Tiptop Audio CYMBL909 Analog Cymbals Drum Module
Tiptop Audio CYMBL909 is a dual-voice module containing the Roland TR-909's crash and ride cymbal circuits adapted for use in eurorack modular synthesizer format and tested to sound like a fresh machine coming off the assembly line back in the 80s. In addition to the range provided by the original circuits, Tiptop Audio has added some great new features that expand this module's sound palette.
The original circuits use a combination of low-fi 6-bit sound samples which are passed through a series of analog elements that provide envelope and filtering to the source sounds. CYMBL909 adds manual and voltage control of the samples' analog tuning sections, creating tones that range from heavy/industrial at the low end to the original crash/ride sounds at the midrange and bright, hats-like sounds at the top end. Modulating the VC-TUNE parameter with an envelope, CV sequencer or LFO makes interesting 'sound bending' effects that can be used either in or out of sync with the triggering of the sounds themselves.
Just like the other drum modules in this series, CYMBL909's high-powered output gain stage allows you to further enhance the sound through distortion and clipping. Tiptop has designed a dual pulse-shaper circuit on each gate input so that you can trigger CYMBL909 with trigger/gate signals from step sequencers, clock dividers or any other pulse/clock sources.
- Module controls
- LEVEL knobs: master output gain levels
- TUNE knobs: VCO tuning control
- ACCENT knobs: accent level control, affects loudness and attack levels
- Patch points
- VC-TUNE inputs: CV control over VCO tuning
- ACCENT IN inputs: gate trigger inputs to trigger accents
- CR GATE and RD GATE inputs: gate trigger inputs to trigger CRASH and RIDE sounds
- CR OUT and RD OUT outputs: audio outputs
- Physical specifications
- Size: 8hp
- Module depth: 46mm
- Power usage: 60mA @ +12V, 40mA @ -12V
|Included from Manufacturer|
|Module Power Usage||60mA @ +12V
40mA @ -12V
Tiptop Audio Limited Warranty
Tiptop Audio offers the most extensive product warranty on the analog synthesizer market.
The warranty fully covers any defects or malfunction of their modules for one full year.
SHIPPING DELAYS ARE A WORLD WIDE EXPERIENCE
You may have seen the images of ships stacking up on the west coast, waiting for their turn to port. This combined with the increased demand for domestic shipping of products from all industries across our nation has resulted in a rapidly fluctuating climate for receiving and shipping products. While we do our best to offer accurate shipping estimates, please remember that complications can arise which may be beyond our control. Know that Kraft Music is here to assist in any way that we can.
- Ground shipping is FREE for all orders $99 and up.
- Our central, midwest location ensures fast delivery times.
- See below for transit day estimates. Please note, these are estimates and are not guaranteed.
Though forcasting shipping times has become increasingly difficult, general FedEx package estimated transit days are as follows:
- Upper Midwest: 1-3 days
- Central US, South East US, and East Coast: 2-4 days
- West Central US: 3-5 days
- West Coast: 4-6 days
- Alaska & Hawaii: 7+ days