Taylor GT Urban Ash Acoustic Guitar - Natural
FREE GUITAR INSPECTION!Your guitar will arrive ready to play.
Designed from the ground up for comfort, playability and rich tone, Taylor GT Urban Ash debuts a compact body shape with a big, resonant acoustic voice. Grand Theater shares the basic footprint of the jumbo-sized Grand Orchestra shape, but its proportions have been scaled down (including a shallower body depth), creating a fun, inviting feel in a package that you can take virtually anywhere. GT Urban Ash also features a uniquely proportioned neck with a scale length of 24-1/8", a bit longer than GS Mini and a bit shorter than Grand Concert. The neck provides a slinky fretting feel thanks to reduced string tension. It comes together in GT Urban Ash, built with solid back and sides of the responsibly sourced tonewood that gives the guitar its name. A solid spruce top helps charge GT's tonal response with projection that belies its small frame, powered by the asymmetrical C-Class bracing design, which translates the tone-enhancing properties of V-Class bracing into a sonic engine appropriate for this body shape. Expect a warm, punchy midrange accentuated by crisp treble notes with an impressive bass response that owes its surprising power to the bracing scheme. A beautiful fretboard of responsibly sourced smoked eucalyptus delivers the feel of a rosewood fretboard with the tonal character of ebony, while a thin matte finish preserves the guitar's resonance. A clean-cut appointment package includes Pinnacle inlays in Italian acrylic, a three-ring koa rosette and a dusky Urban Sienna stain on the ash back and sides. It ships in a super-durable yet lightweight Taylor AeroCase.
Grand Theater shape
Compact yet gifted with a bold voice, the GT's scaled-down frame offers surprising tonal power and texture.
Sitka spruce top wood
As a guitar soundboard, Sitka spruce is the tonewood standard of the modern era. Its combination of strength and elasticity translates into a broad dynamic range, yielding crisp articulation and allowing for everything from aggressive strumming and flatpicking to fingerpicking.
Urban Ash body wood
Taylor's use of Urban Ash, also known as Shamel or evergreen ash, reflects its commitment to finding more sustainable, responsible ways to source tonewoods from within its local region. Tonally, Urban Ash's properties make it a strong contender as a high-grade guitar wood of the future. With its focused, fundamental-strong voice, it produces clean notes mostly free of ringing overtones. Urban Ash will work well for fingerstyle players seeking an articulate sound unclouded by overtones or generalists looking for an all-purpose sound that can be molded to perform across genres and styles. It's also a versatile tonewood option for singer-songwriters and players looking to cut through a mix with a group of musicians.
This responsibly sourced tonewood has the physical texture of rosewood and the sonic properties of ebony.
Accents include Italian acrylic Pinnacle inlays, a three-ring koa rosette and a faux tortoiseshell pickguard.
Thin matte finish
An ultra-thin, water-based finish with an Urban Sienna stain optimizes acoustic resonance and preserves the wood's textured feel.
The best of both worlds: all the protection of a hardshell case with material construction that's a fraction of the weight.
Taylor Grand Theater series
Designed from the ground up, Taylor GT (short for Grand Theater) introduces a new category of acoustic guitar in size, feel and sound. Crafted on Taylor's California campus, GT's uniquely modern proportions make it super fun and easy to play, with a big sonic personality worthy of any pro player's toolbox.
A compact body
The GT body style borrows the basic body curves of Taylor's Grand Orchestra (its largest body style), but they're scaled down for comfort. The width at the lower bout is nearly the same as Taylor Grand Concert, but GT's body length is shorter and the body depth is slightly reduced. This creates an accessible feel for all types of players and scenarios, from the couch to the campfire to the concert hall.
A nimble neck
Grand Theater's unique neck proportions are also scaled for the ultimate in playing comfort. The 24-1/8" scale length lies between GS Mini and Grand Concert. The result is light string tension, the same as if you tuned a guitar with a 25-1/2" scale length down a half step. The closer fret spacing will help your fret-hand dexterity, while the string spacing at the nut (1-23/32") finds the sweet spot between 1-11/16" and 1-3/4".
Rich, robust sound
Featuring all-solid-wood construction, GT belies its size with a high-octane musical response. The secret sauce is Taylor's C-Class voicing architecture inside the guitar. Inspired by V-Class bracing, the C-Class design enhances the volume and sustain, while its unique asymmetrical pattern accentuates the lower frequencies. This allows Grand Theater guitars to produce a surprisingly warm bass response for their compact dimensions. The sound is sweet, focused and responsive.
