Taylor GT K21e Acoustic-Electric Guitar - Shaded Edgeburst
FREE GUITAR INSPECTION!Your guitar will arrive ready to play.
Among the second wave of guitars released with the Grand Theater body shape is Taylor GT K21e, made with back, sides and top of solid Hawaiian koa. Both visually striking and musically expressive, Hawaiian koa is beloved for its potent mix of top-end brilliance, midrange punch and bass presence. The all-solid construction serves up power and clarity in equal measure in Taylor GT, which features C-Class bracing under the soundboard to coax surprising warmth from the guitar's low end.
The 24-1/8" scale length helps reduce string tension along the fretboard for a slinkier, more relaxed feel, while the 1-23/32" nut width strikes a balance between easier fretting and adequate string spacing for fingerstyle players. Aesthetically, GT K21e is appointed to inspire, detailed with gleaming antique gold Gotoh Mini 510 tuners with a 21:1 gear ratio for precise tuning, maple binding with black and koa edge trim, a single-ring maple rosette and Taylor's artful Spring Vine inlay pattern on the fretboard and peghead, also maple. Finished off with a full-body gloss treatment with an alluring shaded edgeburst, GT K21e also includes ES2 electronics and ships in the lightweight yet durable AeroCase.
Grand Theater shape
Compact yet gifted with a bold voice, GT's scaled-down frame offers surprising tonal power and texture.
Hawaiian koa top wood
A hardwood top such as koa produces a natural compression, so there tends to be more of a controlled, sustaining 'roll-in' effect to a note. An all-koa guitar will produce strong fundamental focus with a splash of top-end shimmer. As a tropical hardwood, a koa top will initially project a bright and focused tone, especially together with koa back and sides, but as it's played it matures into an increasingly warm, rich, sweet sound with healthy overtone 'bloom,' especially in the midrange.
Hawaiian koa body wood
A tropical hardwood, koa's tone blends the midrange of mahogany with the top end of maple. Due to its density, a new koa guitar tends to start out sounding a little bright and tight, somewhat like maple. But the more a koa guitar is played, the more the sound opens up, expanding the midrange and rewarding the player with a richer, sweeter, more resonant tone.
Expression System 2 electronics
The heart of Expression System 2 is Taylor's patented behind-the-saddle pickup, which features three uniquely positioned and individually calibrated pickup sensors. The location of the sensors enables a more dynamic range of acoustic sound to be captured than ever before. Together with Taylor's custom-designed preamp, this system produces exceptional amplified tone and responsiveness. On stage through a PA, plugged into your favorite acoustic amplifier or direct into recording software, Expression System 2 faithfully conveys the voice of your Taylor guitar.
|Included from Manufacturer||Taylor AeroCase
Elixir Phosphor Bronze Light strings
|Acoustic Body Style||Grand Theater|
|Number of Strings||6-Strings|
|Top||Solid Hawaiian koa|
|Back||Solid Hawaiian koa|
|Sides||Solid Hawaiian koa|
|Number of Frets||20|
|Bridge Saddle Material||Micarta|
|Electronics||Expression System 2|
|Tuner Built In||No|
|Nut Material||Graph Tech|
|Unique Features||Spring Vine fretboard and peghead inlays
Maple binding with black and koa edge trim
Single-ring maple rosette
Antique gold Gotoh Mini 510 tuners with 21:1 gear ratio
Taylor Guitars Warranty
1. Terms and Conditions. TAYLOR warrants solely to the original purchaser of this TAYLOR musical instrument that the instrument purchased shall be free from defects in materials and workmanship under normal use for as long as the instrument is owned by the original purchaser, and until the ownership of the instrument is transferred to another (unless otherwise noted by TAYLOR). TAYLOR further warrants solely to the original purchaser that all TAYLOR pickups and pickup systems – including TAYLOR solid body electric guitar pickups, installed acoustic pickups and pickup systems and pickup systems sold separately – shall be free from defects in workmanship and materials and shall function for a period of two (2) years from the date of purchase. This Limited Warranty does not apply: (a) to wear and tear to or breakage of frets, strings, nuts, saddle, batteries, or other damage or deterioration due to normal wear and tear of the instrument or its parts, or to normal wear and tear or breakage of any part of an instrument, including but not limited to controls, switches, jacks, plated surfaces, tuning devices, pickguards or finish, or to any instrument case, gig bag, gig bag handles, zippers, latches, case hardware, or finish; (b) to asserted defects or damage caused by modification, misuse, neglect, abuse, accidents, acts of nature, or improper maintenance of the instrument or its parts (TAYLOR reserves the exclusive right to make such determination of misuse, modification, or neglect based on inspection by TAYLOR or an authorized TAYLOR service center); (c) to asserted defects involving subjective personal likes or judgments, including subjective opinions regarding tonal characteristics of the instrument or grain characteristics or colors of woods; (d) to asserted defects or damage to an instrument such as cracks, splitting, or warping of wood or damage to the instrument’s finish caused by accident or exposure to changes in or extreme instances of temperature or humidity, exposure to sunlight, moisture, body salts or acids, guitar straps, or guitar stands or hangers which cause harm to the instrument; (e) to defects asserted by any purchaser who did not purchase the instrument from an authorized TAYLOR dealer in the United States of America or Canada; (f) to guitars owned by non-U.S. or non-Canadian residents; (g) to electrical components not manufactured by TAYLOR; (h) to setups, adjustments, or any routine maintenance; (i) to any instrument whose serial number is missing, altered, or tampered with in any fashion; or (j) to asserted defects or damage to an instrument which has had work performed on it by or has been otherwise repaired or modified by a technician or repair person other than an TAYLOR certified technician at an authorized TAYLOR service center.
