Tiptop Audio CP909 Analog Clap Drum Module
Tiptop Audio CP909 is the Roland TR-909 clap sound analog generator in eurorack format. This is yet another low-cost analog drum generator from a legendary drum machine in your modular synthesizer, expanding your Tiptop Audio modular drum machine even further.
CP909 is an exact reproduction of the original analog circuit and, with the addition of an extra knob, 'trashing' the frequency of the internal noise generator has added greatly to the spectrum of sounds that can be generated — all without compromising the signature sound of the TR-909 clap.
The CP909 clap effect is made by a special triple-saw envelope generator that controls the gain of a VCA. The sound source feeding into the VCA is made by a quasi-random logic based noise generator; some might call it 'digital noise,' though this term might be misleading in today's world of microcontrollers and sound samples. What really makes the noise generator is a ring of logic gates — so primitive, so 80s — and that's the sound of the 909 clap
CP909 includes a high-powered output gain stage capable of producing hot signals. On the inputs, Tiptop Audio has designed a pulse-shaper circuit so you can trigger CP909 with trigger/gate signals from step sequencers, clock dividers or any other pulse/clock sources. This eliminates the need to shape pulses sent to the module and ensures the same stable sound at peak power, regardless of your pulse source.
Based on the architecture of the 909, the accent input is versatile and able to take in both CV and gate signals for continuously changing dynamics. All these unique features make integrating this legendary sound generator into your modular synth easy, unleashing the power of real analog drums.
- Module controls
- LEVEL knob: master output gain level
- TRASH knob: noise generator speed control
- ACCENT knob: accent level control, affects loudness and attack levels
- Patch points
- ACCENT IN input: gate trigger input to trigger accent
- GATE IN input: gate trigger input to trigger clap sound
- CLAP OUT output: audio output
- Physical specifications
- Size: 4hp
- Module depth: 36mm
- Power usage: 6mA @ +12V, 10mA @ -12V
|Included from Manufacturer|
|Module Power Usage||6mA @ +12V
10mA @ -12V
Tiptop Audio Limited Warranty
Tiptop Audio offers the most extensive product warranty on the analog synthesizer market.
The warranty fully covers any defects or malfunction of their modules for one full year.
- Ground shipping is FREE for all orders $99 and up.
- Our central, midwest location ensures fast delivery times.
- See below for transit day estimates. Please note, these are estimates and are not guaranteed.
Generally, package estimated transit days are as follows:
- Upper Midwest: 1-3 days
- Central US, South East US, and East Coast: 2-4 days
- West Central US: 3-5 days
- West Coast: 4-6 days
- Alaska & Hawaii: 7+ days