permits and insurance to be paid by the purchaser.
5. Legal Remedies. Depending upon the state in which you reside, you may have additional legal remedies available under the applicable Commercial Code or Consumer Warranty laws.