2. Limitation on Obligations. THE OBLIGATIONS OF TAYLOR HEREUNDER ARE LIMITED TO REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT OF PARTS OF THE INSTRUMENT OR PICKUP FOUND TO BE DEFECTIVE UNDER THIS LIMITED WARRANTY. IN NO EVENT SHALL TAYLOR BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO TIME, WAGES OR LOST PROFITS, OF ANY NATURE OR KIND OR FOR DAMAGES TO OR LOSS OF PROPERTY. In addition, TAYLOR reserves the right to modify, refine, or improve its instruments, parts and pickup systems, including making mechanical and electrical refinements and wood species substitutions, without incurring any responsibility to modify, exchange, replace or repair any parts or products to meet prior specifications. This limited warranty does not cover circumstances beyond TAYLOR’s control. This warranty does not apply when failure is due to shipping damage, accident, alteration, modification, unauthorized service, misuse, abuse, use with incompatible accessories or attachments. THIS LIMITED WARRANTY IS THE SOLE WARRANTY OF TAYLOR GUITARS WITH REGARD TO MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS ONLY AND IS GIVEN IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PURPOSE. Specific rights might vary by state or in Canada, so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you.
3. No Other Warranties. The Limited Warranty set forth herein constitutes the entire warranty and representation of TAYLOR with regard to the Taylor products identified in the preceding paragraph. This Limited Warranty shall be controlling over any conflicting terms and conditions of any purchase orders, contracts or invoices which may be executed in connection with the purchase of any TAYLOR musical instrument or related product. NO representation or warranty made by any TAYLOR salesperson, dealer, agent, representative or employee shall be binding upon TAYLOR other than as set forth herein.
4. Claim Procedures. Unless the original purchaser is notified in writing that repairs and service under this Limited Warranty may be made by an authorized TAYLOR dealer or authorized TAYLOR warranty repair center, claims for warranty performance and service shall be made by the original purchaser sending the instrument to TAYLOR at 1900 Gillespie Way, El Cajon, CA, 92020 to the Attention of the Repair Department and listing the RA (return authorization) number on the outside of the box. Shipping and insurance must be prepaid by the purchaser. The purchaser also must include any permits required for export of the guitar from purchaser’s country (if located in Canada), prepaid by purchaser, together with (a) evidence confirming the original purchase by purchaser (such as a copy of the sales invoice or receipt, a credit card slip, or the like); (b) a brief description of the nature of the asserted defect and photographic or other documentary evidence requested by TAYLOR; and (c) the name, address and phone number of the original purchaser to whom the instrument is to be returned. Please call Customer Service prior to shipping your guitar. If you fail to contact TAYLOR prior to exporting your guitar from Canada, or if you fail to get any necessary permit for your guitar, the guitar could be subject to government confiscation and/or TAYLOR may not be able to obtain a permit to ship it back to you in Canada. TAYLOR shall review the description of the asserted defect, examine the instrument, and make service, repairs and replacements as appropriate under this Limited Warranty. Upon completion of the service, the instrument shall be returned by TAYLOR to the original purchaser, shipping, permits and insurance to be paid by the purchaser. In the event it is determined that the asserted defect is not covered by or is excluded from this Limited Warranty, the instrument shall be returned without repairs or replacement, shipping, permits and insurance to be paid by the purchaser.
5. Legal Remedies. Depending upon the state in which you reside, you may have additional legal remedies available under the applicable Commercial Code or Consumer Warranty laws.