|Included from Manufacturer||Taylor AeroCase
Elixir Phosphor Bronze Light strings
|Acoustic Body Style||Grand Theater|
|Number of Strings||6-Strings|
|Number of Frets||20|
|Bridge Saddle Material||Micarta|
|Tuner Built In||No|
|Nut Material||Graph Tech Tusq|
|Unique Features||Italian acrylic Pinnacle inlays
Three-ring koa rosette
Taylor Guitars Warranty
1. Terms and Conditions. TAYLOR warrants solely to the original purchaser of this TAYLOR musical instrument that the instrument purchased shall be free from defects in materials and workmanship under normal use for as long as the instrument is owned by the original purchaser, and until the ownership of the instrument is transferred to another (unless otherwise noted by TAYLOR). TAYLOR further warrants solely to the original purchaser that all TAYLOR pickups and pickup systems – including TAYLOR solid body electric guitar pickups, installed acoustic pickups and pickup systems and pickup systems sold separately – shall be free from defects in workmanship and materials and shall function for a period of two (2) years from the date of purchase. This Limited Warranty does not apply: (a) to wear and tear to or breakage of frets, strings, nuts, saddle, batteries, or other damage or deterioration due to normal wear and tear of the instrument or its parts, or to normal wear and tear or breakage of any part of an instrument, including but not limited to controls, switches, jacks, plated surfaces, tuning devices, pickguards or finish, or to any instrument case, gig bag, gig bag handles, zippers, latches, case hardware, or finish; (b) to asserted defects or damage caused by modification, misuse, neglect, abuse, accidents, acts of nature, or improper maintenance of the instrument or its parts (TAYLOR reserves the exclusive right to make such determination of misuse, modification, or neglect based on inspection by TAYLOR or an authorized TAYLOR service center); (c) to asserted defects involving subjective personal likes or judgments, including subjective opinions regarding tonal characteristics of the instrument or grain characteristics or colors of woods; (d) to asserted defects or damage to an instrument such as cracks, splitting, or warping of wood or damage to the instrument’s finish caused by accident or exposure to changes in or extreme instances of temperature or humidity, exposure to sunlight, moisture, body salts or acids, guitar straps, or guitar stands or hangers which cause harm to the instrument; (e) to defects asserted by any purchaser who did not purchase the instrument from an authorized TAYLOR dealer in the United States of America or Canada; (f) to guitars owned by non-U.S. or non-Canadian residents; (g) to electrical components not manufactured by TAYLOR; (h) to setups, adjustments, or any routine maintenance; (i) to any instrument whose serial number is missing, altered, or tampered with in any fashion; or (j) to asserted defects or damage to an instrument which has had work performed on it by or has been otherwise repaired or modified by a technician or repair person other than an TAYLOR certified technician at an authorized TAYLOR service center.
2. Limitation on Obligations. THE OBLIGATIONS OF TAYLOR HEREUNDER ARE LIMITED TO REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT OF PARTS OF THE INSTRUMENT OR PICKUP FOUND TO BE DEFECTIVE UNDER THIS LIMITED WARRANTY. IN NO EVENT SHALL TAYLOR BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO TIME, WAGES OR LOST PROFITS, OF ANY NATURE OR KIND OR FOR DAMAGES TO OR LOSS OF PROPERTY. In addition, TAYLOR reserves the right to modify, refine, or improve its instruments, parts and pickup systems, including making mechanical and electrical refinements and wood species substitutions, without incurring any responsibility to modify, exchange, replace or repair any parts or products to meet prior specifications. This limited warranty does not cover circumstances beyond TAYLOR’s control. This warranty does not apply when failure is due to shipping damage, accident, alteration, modification, unauthorized service, misuse, abuse, use with incompatible accessories or attachments. THIS LIMITED WARRANTY IS THE SOLE WARRANTY OF TAYLOR GUITARS WITH REGARD TO MUSICAL INSTRUMENTS ONLY AND IS GIVEN IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PURPOSE. Specific rights might vary by state or in Canada, so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you.
3. No Other Warranties. The Limited Warranty set forth herein constitutes the entire warranty and representation of TAYLOR with regard to the Taylor products identified in the preceding paragraph. This Limited Warranty shall be controlling over any conflicting terms and conditions of any purchase orders, contracts or invoices which may be executed in connection with the purchase of any TAYLOR musical instrument or related product. NO representation or warranty made by any TAYLOR salesperson, dealer, agent, representative or employee shall be binding upon TAYLOR other than as set forth herein.
4. Claim Procedures. Unless the original purchaser is notified in writing that repairs and service under this Limited Warranty may be made by an authorized TAYLOR dealer or authorized TAYLOR warranty repair center, claims for warranty performance and service shall be made by the original purchaser sending the instrument to TAYLOR at 1900 Gillespie Way, El Cajon, CA, 92020 to the Attention of the Repair Department and listing the RA (return authorization) number on the outside of the box. Shipping and insurance must be prepaid by the purchaser. The purchaser also must include any permits required for export of the guitar from purchaser’s country (if located in Canada), prepaid by purchaser, together with (a) evidence confirming the original purchase by purchaser (such as a copy of the sales invoice or receipt, a credit card slip, or the like); (b) a brief description of the nature of the asserted defect and photographic or other documentary evidence requested by TAYLOR; and (c) the name, address and phone number of the original purchaser to whom the instrument is to be returned. Please call Customer Service prior to shipping your guitar. If you fail to contact TAYLOR prior to exporting your guitar from Canada, or if you fail to get any necessary permit for your guitar, the guitar could be subject to government confiscation and/or TAYLOR may not be able to obtain a permit to ship it back to you in Canada. TAYLOR shall review the description of the asserted defect, examine the instrument, and make service, repairs and replacements as appropriate under this Limited Warranty. Upon completion of the service, the instrument shall be returned by TAYLOR to the original purchaser, shipping, permits and insurance to be paid by the purchaser. In the event it is determined that the asserted defect is not covered by or is excluded from this Limited Warranty, the instrument shall be returned without repairs or replacement, shipping, permits and insurance to be paid by the purchaser.
5. Legal Remedies. Depending upon the state in which you reside, you may have additional legal remedies available under the applicable Commercial Code or Consumer Warranty laws.